Who do I address my cover letter to when applying for a internship at Lockheed Martin?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Job Applicant in New Castle, Pennsylvania

35 months ago

I'm interested in applying for a job at Lockheed Martin and am in the process of writing my cover letter, but am unsure who to address the cover letter to since there is not a specific person listed that the resume will be reviewed by. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter Bob in Brunswick, Georgia

35 months ago

Congratulations on taking the first step! If you don't have an "inside man" at LM who can pull up the specific hiring manager's name for that REQ ID #, I'd recommend just using something generic like "Good afternoon" for your salutation.

Avoid "To whom it may concern" at all costs!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Job Applicant in Lakewood, Ohio

1 month ago

Recruiter Bob in Brunswick, Georgia said: Congratulations on taking the first step! If you don't have an "inside man" at LM who can pull up the specific hiring manager's name for that REQ ID #, I'd recommend just using something generic like "Good afternoon" for your salutation.

Avoid "To whom it may concern" at all costs!

Thanks for the helpful advice recruiter Bob. I've been advised to use "Dear Hiring Manager" as a salutation if the specific managers name is unknown, do you have any advice as to whether or not that is advisable?

Thanks!

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

1 month ago

Job Applicant in Lakewood, Ohio said: Thanks for the helpful advice recruiter Bob. I've been advised to use "Dear Hiring Manager" as a salutation if the specific managers name is unknown, do you have any advice as to whether or not that is advisable?

Thanks!

It doesn't matter. Nobody reads cover letters anymore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

eggy in socal, California

29 days ago

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada said: It doesn't matter. Nobody reads cover letters anymore.

you're right that it doesn't matter how you address the letter, but it most likely DOES get read.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.