What does Job Status Accepted mean on the Lockhead Martin Website??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (24)

myron murph in utica, New York

75 months ago

I applied on the website for an internship. I was wondering what does Job Status Approved mean?? Does that mean you are going to get an interview??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tobie in Denver, Colorado

74 months ago

Did you end of finding what job status approved ment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

M in Hampton, Virginia

74 months ago

Not sure, because mine says OPEN yet I already interviewed, and then a week later was told LM was eliminating the position completely, yet it's STILL in open status??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NewCollegeGrad Relocating To Maryland in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

Hello everyone, I had a recruiter contact me from LM about 2 weeks ago and said she was submitting my application to the hiring manager. I contacted her last week and she said she hadn't heard anything yet but they did have an interview set up with a candidate who submitted their application prior to mine.(First off does that mean oh we are not interested anymore or we are going to interview this person if they don't fit we will contact you?) Now I went back on the website to check the status of the job, and the job status date has changed, but its still open. Does that mean they have reposted the job, or have they filled the position. Also wouldn't it say closed if it had been filled?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Blaine7 in Baltimore, Maryland

53 months ago

Not impressed with the website

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas

46 months ago

Hi all

Has anyone gotten their interview yet? still waiting? or gotten their offers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Blaine7 in Baltimore, Maryland said: Not impressed with the website

The website is very user friendly are you having trouble with it?

eggy in Palmdale, California

46 months ago

:Toddie- what's up with resurrecting threads from many months ago? You seem like a LM pr or communications person that's here in a official / semi official role? Trying to meet your year end objectives now that it's PRS time? :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

eggy in Palmdale, California said: :Toddie- what's up with resurrecting threads from many months ago? You seem like a LM pr or communications person that's here in a official / semi official role? Trying to meet your year end objectives now that it's PRS time? :D

Hey Eggy, I am not PR, COMS or doing for this PRS (even thought that's a nice thought =D) I relocated from Virginia a few months ago and someone ask that I help out with this site so I agreed. Frankly I am a bit shocked at what I am reading but I am happy to see folks like yourself taking the time to help disspell some of the misinformation that is placed on here and to provide some unofficial guidance on where to find correct information on acquiring employment information, good job my friend and thank you =)

princess1 in Wheeling, Illinois

36 months ago

I applied for a admin position last week and got a email a few hours later from LM and a pre screen form to fill out which i did right away. when can i expect to hear anything on this?

Recruiter Bob in Woodstock, Illinois

36 months ago

Princess, congratulations on the progress. The pre-screening form is a tool recruiters use to gather information before sending candidates to the hiring manager for review. If you're considered competitive, you'll probably be contacted within the week, assuming that the position status hasn't changed. While it's definitely a step in the right direction, it's still no guarantee that you'll be offered a job, or even contacted...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ninabeans in Palmdale, California

34 months ago

Does anyone know how long LM usually takes to contact applicants that are successful in the pre-screening process? I have just submitted my application for an open HR position, and have heard some horror stories about how long it takes for a hiring decision to be made. The job I applied for sounds almost exactly like the job I just left a few months ago in England (not by choice, my spouse is military and we moved), and I already have a clearance. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Recruiter Bob in Brunswick, Georgia

34 months ago

Ninabeans, it really depends on the individual job, and how soon the manager's looking to fill the spot. I personally try to call each applicant who makes it through screening, but some managers don't feel they have time to check in with all of the applicants who've bid for the spot. My advice? Keep applying for similar positions that fit your skills. LM has some great HR teams, so hopefully you'll be able to come on board!

34 months ago

Recruiter Bob, thank you so much for the information! I really hope I do make it through the screening. I am pretty sure I will; the job description for the HR Asst. position mirrors my job description and duties from my last job with the Department of the Air Force. However, I am also sure there will be some tough competition, so please cross your fingers for me!!! Thank you again for your advice :-)

34 months ago

Recruiter Bob, would it be a bad idea to call the LM plant that I applied to in order to check on the status of my application? I have no idea when the job is supposed to close (it doesn't indicate a close date on the site), but the job was opened on the 5th. Any advice would be appreciated!

Recruiter Bob in Brunswick, Georgia

34 months ago

Nina, I wouldn't quite call it a bad idea, but I doubt you'd be successful in reaching anyone by phone. I'd recommend a more "low-profile" strategy of making personal contact with a friend or acquaintance who works at the plant, then asking them to dig for more information on the position. On the off chance that you were able to get through to the hiring manager yourself, you'd run the risk of coming across as a pesky outside applicant.

34 months ago

Thank you for your advice Bob. I thought it might come off as pushy to call the plant directly. I don't know anyone at the plant, as I have just moved to the area very recently, but I'll just sit tight and hope the phone rings :-)

eggy in socal, California

34 months ago

Ninabeans in Palmdale, California said: Thank you for your advice Bob. I thought it might come off as pushy to call the plant directly. I don't know anyone at the plant, as I have just moved to the area very recently, but I'll just sit tight and hope the phone rings :-)

Nina- if you can post up a req id, I can try and check the req status. No promises.

34 months ago

Hi Eggy, and thank you so much for offering :-) That is really nice of you. The Job Req ID is 215851BR

Any information you can tell me would be most greatly appreciated!

Nina

Oz in Greenville, South Carolina

34 months ago

Recruiter Bob, and eggy,

I flew in and interviewed in the fort worth office on last wednesday. They said I would get a response this week. I felt like the interview went well as I was getting responses such as "great" and "very good". I just noticed though that the position was reposted today. A little worried to what that might mean. Any insight would be appreciated.

34 months ago

Oz in Greenville, South Carolina said: Recruiter Bob, and eggy,

I flew in and interviewed in the fort worth office on last wednesday. They said I would get a response this week. I felt like the interview went well as I was getting responses such as "great" and "very good". I just noticed though that the position was reposted today. A little worried to what that might mean. Any insight would be appreciated.

No one can provide insight into that situation without knowing the details, but wait until the week is done and contact the interviewer (you do have the contact info of those who interviewed you, right?) on Monday if you don't hear anything.

34 months ago

Ninabeans in Palmdale, California said: Hi Eggy, and thank you so much for offering :-) That is really nice of you. The Job Req ID is 215851BR

Any information you can tell me would be most greatly appreciated!

Hmmm, interesting req... I was hoping to contact the manager on the req, but despite it being a associate level req, it's posted as reporting to the HR VP out of FW... Sorry, but I'm not going to be calling her up. :D

If you can post up an email where I can contact you (create a throw away one so you don't get spammed to death), I can send you contact info for someone in Palmdal HR if you're feeling spunky and feel like cold calling someone. Not sure I would necessarily recommend it, but hey, if you're not getting anywhere otherwise... ;D

34 months ago

Thank you for checking on that Eggy, and don't worry, I would never expect someone to contact someone on my behalf! I am probably going to wait to contact someone until the job is closed for a bit; calling too soon would be a tad bit rude :-) Thank you again for your help, and if I still don't hear anything in a couple of weeks, I may take you up on the email offer :-D

Tersr38@aol.com in Jacksonville, Florida

11 months ago

I applied for a position and the status says approved. Does anyone know what this mean?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.