How to get a foot in the door for factory jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Airplane Builder nbr 463 in Spanaway, Washington

67 months ago

Hi, folks. I see most of you are professionals, but I was wondering what the specific "voodoo ritual" was for getting into the factory. I'm currently working for Boeing as an assembly mechanic in Commercial Airplanes, but am looking to move back to my home state of Georgia. My hope is to somehow leverage my current experience as an inroad into the Marietta, GA location, but I'm at a bit of a loss. Like Boeing, it appears that the online bits of the job search and acquisition are the same, i.e. write a resume using key words from the job description as posted and hope the sorting software deems your little personal masterpiece worthy for further consideration. I'm willing to bet that LM shares another thing in common with Boeing, and that's the value of face time with the right people.

If anyone here either works in one of the factories and/or knows someone who knows someone, I'd be thrilled to speak with you. I can be reached via a reply here, or via email at jonrd463 at hotmail dot com. Thanks a ton!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.