When and how is a hiring salary offered during the interview process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Alli980 in College Station, Texas

71 months ago

Hi All. I have a company interview in Fort Worth for a college level position in a month as a System Engineer. I am over qualified for the

position due to previous career experience and am hoping for a higher starting salary. Is LM open to salary negotiation with recent grad? or are college hires offered a set salary? Any input, tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

perk in Dallas, Texas

71 months ago

I don't think there is a set salary for college hires, they are usually open, depending upon experience and education. If your offer is lower than what you expected, I am not sure if you can negotiate a higher rate. I am pretty sure they will look at your asking salary on your application and let you know if what you are asking is higher than what they can pay. Just be honest on your application and put down the anything lower than what you are willing to accept.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Hello Perk. Thanks for answering. I've already turned in the application so now I'm in the waiting phase. I wonder if experience or education is the better selling point with LM when making a determination? I am also wondering if I will be given job offer salary details at the site interview if they decieded to hire me, or if I might receive them in writing later? Cheers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

perk in Dallas, Texas

71 months ago

They usually don't discuss salary during the interview, that is all handled by HR. You will probably receive a letter or email after the interview with an offer.

71 months ago

Lockheed is a great company to work for. I'm looking forward to the interview.

CompSciGirl in Las Vegas, Nevada

71 months ago

At the end of your interview someone from HR will ask you what salary you're looking for. I got a couple of offers for positions in DC a few weeks ago and they offered me much less than what I told them I was looking for. When I tried to negotiate I was told that they aren't negotiating right now because of the bad economy.

Could just be the part of LM that the positions were in though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

eggy in Palmdale, California

71 months ago

Alli980 in College Station, Texas said: Hi All. I have a company interview in Fort Worth for a college level position in a month as a System Engineer. I am over qualified for the

position due to previous career experience and am hoping for a higher starting salary. Is LM open to salary negotiation with recent grad? or are college hires offered a set salary? Any input, tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks

1- you can always ask for more money when negotiating. worse that can happen is they'll say no.
2- why are applying for a req that you think you are overqualified for, and will likely pay less than you want? isn't that a bit of a waste of time for everyone involved?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.