How long is the wait really?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (40)

Savannah Franklin in Edmonds, Oklahoma

51 months ago

I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in Dallas the end of August. It was a few hours of straightforward behavioral questions, I couldn't get a read on them. But they told me they "hope to make a decision by mid-late September" I still haven't heard anything. Are my hopes dashed? Is LM usually late in making an offer? Can I expect a rejection letter if I'm not picked?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Anyone?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jeremy in Tucson, Arizona

51 months ago

I had an interview at LM Fort Worth 20 days ago and I just got the job offer today!! It will take sometime to do at least an initial background check. Good Luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Jeremy, what was the job for? I interviewed in for worth, the one near the naval base but I said Dallas bc that's what people seem to know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

eggy in Palmdale, California

51 months ago

Job offers can come the same day or it can come in months. Someone *should* contact you if they're not making an offer.

If they gave you an expected date to make a decision and it's passed, contact the HR rep or hiring manager you dealt with to get an update.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Eggy, I emailed HR last week but haven't gotten a response. I've thought about calling next week but don't want to be buggy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeremy in Tucson, Arizona

51 months ago

Interviewed for the Aircraft Maintenance Support Engineer position. Which one did you interview for? I would call HR just for a status update. I did and the HR guy told me it was good that I did. Because it reminded him that he needed to get the rest of my paperwork done and caught up. How did the interview go did you and the interviewers seem happy about how the interview turned out?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

I interview for a Project Manager & Planning Operations Rep. I've been torn about calling because they said if I get the job I'll get a call from HR, they never said keep in touch. I haven't been sure if that means they don't want to be bothered.
It was really hard to tell what they thought. It was a panel interview and they sat there expressionless firing off behavioral questions. I would try to expound but they would said they had all they need with a yes or no.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mr Doe in Florida

51 months ago

As one poster mentioned, I've also heard same day hires to taking months to hire. I interviewed over phone late June this year. Position requires background investigation..etc. The person that interviewed me didn't bs me..said he's had check go by fast but that is rare, so I'm not holding my breath about it. I'm expecting months to go by before I hear anything.

I do think they called my current employer a little over a month ago or so because things got a little fishy around here and all off a sudden I was in with HR getting asked if I was happy, did I feel challenged enough here..etc. I was then offered an increase in pay (which has nothing to do with why I'm seeking the job at lock heed actually..but thanks anyway)....I was told then "we know you are worth more..etc but this is all we can do"

That pretty much drove the nail home that I'm sure they got a call from somebody about me.

Again, I'm going on as usual until I hear something. I may email the contact person this week just to see where things are though since it's been about 3.5 to 4 months now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

smith in Brooklet, Georgia

51 months ago

Savannah Franklin in Edmonds, Oklahoma said: I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in Dallas the end of August. It was a few hours of straightforward behavioral questions, I couldn't get a read on them. But they told me they "hope to make a decision by mid-late September" I still haven't heard anything. Are my hopes dashed? Is LM usually late in making an offer? Can I expect a rejection letter if I'm not picked?

unfotunately, these guys may call years later or next week....they phoned me years after application....don't give up, but may not be when you want

eggy in Palmdale, California

51 months ago

Savannah Franklin in Edmonds, Oklahoma said: I've been torn about calling because they said if I get the job I'll get a call from HR, they never said keep in touch. I haven't been sure if that means they don't want to be bothered.

Show some initiative and call. ;D

I would never be concerned about bothering a HR rep- it's their job to interface with you. Don't bother the hiring manager too much though. :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Called Monday and left a message but haven't heard back

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas

51 months ago

Mr Doe in Florida said: As one poster mentioned, I've also heard same day hires to taking months to hire. I interviewed over phone late June this year. Position requires background investigation..etc. The person that interviewed me didn't bs me..said he's had check go by fast but that is rare, so I'm not holding my breath about it. I'm expecting months to go by before I hear anything.

I do think they called my current employer a little over a month ago or so because things got a little fishy around here and all off a sudden I was in with HR getting asked if I was happy, did I feel challenged enough here..etc. I was then offered an increase in pay (which has nothing to do with why I'm seeking the job at lock heed actually..but thanks anyway)....I was told then "we know you are worth more..etc but this is all we can do"

That pretty much drove the nail home that I'm sure they got a call from somebody about me.

Again, I'm going on as usual until I hear something. I may email the contact person this week just to see where things are though since it's been about 3.5 to 4 months now.

Mr Doe may I suggest you learn to spell the name of the company if you are going to be employed here its LOCKHEED not Lock heed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Mr Doe in Florida

51 months ago

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas said: Mr Doe may I suggest you learn to spell the name of the company if you are going to be employed here its LOCKHEED not Lock heed

wow, are you seriously that anal that you needed to point out a spacing issue in that post? lol wow. Get over yourself please. Maybe after they lay you off they'll call somebody on here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Mr Doe maybe thats why you are no longer gainfully employed by Lockheed Martin, maybe your negative sour attitude had something to do with it perhaps? People with your outlook tend to breathe negativity and detract from creativity in the workplace. No company would want you in their employ if you continue this pattern of behavior. Good Luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Hi Savannah it may take a bit longer if you havent heard anything yet things have been quite hectic around Aero these last few months so hang tight and dont give up.

51 months ago

Thanks Todd. I was told by someone I know who works at a different lockheed that Lockheed aero is growing & moving very fast. I guess that would also mean they are busy enough to have to let some things take longer so they can get to the most pressing stuff

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mr Doe in Florida

51 months ago

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas said: Mr Doe maybe thats why you are no longer gainfully employed by Lockheed Martin, maybe your negative sour attitude had something to do with it perhaps? People with your outlook tend to breathe negativity and detract from creativity in the workplace. No company would want you in their employ if you continue this pattern of behavior. Good Luck!!

Todd: You can try to deflect and clear your conscious at my expense with your attack on my original post all you want. While types like me are out there working getting the job done types like you sit back and nit pick and complain using the exact same smart attitude you've displayed from the start regarding lock heed vs LOCKHEED remember.

Get off your soapbox Todd before you fall or get knocked off is my advice to types like you. Answering a question is one thing, but leave the grammar police role for somebody else (unless that is what LOCKHEED pays you to do all day).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Mr. Doe ignorance is a luxury you can ill afford in this day age. It takes a highly synergistic team of professionals to build the kind of products and provide the type services we do. I am not here to argue with someone who obviously has a chip on his shoulder. I wish you the best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Hi Savannah Aero is extremely busy and growing at a furious pace. Dont give up, but do try to follow up with the recruiter it shows that you are genuinely interested in a career with Lockheed Martin. I wish you the best! =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

I finally talked to HR today. They said they are really backed up in the hiring process and they send out rejection letters once they have someone for the job. So there may still be a chance, I'm not sure. I also noticed they posted two jobs with the same job description this week. I applied for them too

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Savannah Franklin in Edmonds, Oklahoma said: I finally talked to HR today. They said they are really backed up in the hiring process and they send out rejection letters once they have someone for the job. So there may still be a chance, I'm not sure. I also noticed they posted two jobs with the same job description this week. I applied for them too

Hi Savannah I am happy you got an answer and heard it straight from them, dont give up just keep applying sooner or later something will work in your favor =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Today I was sent security paperwork! I was really surprised and called HR. They told me they are preparing to make a decision soon and need to have everything on file. Not sure what to make of it- am I being considered? Or is it standard practice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeremy in Cedar Hill, Texas

50 months ago

That is a good sign!! You are at least being considered!

50 months ago

That is a good sign but make sure you get the offer letter, what position did you apply for if you dont mind my asking?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Planning operations representative

50 months ago

Oh ok Planning is overwhelmed right now so just be a little patient!!! you will be ok =)

50 months ago

Haha, yeah! I was told that getting ready to make a decision shortly- I think in LM that's about a month, so I know it won't be next week.

50 months ago

I was passing through the ARC in Fort Worth yesterday and I can tell you this every cubicle in that area had an interview being conducted with the waiting area full. They are truly busy so be thankful that you got in and got as far as you did the folks in there look like they could use a rest

50 months ago

Sounds faster than anyone can imagine unless you're there to witness it! I am thankful, don't get me wrong. I think waiting for an answer it's easy to want to hurry things up because I'm not dealing with all the things they are. I tend to think about it a bit more

50 months ago

Savannah Franklin in Edmonds, Oklahoma said: Sounds faster than anyone can imagine unless you're there to witness it! I am thankful, don't get me wrong. I think waiting for an answer it's easy to want to hurry things up because I'm not dealing with all the things they are. I tend to think about it a bit more

They are truly trying but can you imagine getting approximately 40,000 resumes a day can be truly overwhelming. I am happy that you are almost here, hopefully I will get a chance to say hi and maybe have some coffee when you get settled in =)

Dave in North Las Vegas, Nevada

50 months ago

I got a call and they asked me if I was interested and I said yes they forwarded my resume and then I was contacted by someone else talked to him for awhile and he said he would put in his recomendation and they should get back to me in a couple of weeks to schedule an interview, is this normal I'm stressing waiting for this call.

parkjo17 in Georgia

50 months ago

Dave in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: I got a call and they asked me if I was interested and I said yes they forwarded my resume and then I was contacted by someone else talked to him for awhile and he said he would put in his recomendation and they should get back to me in a couple of weeks to schedule an interview, is this normal I'm stressing waiting for this call.

I don't blame you stressing. Do you have their contact information so you can follow up in case if nothing comes. Otherwise, just trust that they will call back and keep applying. From my experience, i got a call from a recruiter asking me if I was interested in a finance position. I said yeah and he sent me a prescreening form. I filled it out and sent it in. Didn't hear anything back for couple days and I got a call for an interview. Hope they call you back.

Waiting

23 months ago

Jeremy in Cedar Hill, Texas said: That is a good sign!! You are at least being considered!

Hello my name is Nay, and I was offered a postion at Lockheed martin August 20th, 2012. Lockheed flew me out to the Fortworth Texas plant on the 19th, I was handed my offer to me and waited ner ouly for about 6 to 8 weeks for my

background to clear. In fact , it was worth the wait, It cleared. And I was told that I was in the next hiring pool....but all the jo s were placed on hold until after the holidays, election and so forth. I still have my offer, but Im afraid that they may cancel those postions. I guess my question is, is there a geat chance that the jo s can be resinded?...the position to which I applied for is a syrucal mechanical assembler postion

Waiting

23 months ago

Hello my name is Nay, I was offered a structural mechanical position at the fortworth plant at Lockheed August 20th 2012, after the interview,background check, I cleared everything. I was told that certain positions are placed on hold due to holidays and the election. I called the second week of January to check the status, and was told these positions are put on hold. my question is....although I have my job offer in my hand..will these positions be resinded...if not Im waiting on my start date. Sincerely, WAITING!

am3gose in Fort Worth, Texas

23 months ago

Hey Nay, LM Aero is not a responsible, intellectually competent or morally acceptable company to work for. For all of the managerial personnel: If you are struggling to roll on square wheels, you don't need more horses to move forward, replace the wheel. The Ft Worth site should be renamed the "LMC Senior Citizens Activity Center".
I have relocated my family a total of 6500 miles covering to 5 states and 2 coasts for 2 jobs with LM. I have signed 2 contracts saying I won't quit for a total of 24 months. I have a total time of 13 months non-gainful employment, 2 layoffs and a 200 point decline in credit and $$ amount of debt.
Atleast you weren't given a start date and released your second day. I started here in Ft Worth on August 13 2012 and I learned that I would not be employed due to sequestration in January. Half right, I was laid off due to "staff scheduling" 1/25/13. I have worked every level and environment in military aviation and I have to say this one was a challenge. The "Old Guard" are assembly workers, not aircraft mechs. You will actually hear them argue about how anal the company is on tool control which if you ever worked a line or deck (flight), is embarrassing. I've never seen such poorly maintained tools and poorly managed tool boxes. You could learn a lot from Marietta, which got me 9 months. Considering the trillions spent on the F-35, one straight drill motor would be nice. I will let you know when I get recalled, which depends on a mass die off of baby boomer gen. workers. ation is a tough world,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Waiting patiently

23 months ago

This is Nay, and I appreciate the reply, this really comes as a surprise to me. I hear alot of good things about Lockheed Martin, and didnt realize that some people are very unhappy working for them. But my postion is this, Im cirrently working for a temp agency and ready for a stable amd have gainful employment. I have a job offer and excepted it,after passing my background and drug test test, I and others were placed on hold. I was told maybe Spring they would have something then. I just hope that I would recieve a letyer or email if my status change or if the jobs are resinded. Im not holding my breath..but would like like to start somewhere, instead of working for slave wages.

Big Dan in Corpus Christi, Texas

23 months ago

Waiting patiently said: This is Nay, and I appreciate the reply, this really comes as a surprise to me. I hear alot of good things about Lockheed Martin, and didnt realize that some people are very unhappy working for them. But my postion is this, Im cirrently working for a temp agency and ready for a stable amd have gainful employment. I have a job offer and excepted it,after passing my background and drug test test, I and others were placed on hold. I was told maybe Spring they would have something then. I just hope that I would recieve a letyer or email if my status change or if the jobs are resinded. Im not holding my breath..but would like like to start somewhere, instead of working for slave wages.

Nay, my advice is for you to look for another job. You will be waiting forever otherwise for something that may never come.

Waiting patiently

23 months ago

Big Dan in Corpus Christi, Texas said: Nay, my advice is for you to look for another job. You will be waiting forever otherwise for something that may never come.

You maybe absolutely right, I cant believe they flew me down there and gave me an offer, then put us all on hold, what was the point of bring all of us down there to build out hopes, thats real messy. People had to take off from there other jobs just to tease us with job offers that they wont guarantee us even after the background check and drug screening. Well the least they can do....is let us know if they canceled or resinded job offers...I havent receieved anything yet. But the hiring manager told me if those jobs are canceled, we would be notified by letter. So Im waiting,but working at the same time. Thanks for the response,sincerely Nay...

Big Dan in Corpus Christi, Texas

23 months ago

Go to the LM website, look up the job you applied for. I'll bet it is listed as canceled.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.