question about the hiring process at lockheed........please help

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

hal2011 in Bryan, Texas

60 months ago

i was contacted by an LM recruiter for an entry level position in FW area via email and there was a link to a prescreening form with a bunch of questions ....which i completed and sent online.

it has been a week almost and i haven't heard anything back yet....i was expecting a reply email or an interview call within a week ... starting to get a lil worried...and in need of some advice

is this standard procedure at LM?...

any advice information would be appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter Bob in Chicago, Illinois

60 months ago

Hal, the prescreening form is a common tool we use to help sort out candidates before the resumes are reviewed by the hiring manager. Completing one isn't necessarily a guarantee that you'll be contacted for an interview.

What position was this for? Do you have the REQ ID number?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Flavius in Camarillo, California

17 months ago

Recruiter Bob in Chicago, Illinois said: Hal, the prescreening form is a common tool we use to help sort out candidates before the resumes are reviewed by the hiring manager. Completing one isn't necessarily a guarantee that you'll be contacted for an interview.

What position was this for? Do you have the REQ ID number?

When I got the prescreening form, they asked me the questions but said that the Hiring Manager already reviewed my resume. I then had to complete another online application, but no call for an interview after three weeks. Looks like I didn't make the cut. Oh well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Flavius in Camarillo, California

16 months ago

Well I was wrong, a month after the last application, got an email requesting an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marcus Sullivan in Texas

16 months ago

Flavius in Camarillo, California said: Well I was wrong, a month after the last application, got an email requesting an interview.

Hiring process can take 3-6 months as far as I know.

GAgirlnow in Norcross, Georgia

8 months ago

I applied for several positions at Lockheed Martin Corporation. I have a LM recruiter to contact me about and ask if I was still interested in a job in which I applied for two days earlier. If so, please and a few questions and email her back. A few hours later, she replied by stating she was forwarding my resume to the hiring manager for consideration. When I check my job submissions v. my status date, the status date has changed on several of my jobs submitted. Do you know what that means? All positions are still listed as "opened."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

GAgirlnow in Norcross, Georgia

8 months ago

GAgirlnow in Norcross, Georgia said: I applied for several positions at Lockheed Martin Corporation. I had a LM recruiter to contact me about one in particular. She wanted to know if I was still interested in the job in which I applied for two days earlier. If so, please answer a few questions and email her back. A few hours later, she replied by stating she was forwarding my resume to the hiring manager for consideration. When I check my job submissions v. my status date, the status date has changed on several of my jobs submitted. Do you know what that means? All positions are still listed as "opened."

Sorry, I made some typos and corrected them.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.