How to get a job at Lowe's Companies.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (26)

Host

Do you work at Lowe's Companies? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Dana in Charlotte, North Carolina

91 months ago

I interviewed with Lowe's in Wilkesboro, NC and it went very well. It is a great job and can lead to a wonderful, long lasting career. I am on edge waiting to here from them. How long does it take for HR to get back with you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (102) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Jake in Elyria, Ohio

91 months ago

What kind of salary can you work towards at Lowes?

What type of position can you grow into?
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (82) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

With the training and the opporunity to become a Certified Information Systems Auditor at Lowe's, it will open up doors to a wonderful career and the money will also be there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jake in Elyria, Ohio

91 months ago

Is this all Lowes training or do they send you to the local college to take classes?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

You will get on the job trainging but you have to an undergraduate degree in Information Systems. I have a degree in Software and Information Systems and a strong work history but I am not sure I am what they are looking for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Wheelersburg, Ohio

91 months ago

Jake said: What kind of salary can you work towards at Lowes?
What type of position can you grow into?
Thanks
You can work up to just about anything as long as you are willing to work for it. You can be a department manager making 30,000 dollars a year within 2 years sometimes less. Just make your mark.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

hey scott,
do you work for lowe's? if so, can you tell me more about their hiring process. how many interviews do you have to go through until you here an answer from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Drew in Oxford, Michigan

90 months ago

Dana said: I interviewed with Lowe's in Wilkesboro, NC and it went very well. It is a great job and can lead to a wonderful, long lasting career. I am on edge waiting to here from them. How long does it take for HR to get back with you?

Sounds great Dana (good luck). What type of job did you interview for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

What is going on with these companies?
I went through two rounds of interviewing with Lowe's and still did not get hired for a Staff IT Auditor position. I have a BA in Software and Information Systems and several years of experience and this was not good enough to land a job with Lowe's. I drove a hour and a half one way to get to the interview and back home. I wanted this job so bad, the commute everyday would only be a small sacrifice. Now, I am back at the beginning, applying and waiting for someone to call me in for an interview.

Good Luck, to everyone looking for a job and God Bless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Drew in Oxford, Michigan

90 months ago

Hello Dana,

Sorry things didn't work out for you yet. I was just curious though; how come you really want to get into Lowe's so bad? Have you heard really good things about the company. Do you know somebody that works there? again, just curious.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Oakland, California

90 months ago

I worked for Lowes four years in the management possitions. My experience with lowes was not really good. I would recomand other companies to work with. Lowes has everything good on Papers. But in reality there is not enforcement of their Code of Ethic, Policy and Procedure. Retaliation is everywhere if you complain. So it is useless to point out any mistake or voilation of Code of Ethics. Terible company for wokers. Great company if you are in Corprate offices

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

vicki in Palmdale, California

89 months ago

corporate america at its finest...your ideas mean nothing it;s their way or the highway,benefits good..but power trip management will get to you.long hours and you may have to work 9-12 days before you get a day off,I made it through 6 yrs and was glad to leave

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Nell

89 months ago

vicki said: corporate america at its finest...your ideas mean nothing it;s their way or the highway,benefits good..but power trip management will get to you.long hours and you may have to work 9-12 days before you get a day off,I made it through 6 yrs and was glad to leave

Vicki, I was interested in applying for a Corporate Position. Please tell me more about your experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Aaron in Fresno, California

89 months ago

do they pee test or cotton swab the mouth?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nick in Spokane, Washington

88 months ago

I just got a job at lowes and it's by FAR, the best company i've ever worked for... Regal Cinemas is the WORST! Lowes seems like an awesome company, I've already gone through 2 days of orientation and it's fantastic, I love lowes.

3 interviews, the first time it's with 2 people, the second time it's with the store manager. They don't swab your mouth, this thing site in your mouth for about 5 minutes, then you put it in this container and seal it, it's shipped to a lab. The saliva test is just as good as the urine test, research it if you believe otherwise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kristine Jenson in Hamilton, Ontario

84 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Lowe's Companies? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I would like to know how to e-mail my resume to be considered for a job at Lowes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jane in Austin, Texas

83 months ago

Make sure that if you are applying for any Upper Management or any Area or higher position if you are not from the company already, they will not callyou back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Feasterville Trevose, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

Hi,
I've gone through 5 interviews over a period of Fri, Saturday, and today (Monday). Wow I'm just looking for a position selling flooring. I have 20 years retail sales experience. I'm being told I'll most likely be contacted this Wednesday after my background check to see if they have an offer for me. Intimidating on purpose is my guess, to see if you'll just give up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Concerned Manager in Huntersville, North Carolina

83 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Lowe's Companies? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

You need to ensure you have the right skills before you apply on-line. Sometimes 100-150 applicants apply for one job. New jobs are posted eacj day, check back often and apply only to those jobs that fit your skills. The recruiters do a good job of posting accurate job descriptions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lowe'sBaby in Gainesville, Florida

42 months ago

Dana in Charlotte, North Carolina said: hey scott,
do you work for lowe's? if so, can you tell me more about their hiring process. how many interviews do you have to go through until you here an answer from them.

hello Dana, you have to go through 3 different interviews in order to get hired. they can all happen days apart, or within the same day within the same hour (if you're lucky) the first is with the HR manager. the second is with another manager (most stores have about four) and the third and FINAL interview is with the STORE manager who is pretty much everyone's boss. in that interview, he will tell you how much you will be making an hour and so forth. then you go back to the HR and he tells you when you start, and the day you start is the day you start your training, (which is on the computer) COLLEGE DEGREES IS NOT REQUIRED, but could help.
all lowe's stores are different. it really depends on the stores "team" as a whole.
i have been to several Lowe's stores where there was poor customer service and employees who really didn't give a crap. try to show your face in a positive store. the store i work at now has such a wonderful team and we are all a family and every month we get our bonus for customer service and so-forth.

every different job has its own training. you must work there for about 6 months in order to transfer to a different department. ie: if you're a cashier, and new to the store. you have to be a cashier for about 6 months before transfering to lets say...the paint department, or hardware and so forth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Lancaster, California

28 months ago

I've applied online countless times to Lowes over the last few months. Having worked in construction related industries for 20 years, the last 5 as a project inspector (laid off now), I know I'm qualified to work in several different areas at Lowes. Yet, I've never been called for an interview. I live in southern California. Is not being bilingual, a big deal in this area, keeping me from being interviewed? Should I go in "in person"? Any advice leading to an interview would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lala in Gainesville, Florida

28 months ago

Mark in Lancaster, California said: I've applied online countless times to Lowes over the last few months. Having worked in construction related industries for 20 years, the last 5 as a project inspector (laid off now), I know I'm qualified to work in several different areas at Lowes. Yet, I've never been called for an interview. I live in southern California. Is not being bilingual, a big deal in this area, keeping me from being interviewed? Should I go in "in person"? Any advice leading to an interview would be appreciated.

Being bilingual is a plus for any position but it is not a reason to dismiss an application. If you are applying for such jobs like a pse (where you go out to customers homes to do estimates on roofing, decking, fencing aka....anything exterior) or a job in the commercial sales area, then YES, go in and introduce yourself to the store manager.
Also get to know the zone 3 assistant store manager because he is above the pse and commercial program. They look for people who can SELL. Show your knowledge in products.

For example. At my old store a man came in with paper work on new construction areas, houses, commercial buildings, etc. He did his research on areas that lowes can do business with.

Lowes is a company and they are trying to get on board with all stores being a team but to be honest, every single store whether in the same district or not, compete with each other. Especially when it comes to budget. You need to go in and show how you can help them build up more customers and make a business relationship with other businesses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Margie in Eugene, Oregon

23 months ago

Can anyone give me the email address to apply? Can't seem to find it:( Thanx anyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lala in Gainesville, Florida

23 months ago

Goes to lowes.com
Scroll down and click CAREERS
Select your state an city or zip to find a lowes store with positions open in your area.
And from there if anything is available it will show up. You must apply for all positions you want if there are more than one.
Then fill in all your information and etc.

Margie in Eugene, Oregon

23 months ago

Thanks so... much

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.