MACYS Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at MACYS?

What do you like best about working at MACYS? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

michelle in Miami, Florida

84 months ago

I went for an interview a couple days ago for this position and its pays $10.00!! WTF!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

mary in Akron, Ohio

79 months ago

are you complaining? because they pay upward from minimum wage in Ohio!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

monics in Parkville, Maryland

72 months ago

WHAT? Does Macy's pay only (10 dollars an hr) this is not even good enough to start with. Oh Pleuseeee!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Hard Worker in Hollywood, Florida

69 months ago

I worked for Macy's corporate and they're salaries are terrible. The benefits are lacking. Worst job I've ever had...all around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hard Worker in Hollywood, Florida

69 months ago

If you want numbers...I made $39,000/yr that doesn't inlcude $10 parking/day, and the mileage I put on my car. While they do reimburse you for some of you travel it is not nearly enough. Bottomline is my accountant advised to look for another job because my bottomline was being affected in a very negative way.

You also have a dress code (which costs $) and the discount in only 20%. If you're going to work in retail, it's more profitable to work in high end.

My advice forget Macy's. There's no money in it, high turnover, and no pleasantries...as I said earlier worst job ever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

legalove in California

67 months ago

Hard Worker in Hollywood, Florida said: If you want numbers...I made $39,000/yr that doesn't inlcude $10 parking/day, and the mileage I put on my car. While they do reimburse you for some of you travel it is not nearly enough. Bottomline is my accountant advised to look for another job because my bottomline was being affected in a very negative way.

You also have a dress code (which costs $) and the discount in only 20%. If you're going to work in retail, it's more profitable to work in high end.

My advice forget Macy's. There's no money in it, high turnover, and no pleasantries...as I said earlier worst job ever.

I'm surprised that $40,000/yr would be looked at as being poor wages these days. I'm a sales associate at Macy's and when you compare the two forms of pay, I would certainly be thrilled with the higher income if I was offered such an opportunity with Macy's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.