I got the job at Macys, did a background check and never got called back?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Skratch in Richmond, Virginia

40 months ago

So i recently got hired for macys seasonal, did the background check a week and 2 days ago and never got a call back, i called yesterday and asked for the HR department and that took me to voice mail, i didnt leave a msg, today i called ask for HR went to voice msg again so this time i left name and number, still no call back, What is the problem? i really need a job why didnt call me back for the rest of information etc? My background is clean

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

kettlekorn233 in La Mesa, California

39 months ago

Skratch in Richmond, Virginia said: So i recently got hired for macys seasonal, did the background check a week and 2 days ago and never got a call back, i called yesterday and asked for the HR department and that took me to voice mail, i didnt leave a msg, today i called ask for HR went to voice msg again so this time i left name and number, still no call back, What is the problem? i really need a job why didnt call me back for the rest of information etc? My background is clean

If you don't get hired now then it will be too late. Seasonal is about over now! Sorry they left you hanging. that's Macys-blame HR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Betsy21 in La Mesa, California

32 months ago

kettlekorn233 in La Mesa, California said: If you don't get hired now then it will be too late. Seasonal is about over now! Sorry they left you hanging. that's Macys-blame HR

I hate Macy's in El Cajon, Ca, especially HR! What's up with that stupid insite scheduling system its ridiculous. Macy's is the worst company ever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dollface in Macon, Georgia

32 months ago

From my experience, they don't do it by telephone, they contact you by emial.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Skratch in Richmond, Virginia said: So i recently got hired for macys seasonal, did the background check a week and 2 days ago and never got a call back, i called yesterday and asked for the HR department and that took me to voice mail, i didnt leave a msg, today i called ask for HR went to voice msg again so this time i left name and number, still no call back, What is the problem? i really need a job why didnt call me back for the rest of information etc? My background is clean

As far as I know it, Macy's doesn't even do a background check. This is a sorry company to work for!
They are a cheap company, raises are tiny, and managers are sometimes rude. Macy's in El Cajon is the worst place to work, they only think about profiting and making money, they don't care about their employees either and I heard Macy's in La Mesa, CA is the damm same. I have friends that work there and they regret going to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Skratch,
I would go to the store in person and speak with the store manager and explain the situation to them. It is HR's brilliant mistake. They do nothing all day but sit on their behinds and tiddle their fingers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

skratch in Richmond, Virginia

32 months ago

ya'll this is so old now, but they eventually called like 3 weeks before the season holiday season was over, did training then after that i kept trying to contact the manager for my department and they never set me a schedule to ever work, so i never worked i only did training, retail sucks anyway

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jobhunter.hsw in Monrovia, California

3 months ago

I am in a same situation. If I don't hear by next week, I am starting to look for new job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

3 months ago

Honestly Macy's is a dead end job! I've worked there for 6 years, busted my behind and still can't move up. Look for a real job like Target

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.