How to get a job at Macy's.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Do you work at Macy's? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Betsy21 in La Mesa, California

27 months ago

Macy's will hire most anyone. If you can people to sign up for credit Macy's will love you truly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Betsy21 in La Mesa, California

27 months ago

Macy's is always hiring, If you don't get people to apply for credit you won't be a Macy's employee for long. It all about the credit, but if you are a good talker you go it made.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick in Somerville, Massachusetts

27 months ago

1. Have a pulse. 2. Sell their credit cards. 3. You're hired.

See also, Sears, JC Penny's, almost every store in every mall in America.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ladycaramela in New York, New York

11 months ago

I worked for Macy's 2 Xmas's in a row, Surprise!but u are right about them pushing u to get people to open up a Macy's credit account.YOU know I get hired and do what I got to do,because I notice there are office politics there,so I don't even sweat it anymore.You can't tell people how to spend your money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Barb in Milford, Pennsylvania

11 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Macy's? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

ey called me back in the Spring.

I applied for a Holiday position. Then after leaving they called me back in the Spring. Do you have the name of an Associate who yo can say was a Referral. That always helps! Good luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

VBS31 in Westchester County, New York

9 months ago

ladycaramela in New York, New York said: I worked for Macy's 2 Xmas's in a row, Surprise!but u are right about them pushing u to get people to open up a Macy's credit account .YOU know I get hired and do what I got to do,because I notice there are office politics there,so I don't even sweat it anymore.You can't tell people how to spend your money.

I'm in New York but not the city, working as a holiday sales associate.

I ask every single customer about the card. When I ring someone out, my first words are "Will you be using your Macy's Card today?"

This is what I've noticed:

1. Many people have one already, especially those with coupons, because many of the coupons require you to use the Macy's Card to make the purchase.

2. The ones who don't have a card almost never want one. And I really pitch it to them, explaining all the benefits. As an employee, I didn't even want one. I asked for a pre-pay card for my discount. The interest rates are ridiculous and who needs the extra burden in this economy?

So, do they really fire you if you don't open new accounts? You can only do so much. The one I've gotten so far, on my first day, was a couple buying a high ticket item who wanted the discount you get when using the card. And, they almost balked because of the info Macy's needs, specifically the Social Security, number.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.