How to get a job at Magenic.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Do you work at Magenic? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Martin Burns in Boston, Massachusetts

46 months ago

If you're looking for a job with Magenic, reach out - I handle Eastern Region Recruitment for the company. Great culture, people here are smart (I'm the exception), low-ego, and love technology. I know - "recruiter, used car salesman, who do you trust more... That said, some things to back up my claims: a mid-sized, privately held consulting company, that employs people like Rocky Lhotka, works on interesting custom application development projects, has a ridiculously low turnover rate, and that doesn't require it's consultants to travel for the privilege (yup: work for the Boston office, work with clients around Boston - same for all of our regional offices).

So, think about it: you're a developer and/ or architect. You love to build stuff, not maintain someone else's stuff. That's hard to find in a product company - usually, you have to go into consulting. The drag there is: 80% travel. To places like.. Fargo. Working with people you only know for the duration of the project, and then may never see again. We've just taken the best of both (building cool stuff), and removed the worst (maintenance versus travel).

It's good here - seriously good. Plus, since we're a company made up of geeks, some of the perks include tripped out laptops, cell phone coverage, and annual gifts like X-Boxes, phones, Kindles, etc etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.