Travel Pay at Manpower

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

LaLaesha Yerden in Three Rivers, Michigan

59 months ago

The company that I work for thru Manpower is sending me on the road. Through Manpower, do I get paid for my travel time? The HR person at this company doesn't know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

59 months ago

Travel is an expense - so yes, you will get paid. You will get paid for hotel(if you have it) and mileage, tolls. Be sure to keep your receipts. When you submit them, tape them to a piece of copy paper, from dated order and time. Ask the company for an expense report form to fill out. Make sure it is signed by a company supervisor. Make a copy of everything for yourself.

LaLaesha Yerden in Three Rivers, Michigan

59 months ago

The person that I will travel with will be a company credit card holder. I won't have to pay for anything out of pocket. I am wondering about travel time. The places that we will be going will be about 4 hours away. I will be taught by the rep that I am riding with on the way there and on the way back.

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

59 months ago

You should be paid for any and all time you "are on the job." If they tell you to be there (any certain place at a certain time), you should be paid.

On the other hand, if you are going for training, not all companies pay for training time. I had to do three days of training for substitute teaching - not paid.

Be prepared to be screwed over. They may be taking you along for training, but actually using you for free help for a few days, and then dump you. May not happen, but it's possible.

Valiant in Salem, Massachusetts

59 months ago

You should be paid for time on the road, especially if the person you're riding with will be training you on the way. Company travel time is company travel time, you should be paid for it.
You need to find out. If you're not being paid for it, don't allow your travel companion to talk to you about work. Let them train you when you get there. If you do this, and they threaten your job, tell them you're not being paid for it and refuse to be harrassed into losing money.
If your not being paid for it, you may not want to do it, anyway. 4 hours is half a days work, after all.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.