MANPOWER - Ads for JOBS that DO NOT EXIST !

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Anonymous, Connecticut in Meriden, Connecticut

101 months ago

I have spoken with the Manpower Recruiter a number of times over last two months ... I initially responded to an ad for an Experienced Executive Assistant. I industry and skill qualified with many years of experience! The recruiter contacted me, tested me, agreed that I was qualified and supposedly submitted my resume. I have waited and called - waited and called - nothing! This AD - two months later is still appearing on the job boards. I have contacted the Recruiter so many times, inquiring about my application, that the Recruiter finally admitted that this job is posted just to get people in the door! There is NO JOB! Personally I think this is BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE !!!! and hugely MISLEADING!!!! I spend hour upon hour EVERY day on the job boards looking for a job, submitting applications and sending emails, making phone calls and I feel this practice is TOTALLY UNETHICAL. I wonder how many other agencies are doing the same thing??? I wonder how many hours are wasted by all of us applying for positions that don't exist???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Grey_Grace in Vero Beach, Florida

94 months ago

Do you think Manpower has been in business since 1948 by posting faux ads? A scam? I bet you did not know that many ads posted on Monster, CareerBuilder, and several other major recruiting websites are an outsourcing service they provide their clients. The resumes received in response to the ad are directly forwarded via email to the Manpower client, who will screen and call you. Don't assume.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

aasha in Madras, India

42 months ago

Anonymous, Connecticut in Meriden, Connecticut said: I have spoken with the Manpower Recruiter a number of times over last two months ... I initially responded to an ad for an Experienced Executive Assistant. I industry and skill qualified with many years of experience! The recruiter contacted me, tested me, agreed that I was qualified and supposedly submitted my resume. I have waited and called - waited and called - nothing! This AD - two months later is still appearing on the job boards. I have contacted the Recruiter so many times, inquiring about my application, that the Recruiter finally admitted that this job is posted just to get people in the door! There is NO JOB! Personally I think this is BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE !!!! and hugely MISLEADING!!!! I spend hour upon hour EVERY day on the job boards looking for a job, submitting applications and sending emails, making phone calls and I feel this practice is TOTALLY UNETHICAL. I wonder how many other agencies are doing the same thing??? I wonder how many hours are wasted by all of us applying for positions that don't exist???

dont mistake all consultants........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.