Manpower falsification

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Bryan in Ohio

91 months ago

Oh I went to manpower,I had seen a posting on the net.A Job in my town that I was qualified for.I was told this was just a generic listing .And then they told me there were no jobs even in my town.What is up with this?
Just a lure to get you in their door's,and for what! 482

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Richard in Boca Raton, Florida

90 months ago

MANPOWER IS A JOKE!! A CRUEL JOKE AT THAT. I HAVE CALLED, CAJOLED, AND FINALLY I HAVE ABANDONED ALL HOPE OF DEALING WITH ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN AT THIS SUPPOSED "HEADHUNTING" COMPANY. I WAS TOLD BY CORPORATE IN WISCONSIN THAT THERE WAS A TURNOVER SITUATION IN SOUTH FLORIDA. MY ADVISE TO ANYONE FROM FORT LAUDERDALE NORTH THROUGH BOYNTON BEACH IS TO AVOID MANPOWER. IN MY OPINION, THEY ARE WORTHLESS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

CODDY in Largo, Florida

89 months ago

I HAVE READ THROUGH NEARLY 1000 COMMENTS FROM ALL OVER THE U.S. AND I AM WONDERING HOW THEY STAY IN BUSINESS???. ANY ANSWERS OUT THERE???.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

89 months ago

CODDY in Largo, Florida said: I HAVE READ THROUGH NEARLY 1000 COMMENTS FROM ALL OVER THE U.S. AND I AM WONDERING HOW THEY STAY IN BUSINESS???. ANY ANSWERS OUT THERE???.

Here's an answer...Manpower intakes tens of thousands of people a week nationally...Not every person walking through the door will get a job...What you are hearing is the angry people who have not received positions through Manpower. The people who are working do not have time to be on these boards posting their positive comments...

Recruiters use this site to source possible job openings and we run by these blogs daily, it's humurous the way some people think but people get naturally bitter when they are rejected.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sg23 in New Jersey

80 months ago

Humurous? That's your take? I think its sad that an organization in that industry doesn't take pride in representing its clients and providing feedback to its candidates. I work in this industry as a consultant helping clients outsource recruitment functions and the feedback from manpower clients and candidates is consistently poor, just something to think about when you suggest its humurous that candidates (even those who may not be qualified for one job) are so easily dismissed with no feedback or direction. As an employment agency there is a social responsibility in each and every community to help develop the local economic conditions ~ constructive criticism and partnerships with workforce development programs or training facilities could produce a network of developing talent for future growth of your business and yoru clients' businesses. Or you can just churn through resumes, place whoever you have time to reach out to in between coffee breaks, make poor hires, and churn clients. Either way, nice value add.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Disappointed in Columbus, Ohio

80 months ago

Recruiter in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: What you are hearing is the angry people who have not received positions through Manpower. The people who are working do not have time to be on these boards posting their positive comments...

it's humurous the way some people think but people get naturally bitter when they are rejected.

I'm sorry but that's wrong. I have a position working at a great employer, but unfortunately through Manpower. Manpower's own employees are either rude or not the sharpest crayons in the box, and I'm none too impressed by some of the people they hire to fill positions either.

The rep at the local Manpower office almost made me fail my drug test because she gave me a huge glass of water and told me to drink it before putting in the oral swab. Turns out, you're not supposed to eat or drink for 15 mins before you take the test, and she knew that. The other employee there asked her why she gave me a glass of water and she had nothing to say. I still passed anyway.

She was also very rude and told me that there was "No chance" that I would get the position, even though I was the only person who applied for the position and was personally recommended to be hired for the position by head of the department at the employer.

They also put down the wrong school district code on my paperwork and withheld money when the tax rate for my district is 0.00% (they don't have income tax). They are refusing to refund it and told me I have to file with the state to get it back, already ran into this with my parent's accountant putting the wrong district code on their tax forms, you can't get it back becuase you can't file for a district you don't live in...

And the best part, surprise! my check didn't show up this week. I love not getting paid! (The one good thing I will say about manpower is that they pay weekly, which is nice)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.