Manpower is a joke (bad)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

JamesNoel

91 months ago

If they DO find a job for you they take %25 right off the top. I would not even work for a company that uses these idiots.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Informed in Flower Mound, Texas

89 months ago

Sounds like Antoine and Greg work for Manpower. What gives?? I know of Manpower personally and know them to NOT have any integrity for what they do. They will get what the client wants to pay. I have NEVER heard of them making a candidate pay for services but I also know that they are not very good on follow up. Their practices are not on the up and up for lesser qualified candidates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

lucien in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

YES THEY DO WORK FOR MANPOWER IT'S OBVIOUS
SINCE THEY ARE THE ONLY SUPPORTERS OF MANPOWER HERE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

JR in Stuart, Florida

31 months ago

Antoine in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: Manpower has never and would never take any money off the top, like you suggest. You were not informed correctly. Manpower pays you either what the customer suggests or what the industry standard is...(Manpower, FYI pays higher than any other agency on earth, that is a statistical fact). The fee comes when the company pays a mark up on top of your payrate.

Let's not forget Manpower offers Great benefits, 401k, Medical/ Dental /Vision, Holiday Pay, and Vacation Pay...No other agency can compete with the benefits or pay offered by Manpower...Please get the facts straight.

Lies

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

JR in Stuart, Florida

31 months ago

Manpower is down right nasty, no pay raises and even though it says in the employee handbook that if you work 1800 hours in a year you get a 40 hour paid vacation ...lies. You get nothing but the hourly rate that was negotiated at the time of hire. You are not allowed to apply for other Manpower jobs and health insurance is downright despicable, 10K maximum coverage. Heck my last visit to the hospital was 27K for something called cryptosporidium that I got from some Publix shrimp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ugg in Milford, Pennsylvania

21 months ago

No , every job I see from them is very low !!!! They keep the standard of pay low !!! They are a contributor to the low pay . Isee jobs they are offering say $11.00 hr when a company hiring directly will pay $14.00. Manpower only does the leg work for the companies , therefore paying less

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Noneofyourbusinessindeed in Noneofyourbusinessindeed, Alaska

18 months ago

What I understood from the Recruiter is that you have to work more then 1880 hours(+- 10 months) to get pay for any holiday.

The medical you have to pay something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JR in Stuart, Florida

18 months ago

Noneofyourbusinessindeed in Noneofyourbusinessindeed, Alaska said: What I understood from the Recruiter is that you have to work more then 1880 hours(+- 10 months) to get pay for any holiday.

The medical you have to pay something.

Manpower will cover $6.76 of the weekly premium for all enrolled employees who maintain a minimum of 100 hours per month. Also beware of special agreements or contracts that local Manpower affiliates use to preclude the payment of benefits like holidays or vacations. This exclusion is in fine print in the company handbook.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

IMI in Ceska, Czech Republic

13 months ago

Hello,
Does anybody know any email address, ideally from the headquarters, where I could report Manpower's unlawful dismissal of a pregnant woman?
Thank you in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dmaintenanceguy in Omaha, Nebraska

13 months ago

Well I have had my own issues with Manpower ! Not only was I degraded for not accepting a job, because I didn't have money to relocate; but they also tried getting me kicked off unemployment and the threat was real!!!!! Sad thing is that I considered the job and even looked up homes to move. Glad now I didn't follow through! I need employment not the hassles!!!!! The Lord say's to bless those who curse you, Bless and do not curse!!! So Bless you Manpower! And thanks for the degrading! I'll remember you when you become my footstool!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Fromwhatisee in Charleston, Illinois

4 months ago

Manpower isn't good if you already have good experience and a really well built work history. Its good for young people who maybe can't afford college right away and need some work experience. It doesn't pay the highest, but to kids out of high school and/or college, its enough to get them by.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.