Shock and Awe at Manpower

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 68)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Manpower Employee of the Month in Beacon, New York

92 months ago

I was chosen by Manpower in New York for their "Circle of Excellence" award. I was shocked and awed at the $15.00 (Yes, fifteen dollars) gift certificate they gave me. A year and two months with no raise on a job that was underpaid. I was asked to stay permanently on this job but it's like being invited to board a sinking ship. I haven't found anything else because of limitations from health problems (No health insurance of course.) and lack of skills. Manpower is the worst of this slave industry called Temping. Hold out for a real job, if you can find one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (76) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Me in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

92 months ago

Why do you not have health insurance? Manpower offers it to temporary and permanent employees

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

stuck in a manpower job in Columbiana, Alabama

91 months ago

But if you are in a low paying position through manpower, you can't possible afford the insurance. You have to choose: Eat or be healthy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Boise, Idaho

90 months ago

Manpower Employee of the Month in Beacon, New York said: I was chosen by Manpower in New York for their "Circle of Excellence" award. I was shocked and awed at the $15.00 (Yes, fifteen dollars) gift certificate they gave me. A year and two months with no raise on a job that was underpaid. I was asked to stay permanently on this job but it's like being invited to board a sinking ship. I haven't found anything else because of limitations from health problems (No health insurance of course.) and lack of skills. Manpower is the worst of this slave industry called Temping. Hold out for a real job, if you can find one.

$15 is an insult.

I wish a walkout could be organized so that every temp or contractor from from every major temp agencyin the United States at every company in the United States would participate. I have been working for a large contract agency, at a large company for 4 years. I've finally seen the light and realize it's a dead end. They have given me almost nothing in total compensation increase, and I feel I am nothing to them.

I am now searching for a new job so that I can give them a nice little gift: a 2-week notice, although I plan to never, ever have to take a temp position again. In fact, I will not. ever. and I look forward to being able to wash myself clean of the abuse I've taken these last years - both from them and from the pricks at the client company.

This is the absolute worst industry in the United States. True, it is good for big business but really terrible for people who want to build their career (unless they get taken on by the company they are at, which is almost impossible).

If and when I am in a position of power, I do not care how much money I will save a company, I will not EVER use a contract agency to staff my company; I will direct hire.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Elly in Nevada, Missouri

90 months ago

I am ready and willing to protest!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

you have a great idea in York, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

Anonymous in Boise, Idaho said: $15 is an insult.

I wish a walkout could be organized so that every temp or contractor from from every major temp agencyin the United States at every company in the United States would participate.

That is a great idea---
You need the organization and particapation of all of us!!!
You've taken the 1st step Put the thought out there

2---why isn't there a UNION for Temps?
Well if the "staffing agancy" is our Representative --why culdn't 1/2 a million americans have thhis "benefit"--

I am not a union advocate--and personally i am agianst them--but if someone and a group of people care about a similar interest--they should come togther for the good of all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

debb in Hartland, Wisconsin

89 months ago

Hey, I can beat the $15.00 thing! At Christmas time My old security company used to send with our paycheck, a coupon for
on FREE BIG Mac! Along with a letter advising us to have a
good holiday and reminding us that if we fail to show up for our
Christmas shift we would be fired! They were such warm and fuzzy people. NOT!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

been there done that in York, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

Ouch---that's horrible----still got the coupon? or did you relish the free meal and were extremely greatful((((insert sarcasm))))

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

been there done that in York, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

stuck in a manpower job in Columbiana, Alabama said: But if you are in a low paying position through manpower, you can't possible afford the insurance. You have to choose: Eat or be healthy.

you forgot buying gas---what is being healthy?
Oh like if you have to buy needed medication?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Me in Staten Island, New York

89 months ago

debb in Hartland, Wisconsin said: Hey, I can beat the $15.00 thing! At Christmas time My old security company used to send with our paycheck, a coupon for
on FREE BIG Mac! Along with a letter advising us to have a
good holiday and reminding us that if we fail to show up for our
Christmas shift we would be fired! They were such warm and fuzzy people. NOT!

Wow! Reading these horror stories makes the $25 gift card I got for Christmas at my job a pretty good deal by comparison.

Galylord Finkkles in Rockford, Illinois

89 months ago

Yes It is trueabout Manpower. As a former enployee there for 2 years. Manpower dose not care about there contract workers. There loyalty is to there contract companies and if the means streaching the truth about a job. its all good example saying a job it temp to hire when you now it only for a week or so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

been there-done that!!! in York, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

Of course their (((((manpowers'--or any other temp service))) Loyality is going to be the people who make their pay check.....but without a work force they are at our mercy-----ha ha what a fictitious thought that is----
Someone Somewhere will always work for a few dollars less and work the hours no one wants--and if that happens there's shift premiums that make it attractive to work it....
I am currently unemployed and it would kill me to go to manpower--what does Janet Jackson ask---what have you done for me lately.....?
they haven't done anything for me lately.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Love-Scottsbluff,alabama in Leawood, Kansas

88 months ago

I have worked for manpower for about 4 years, I really have no complaints. The manpower here, i keep in touch with on a reg. basis. The girls there are great. and are always keeping me in mind for different jobs that are coming up. I have been at the same job for those 4 years and love it. As far the job i work at, i can not apply full time but you know what what works for me and my family! I recently got my "circle of exellence" and sure it was only twenty bucks but hey im content. better than my last job. hahahaha!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

Frustrated in Kansas City in Kansas City, Missouri

88 months ago

Love-Scottsbluff,alabama in Leawood, Kansas said: I have worked for manpower for about 4 years, I really have no complaints. The manpower here, i keep in touch with on a reg. basis. The girls there are great. and are always keeping me in mind for different jobs that are coming up. I have been at the same job for those 4 years and love it. As far the job i work at, i can not apply full time but you know what what works for me and my family! I recently got my "circle of exellence" and sure it was only twenty bucks but hey im content. better than my last job. hahahaha!!!

The few, the pretty, the brainwashed! Temp jobs are for fools! Manpower Propaganda! I'm sure this guy is actually a staffer at Manpower. I've tried twice with those people and got NOTHING!!!! I avoid staffing agencies now. Manpower loves you too Love, you keep them in the money. Just think what you could do with that money that they are stealing from you. Think for yourself and your family, not Manpower.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

been there-done that in York, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

Manpower and any other temp service-----
Are all about the money they make.....
Are we any different...the employee-the worker---

Finding work and employment either on our own or thru an agency--is about the money-

But like I had said in a previous answer--
people will work for wages no matter what
it is---how bad or what the shift--hence a shift differential or if no one wants the job the "agency" makes the pay a little more!!!

There are some trully crappy jobs out there!!!
Only thing I can say about Manpower-don't get hurt while on an assignment-you'll never work for them again?????

morning in Boulder, Colorado

88 months ago

i think the number on temp jobs is well over 1/2 million, more like 20 million. here in co, everyone that moves here almost, that i know, has had to surf the pounding surf and succumb to a temp job. manpower is ok, not perfect true, and yet, compared to darfur, compared to warfare, famine, epidemic disease and rampant starvation/hardships, we are living in paradise. "just another day, for you and me, in paradise...." yeh, sing it phil. peace and gluck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

BG in New Tripoli, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

I've never gotten a job through Manpower. I have a decent work history and asked for ANYTHING available...they don't even look at my info before turning me away. I had a gap in employment because I was away at college...one time they actually glanced over my profile (not very well, since they were clueless about half the things I filled in), and treated me like a criminal for having a few months gap in working because of moving to go to school. I didn't qualify for work/study, and it was a new town where I didn't know anything or anyone. I explained this to the woman helping me, and after explaining, she very rudely said "What???". I wish I could express the tone she said it in. When I explained it a second time and she STILL didn't get it, I walked out. Manpower is horrible. They don't care. They don't want to help you better yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Willy in parsippany, New Jersey

88 months ago

Me in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: Why do you not have health insurance? Manpower offers it to temporary and permanent employees

Manpower will not pay the extra $500.00 a week i need to afford it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Willy in parsippany, New Jersey

88 months ago

Willy in parsippany, New Jersey said: Manpower will not pay the extra $500.00 a week i need to afford it.

I make $10.00 an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tmlinatx in Austin, Texas

76 months ago

I worked for Manpower in another country and was impressed by their attentiveness and quick praise for a job well done. It made sense to seek them out again when I moved far away and needed a job. Funny how things change when going from a place that has stringent protective laws for employees to one without. I worked for Manpower at one of the largest IT companies in the world for 3 years with an impeccable work record only to be treated with a disgusting lack of respect. Texas Manpower employees endure a barrage of borderline criminal actions including random layoffs, HUGE pay cuts, and threats to their livelihood. I had my job threatened if I spoke to my coworkers about 'corporate policy'. We were told to lie to our coworkers about our job status or else face immediate discharge. Work ethics are obviously absent in management. I was lucky to have my talents noticed enough to move on to better things, but not without dealing with the rudeness and dismissal from an angered staff. I feel for anyone who has been taken advantage of by Manpower. Their website claims a sense of ‘social responsibility’ that they defy outwardly.
‘We are committed to: respect for people, clients and community and the role of work in their lives; sharing our knowledge and expertise to develop sustainable workforce practices throughout the world; and striving for excellence through innovation to develop socially inclusive working environments for the long-term.’
I think the saddest part is how they are able to continue to be such an unhealthy place for people to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

oldhat in Somewhere

76 months ago

Not only is Manpower toxic to its associate employees in the field, but to corp. employees as well. Never have I experienced or witnessed such unprofessional, not to mention uncouth, behavior in the workplace. The Central Va. Region is in the clasp of an abusive despot, titled Regional Director, with many managers, but not all, acting as evil minion by deploying the vicious tactics dictated by the Regional Director. MANY complaints have been filed by both Associate and Corp. employees, yet no action is taken by HQ leading me to believe this type of behavior begins at the top.

Below I have pasted comments from another section on Manpower

chloe smith in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: That is totally not true, I am a woman and Manpower is the most diversified company I have ever worked for. Have you read there company vision.... Diversity is one of them, look at there add campaign....

Manpower has a lot of VP's that are "minorities"

I see that you are in Milwaukee and therefore assume work @ Manpower HQ. While diversity of all types is in the co. "vision" statement and is in force at HQ, branch offices are another matter. When problems occur it must be taken to off site HR, usually in another state, where limbo and inertia reign. After resigning from the co., a person of position made demeaning and discriminatory comments about me
personally, adding that an atmosphere was created so that I would leave my position. These statements were made in the presence of a former co-worker.
I'm so relieved the "VP's" that are minorities are having such a wonderful experience, however I would suggest looking to the trenches where the real world is playing out.

Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No R

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Timmay in Midland, Michigan

75 months ago

i worked for manpower office in zeeland, mi years ago. It was the worst work experience of my life. I can't believe i stayed for the whole 6 mo assignment. their ploy is to tell you what a great employer they are "best in the business" without telling the whole terms. their health insurance they would contribute a total of $10/week and cover no dependends. i received no holiday pay which they don't let you know that you had to be there a yr for. In summary i received no benefits at all and a whole $8/hr.

to add insult to injury they badgered me for months leaving me phone messages to go to another assignment. i never returned their calls and they still called me. They must have been desperate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Manpower Employee of the Month in Beacon, New York said: I was chosen by Manpower in New York for their "Circle of Excellence" award. I was shocked and awed at the $15.00 (Yes, fifteen dollars) gift certificate they gave me. A year and two months with no raise on a job that was underpaid. I was asked to stay permanently on this job but it's like being invited to board a sinking ship. I haven't found anything else because of limitations from health problems (No health insurance of course.) and lack of skills. Manpower is the worst of this slave industry called Temping. Hold out for a real job, if you can find one.

My experience working for manpower was even worse at christmas time. I was given a manpower travel mug full of hershey kisses worth maybe a whole dollar. Its better to give nothing than insult people. "its the thought that counts" does not apply when its an employee christmas gift.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

Grace in New Britain, Connecticut

75 months ago

If you don't like working for Manpower then don't. There are plenty (LOTS) of other extremely eager qualified candidates willing to take your place. Manpower offered me benefits, paid holidays, paid vacations, and I'm in the Circle of Excellence. On the same job for 4 years now, and I don't want to leave Manpower's payroll to work for the company. I love dealing with the girls in the office - highly professional, knowledgeable about their industry and always looking to replace negative people like you. The thing you are missing is there are different levels of the gift certificates. The first one is the lowest but it goes up each time you receive the award, and they base whether or not you receive it by the evaluation your on-the-job supervisor gives you. So if you suck at what you do, don't expect too much. (And like I said, leave.) I know lots of people who will LOVE to take your places. Times are tough right now, you should be thankful you are even working. I guess some people are never happy no matter what, and they get their thrills on complaining. JUST QUIT and make your life easier. And mine. I'm sick of complainers. Life is too short.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (35) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Thank you for the solid advice of “just quit”. I'm sure that’s what workers were told when they tried rallying for safe work conditions, fair wages and reasonable work hours. Thankfully, they didn't take it.
Manpower should be used as it was designed - a TEMPORARY placement service. They should not be involved with long-term assignments unless they are prepared to offer stability and benefits under the same regulations as the company they are staffing for.
www.cbc.ca/toronto/features/unequal/problem.html
While your position of "thankful you are even working" isn't unreasonable, it leads me to believe that you don't have much ambition. Working is relatively easy - establishing a career takes a bit more focus on personal contribution to become an integral team member. I had hoped to get more support from Manpower but moved upward on my own when it was less than forthcoming.
No one who “suck(s) at what you do” should expect to be rewarded with anything, but those who truly do excel deserve to be recognized and pointed toward continued success.
Had I only been placated as easily by the repeated 'Circle of Excellence' awards...
If you have a problem with a forum designed to promote discussion and guard against abuse, you have the choice not to become engaged.
Lastly, perhaps in the future, when praising co-workers for their professionalism and proficiency, you might refrain from calling them “girls”. Just a suggestion if you'd ever want to separate yourself from the 'widget workers' happy just to have a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

While your position of "thankful you are even working" isn't unreasonable, it leads me to believe that you don't have much ambition. Working is relatively easy - establishing a career takes a bit more focus on personal contribution to become an integral team member. I had hoped to get more support from Manpower but moved upward on my own when it was less than forthcoming.
No one who "suck(s) at what you do" should expect to be rewarded with anything, but those who truly do excel deserve to be recognized and pointed toward continued success.
Had I only been placated as easily by the repeated 'Circle of Excellence' awards...
If you have a problem with a forum designed to promote discussion and guard against abuse, you have the choice not to become engaged.
Lastly, perhaps in the future, when praising co-workers for their professionalism and proficiency, you might refrain from calling them "girls". Just a suggestion if you'd even want to separate yourself from the 'widget workers'.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Me in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: Why do you not have health insurance? Manpower offers it to temporary and permanent employees

Would you care to explain the whole truth behind manpowers benefits without omitting or embellishing the facts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

DMW in Chicago, Illinois

73 months ago

Galylord Finkkles in Rockford, Illinois said: Yes It is trueabout Manpower. As a former enployee there for 2 years. Manpower dose not care about there contract workers. There loyalty is to there contract companies and if the means streaching the truth about a job. its all good example saying a job it temp to hire when you now it only for a week or so.

When you worked at Manpower in Illinois, did you get vacation pay? Were you subjected to the policy that you must work 1800 hours in the calendar year to be eligible? If so, I'd like to talk to you. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Manpower Staffer in Chicago, Illinois

72 months ago

I work for Manpower, That’s right I am a staffing specialist. The same Staffing specialist you guys said we steal money from you!

Why would we steal money from you? It is not that it is our company and the money goes straight to our pockets? (I wish) The fact is that if you’re not working we don’t make money that is as simple as it is.

I read all of this comments and most of them are extremely funny from the guy who was ask to join the company he worked for because of a well job done he did and didn’t because and I quote “it's like being invited to board a sinking ship” and then complains that Manpower has not given him anymore jobs?

Why should we? You had a chance to work for a company and you turn it down? The fact that you don’t have health insurance is not of our concerned. It was your choice to not take the job that is the consequences of your decision. Did you not stop and said “ If I do not take this job I might loose my insurance”, and if you can not afford your insurance then do not cry because you are not the only one in this world that has that issue. Also the fact that you got $15.00 (yes $15.00) is because if that was the first time you were a Circle of Excellence that is the total amount we are allowed to give you. Read that the last part of the sentence again, as a matter of fact let me write it again “ The total amount we are allowed to give you”. If we wanted to give you more we would be shut down by our supervisors and/ or corporate, and we do not need to give you anything. Be grateful that you got something, yeah doesn’t seem like much but when a company has anywhere from 100 employee to 1000 employees and half that are being given $15.00 (yes $15.00) it adds up. What should we have given you??? A house, a car and nice $60,000 every year to just sit at home? Please!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (33) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

I do believe they are people out there (staffers) that lie to you and do not care about you but not all of us are liars. If we do not have the job how can we place you to work? Why so you all can go and collect unemployment while you wait for our call, and put this economy worst than it is?

To the person that says and I quote “what does Janet Jackson ask---what have you done for me lately…they haven't done anything for me lately.”

Here what we ask you, What HAVE YOU done for yourself lately???

To the person that says and I quote “The few, the pretty, the brainwashed!”

Why is this person brainwashed???? Because he/she is in that 5 % of people that are hard workers, or is it because she is very grateful of what she gets from us? What is it?

To BG in New Tripoli

I am very sorry for your experience as I said before some Manpower staffers do lie to you and do not care. There are lot of people like you that have a good background (if you do, you didn’t mention it) and have very good work experience, that left the world of work for college that will give you a better future, but for one particular experience that one dumb person did should not punish the whole Company. Try it again and if it happens again then you are more than welcome to walk away forever!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

About the holiday pay and vacation pay.

If you have worked 1200 hours a year you will get holiday pay (I agree it should start with 0 hours worked) but I can see the company point of view. Why would be give you holiday pay if your not working? And the holiday pay you get it is the same as the Manpower internal employees get (Veterans day, independence day, Memorial day, Thanksgiving and Christmas) we have to work all the other days, for some of you that didn’t quite understand that it means that we all have to be here the next day it doesn’t matter if it lands on a Friday.

If you have worked 1500 hours (previously 1800) you will get vacation, Since we can not give you days off because you are working in our clients facilities you get 40 hours of your average pay as a CHECK when you get that money and do whatever you want with it! You can get this pay vacation three times in a year! I do not want to hear that is all you get!! Like Mr. $15.00(yes $15.00)

Thank you Grace in New Britain.

MY POINT EXACTLY.

There are many qualified candidates out there that we can actually spend time with, than all of you lazy bumps!

If you have read this you had seen that there has been no cursing involved, as your right you can reply to this but keep it nice!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Still, anyone who receives a 15 dollar bonus should feel insulted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Grace in Cromwell, Connecticut

72 months ago

15 dollar bonus is better than no bonus. It's more than you'd get through another agency. Think of it like a free lunch...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

nomodenial in Colorado Springs, Colorado

65 months ago

Manpower Staffer in Chicago, Illinois said: About the holiday pay and vacation pay.

If you have worked 1200 hours a year you will get holiday pay (I agree it should start with 0 hours worked) but I can see the company point of view. Why would be give you holiday pay if your not working? And the holiday pay you get it is the same as the Manpower internal employees get (Veterans day, independence day, Memorial day, Thanksgiving and Christmas) we have to work all the other days, for some of you that didn’t quite understand that it means that we all have to be here the next day it doesn’t matter if it lands on a Friday.

If you have worked 1500 hours (previously 1800) you will get vacation, Since we can not give you days off because you are working in our clients facilities you get 40 hours of your average pay as a CHECK when you get that money and do whatever you want with it! You can get this pay vacation three times in a year! I do not want to hear that is all you get!! Like Mr. $15.00(yes $15.00)

Thank you Grace in New Britain.

MY POINT EXACTLY.

There are many qualified candidates out there that we can actually spend time with, than all of you lazy bumps!

If you have read this you had seen that there has been no cursing involved, as your right you can reply to this but keep it nice!

I would agree that you should keep it nice when replying- particularly when you represent the company. You refer to "lazy bumps". Shockingly unprofessional. There are multiple grammar and spelling errors here- I would suggest that you take a business writing class, and while you are at it, I would suggest a customer service course. When you are representing a large firm, it pays to put your best foot forward and not go down to the gutter when responding on their behalf.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nomodenial in Colorado Springs, Colorado

65 months ago

Manpower Staffer in Chicago, Illinois said: About the “low paying jobs that Manpower has’
The Client itself does most of our rates. We could ask for you to get pay $18 an hour and if they do not want that we can’t pay you that! Don’t be a fool and critique the pay rates. In fact 95% of you don’t even have experience or you are always jumping from one job to another! The other 5% are very hard workers that in fact cannot get a good job. You also need to know your market, if your living on a place that the average pay is $9 an hour do not be asking for $15-$20. Grated some of you do deserve to get pay that much, you will never get it in that kind of market! Move!!

Going back to the inexperience and uneducated people out there thinking they deserve $15-$20 an hour and free Health insurance. It wont happen, working on any fast food restaurant for years does not give you the experience to work in a secretary position making that much! I bet most of you don’t even know what a resume is and some of you do, but do not do anything to find out how to make one! And please when you do make one (if you do) take 15 minutes and read it. You will be surprise how many words you misspell.

Now that I am in the subject of not doing anything to find out …
Manpower and other staffing agencies are NOT you own personal Agents!! If you do not look for jobs yourself why should we? So we have 100 or more people that we HAVE to (according to you all) look for a job while you are at home laying down and waiting for the manpower call because “THEY ARE OUT THERE LOOKING FOR A JOB FOR ME”, Stand up and search yourself. That could be a very good reason of why you are still unemployed.

Another shocking example of unprofessionalism from Manpower. The spelling here is atrocious and the grammar is even worse. Worse still, the tone is combative and gives the impression that that the culture at Manpower is to not care about your employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Foundone in Bentonville, Arkansas

58 months ago

You can't be serious. It's because he or she can't possibly afford it based on what Manpower pays. You make so much less with this company being a middle-man between you and another employer. They make a great profit off of their "employees", and don't do much more than black out your contact information on your resume. They wouldn't want a company to be able to contact you directly. How else would they make all that money they're pulling in?

It's no wonder they're such a successful company. They're great at doing what they do, which is take advantage of individuals who are looking for work. There are so many people who are feeling desperate right now, and Manpower is ready to profit off of that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Foundone in Bentonville, Arkansas

58 months ago

I didn't realize that Manpower Inc. had so many complaints against them. It would have been nice to know these issues back when I worked for them. I couldn't find much anything negative on them back then, so I thought they must be a great company. I had to learn the hard way. More and more people must be getting let down by them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

ELSIE GANZON in Culbertson, Nebraska

54 months ago

- - -

THIS IS PATHETIC! Manpower has the audacity to post and I quote: "a world leader in the employment services industry, offering employers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment; employee assessment ..." but yet Manpower has yet to back up their claims.

Manpower hired a mouthpiece DJ known as quote "ANT" who poste that quote I was fired from Manpower and yet when I told him publish he record he could not do so.

If you must know the truth about "ANT", Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, a/k/a Anthony (DJ BIG ANT). 34 / Male; PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania, US
WANNA-B ....DJ whale blubber jaw jacking reject, a/k/a MANPOWER damage control wanna-b mouth piece ...
Seriously, you didn't think for a moment you would get away with fraudulent posts?
Whale blubber I waited for you to post accurate statements showing facts, showing records where in fact MANPOWER either fired myself
or even you FAILED to do so, you're a failure you're a fraud whale blubber.

FACTs not FICTION, "ANT" you're a paid LIAR, POST FACTs not your blubbering
renditions of it. You are a blubbering idiot like Rush Limp Balls, oh my, did I spail wrong, duh, whale blubber!

"ANT" just FACTs, The male chromosome is an incomplete female chromosome.
In other words the male is a walking abortion; aborted at the gene stage.
To be male is to be deficient,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

I wish a walkout could be organized so that every temp or contractor from from every major temp agencyin the United States at every company in the United States would participate. I have been working for a large contract agency, at a large company for 4 years. I've finally seen the light and realize it's a dead end. They have given me almost nothing in total compensation increase, and I feel I am nothing to them.

I am now searching for a new job so that I can give them a nice little gift: a 2-week notice, although I plan to never, ever have to take a temp position again. In fact, I will not. ever. and I look forward to being able to wash myself clean of the abuse I've taken these last years - both from them and from the pricks at the client company.

This is the absolute worst industry in the United States. True, it is good for big business but really terrible for people who want to build their career (unless they get taken on by the company they are at, which is almost impossible).

If and when I am in a position of power, I do not care how much money I will save a company, I will not EVER use a contract agency to staff my company; I will direct hire.

- - -

AMEN ! Thank you for an honest post. Manpower is nothing but FRAUD and FAKE. They bill CLIENT companies $27 plus, and pay applicants $7.00 per hr.

Please apply for FEDERAL JOBS at USAJOBS.com these are federal positions.

Agencies such as Manpower are just users.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

- - -

AMEN! Thank you for the honest post here! Manpower hired a fake mouth piece DJ from Philaelphia, Pennsylvania known as ANT here is the truth about ANT, he poste that quote I was fired from Manpower, I knew he was a FAKE If you must know the truth about "ANT", Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, a/k/a Anthony (DJ BIG ANT). 34 / Male; PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania, US
WANNA-B ....DJ whale blubber jaw jacking reject, a/k/a MANPOWER damage control wanna-b mouth piece ...
Seriously, you didn't think for a moment you would get away with fraudulent posts?
Whale blubber I waited for you to post accurate statements showing facts, showing records where in fact MANPOWER either fired myself
or even you FAILED to do so, you're a failure you're a fraud whale blubber.

FACTs not FICTION, "ANT" you're a paid LIAR, POST FACTs not your blubbering
renditions of it. You are a blubbering idiot like Rush Limp Balls, oh my, did I spail wrong, duh, whale blubber!

"ANT" just FACTs, The male chromosome is an incomplete female chromosome.
In other words the male is a walking abortion; aborted at the gene stage.
To be male is to be deficient, emotionally limited; maleness is a deficiency disease
and males are emotional cripples.

Some people graduated from kindergarten you're still working on it.

Posted by the REAL Elsie Ganzon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Deer Park, Texas

50 months ago

Absolutely DO NOT sign up for FSA benefits. If you don't use it while you are working for them, you will not be reimbursed for medical expenses from this account. They KEEP the money that was withheld from your paycheck!! Supposed to have until the end of the "plan year" but they have found some way around the law.

Also know that you will not be paid for holidays unless you work them, even if the company you are temping for "gives" you the holiday.

Watch your back with these guys. But at least you might have some income for a while....

Big mistake Never Again in Chicago, Illinois

48 months ago

ELSIE GANZON in Culbertson, Nebraska said: - - -

AMEN ! Thank you for an honest post. Manpower is nothing but FRAUD and FAKE. They bill CLIENT companies $27 plus, and pay applicants $7.00 per hr.

Please apply for FEDERAL JOBS at USAJOBS.com these are federal positions.

Agencies such as Manpower are just users.

This statement is 100% CORRECT!
Anyone this has a complaint, please write my E-mail address to tell the story. You don't have to give your name and can use a Hotmail account. I am putting a list together with all the stories about the public that had problems with Manpower staffing. This file will go directly to the CEO of the company.
I may start writing a complaint posting myself in the near future with my disappointments. E-mail manpowercomplaints@hotmail.com
Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Big mistake Never Again in Chicago, Illinois

47 months ago

Galylord Finkkles in Rockford, Illinois said: Yes It is trueabout Manpower. As a former enployee there for 2 years. Manpower dose not care about there contract workers. There loyalty is to there contract companies and if the means streaching the truth about a job. its all good example saying a job it temp to hire when you now it only for a week or so.

Yes, you're right. I had the same statement said to me when I took a 90-day temp to hire full time position. Of course that wasn't the case it went on and on. After 9 months I asked to be re-assigned to anything available and was told I couldn't leave.
I had a DEAD-END job with no future. I found other surprises as I did some research. More on this on another reply. If anyone feels that they have been mistreated by Manpower, please write to manpowercomplaints@hotmail.com. I have a file started that will go directly to the CEO for corrections to be made at corp.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michana in Cleveland, Ohio

47 months ago

You are all wasting your time and loosing your career, avoid manpower and the rest of its subsidaries like jefferson wells. Very poor work environment, unskilled staffer/employees, very bad corporate culture, no career planning and when you try to set yourself up on permenant job you'll be shocked of how employers look to ex manpower temp staff or professionals as they call them !!
manpower = career failure

Candice in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

47 months ago

In the 90's I had always counted on Manpower to find positions for me, but I can't say that that is true presently. Maybe that was the beginning of problems for this company, because I had problems getting my first check for my job I had completed. I tried to cash my check at a bank, and they couldn't cash the check. The representative at Manpower told me that there were those people who wanted to "work the system."
In 2000 I began a job and didn't get the first paycheck. I wasn't able to get up from my call center job unless is was a break or lunch, and I was afraid I wouldn't continue in the job if I went to see about my check. When I got home I called and left messages with Manpower, with the on-site rep with Manpower, my supervisor at the company and her managers about my check. I did not get a call back the next work day about this problem. I finally went to the Manpower office where they hired me, and they said I wasn't even on the list or they had lost my paperwork. They finally had to Western Union my money on the second paycheck period.
In 2008 I went to the local office again looking for work, went inside the local office and was told they didn't have work for me. When I called the local office again to see if they had gotten any work for me, they said I needed to fill out the skills assessment and resume information on their site again for the 3rd time. I e-mailed my resume over and never got a call back up until this date in 2011.
I have over 20 years office experience and 10 years call center experience.
In Spring 2010 my daughter, who is a college graduate, went there to drop off her resume, and the reps just stared at her and didn't open the locked door for her at 11 a.m. She had also applied in another city and left her resume and the rep said they didn't have any work and was never contacted by the rep.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tina1963 in Arcadia, Wisconsin

46 months ago

My brother just got released from Cummings Mufflers he was a welder there ..Manpower ..states that they do not know why he was released only that they do not have any openings at this time ...???....But i have looked in all the local papers and Who's there?...Manpower asking for fresh hires...also in some of the other Temp sites ..My brother worked for them 9 months steady (never late for work ) and did as he was told ..Cummings kept the golden carrot dangling before his eyes ...Rumors(We are opening up a new line in spring and you may be one of the people we hire full time) with benefits!..Needless to say there is a strong turnover rate there,.I think its a Scam Between manpower and the companies who hire them ...There should be a limit To the amount of time That manpower can have you on their rolls ...either hire or fire ....In a reasonable amount of time ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tina1963 in Arcadia, Wisconsin

46 months ago

Grace in New Britain, Connecticut said: If you don't like working for Manpower then don't. There are plenty (LOTS) of other extremely eager qualified candidates willing to take your place. Manpower offered me benefits, paid holidays, paid vacations, and I'm in the Circle of Excellence. On the same job for 4 years now, and I don't want to leave Manpower's payroll to work for the company. I love dealing with the girls in the office - highly professional, knowledgeable about their industry and always looking to replace negative people like you. The thing you are missing is there are different levels of the gift certificates. The first one is the lowest but it goes up each time you receive the award, and they base whether or not you receive it by the evaluation your on-the-job supervisor gives you. So if you suck at what you do, don't expect too much. (And like I said, leave.) I know lots of people who will LOVE to take your places. Times are tough right now, you should be thankful you are even working. I guess some people are never happy no matter what, and they get their thrills on complaining. JUST QUIT and make your life easier. And mine. I'm sick of complainers. Life is too short.

Wow i wonder how long you have been in the workforce?...and what types of jobs you do?....working 4 years without benefits ..You must be getting them from your husbands insurance plan or worse ..from state aid...When you take an entry level job from manpower you get no benefits until after one year tenure Sadly manpower releases most of their employees just short of that year(proven track record Read Blogs)....You said "Quit and make your life easier"..Hmm quitting =no paycheck =No food and= no rent ..all basic necessities that you seem to have covered So Tell me who would like to take my place now ?send them over to ..Cummings in arcadia wisconsin...See how long they last?....9 months is the longest (just short of the benefit package time allotment)...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Charger440 in Saint Louis, Missouri

46 months ago

Grace in New Britain, Connecticut said: If you don't like working for Manpower then don't. There are plenty (LOTS) of other extremely eager qualified candidates willing to take your place. Manpower offered me benefits, paid holidays, paid vacations, and I'm in the Circle of Excellence. On the same job for 4 years now, and I don't want to leave Manpower's payroll to work for the company.

Your one of the lucky ones so you should be happy to be working. Like I said in another post I had a decent job with them then I got sick and was put on antibiotics but mainly Hydrocodone. I took a total of two days off and was replaced. I have not heard ANYTHING from them since. By the way this was a driving job, it is not safe, let alone legal for me to drive while taking hydrocodone. Simple fact of the matter is I was sick and legally could not drive. I had prescriptions and a doctors note. Probably could have gotten my doctor to call them himself and they still treated me like a leper. I wish they would send me more work but the truth is I am on their sh$t list because I was sick and was unable to legally or safely do the job. The office I did work out of was Hannibal, MO. If you have good "ladies" in your office great but no matter how you loo at it I got shafted and I hope this don't happen to other people but I know it does. Especially in today's job market where employers can do what ever they want.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

ja5366 in Oralton, Pennsylvania

44 months ago

Horrible Experience with Manpower in parsipanny new jersey office.
First of all no one at this office ever picks up the phone --- it is on
constant voicemail. Obviously, they pick and choose what phone calls they want to answer. Secondly, I went on an interview at JP Morgan Chase and the recruiter AT MANPOWER emails me and tells me the Manager was very interested in me and was going to make an offer to me the next day. But you see, he the recruter at Manpower wanted it in writing. The next day came and went and I receive a second email saying everything was ready - that the item in writing was ready to be reviewed. The next day I called to see what was up --- I got no response, I send emails no response, I sent second emails no response, I called the recruiter no response. I called the Manpower office and as stated earlier the office never picks up the phone. In a nutshell, I was treated like a
CRAP --- IF YOU WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE CRAP GO TO A MANPOWER OFFICE. I WASTED
MY TIME AND MONEY TAKING OFF OF WORK FOR THE INTERVIEW FOR NOTHING. AT LEAST HAVE THE NERVE TO ANSWER MY EMAILS OR CONTACT ME TO TELL ME THE THING FELL THRU OR I DID NOT GET THE JOB, BUT DONT BLINDLY IGNORE MY PHONE CALLS AND EMAILS LIKE I WAS A PIECE OF CRAP. TO ME MANPOWER WILL ALWAYS BE CRAPPOWER.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

needanjob in Saint Louis, Missouri

40 months ago

think $15 is an insult? think again. 1 year the temp service, can't remember the name, gave out BUBBLEGUM CATERPILLARS as an bonus for working for them. HOLY FRICKING COW!

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.