Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Marsh & McLennan Companies?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Brenda in Borden, Indiana

89 months ago

Any advice on my interview for the Helpdesk position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Gen Y

88 months ago

Mercer does behavior interviews but miss the opportunity to bring season skilled talents to their Houston office to help solve their clients problems.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gary in Urbandale, Iowa

88 months ago

Marsh West Des Moines is a horrible place to work, keep on looking!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

HR Des Moines, IA

88 months ago

Gary in Urbandale, Iowa said: Marsh West Des Moines is a horrible place to work, keep on looking!!!

Agree if your looking for an HR position. Alway's looking, but never a call or a return call for an interview. At least in West Des Moines, IA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

JobHunter in Winfield, Illinois

85 months ago

All behavioral interviews, 4 people asking the same question different ways.

Got dressed up, was told I did "great" on the interviews, had all qualifications and was informed that all candidates would know within two weeks their status. That was two months ago. BTW, the Manager of Training job has been posted three separate times.

IMHO, any company that solicits an interview should at least reply w/a rejection email. C'mon...how hard is it? Rude.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

Houston Professional

84 months ago

JobHunter in Winfield, Illinois said: All behavioral interviews, 4 people asking the same question different ways.

Got dressed up, was told I did "great" on the interviews, had all qualifications and was informed that all candidates would know within two weeks their status. That was two months ago. BTW, the Manager of Training job has been posted three separate times.

IMHO, any company that solicits an interview should at least reply w/a rejection email. C'mon...how hard is it? Rude.

I had an interview with Mercer in Houston. I had the experience, education, and was a perfect match for the position. During the interview the supervisor and two team leaders were clueless, very young and inexperience, could not clearly define what they needed and wanted for the position. The talent is in the market pool but when you deal with such incompetent people; they keep the experience professional out so that their lack of skills can remain a secret. The same positions are constantly posted. They were not comfortable with an older workers. So don't fell bad it may be a blessing in disguise not to work for Mercer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jack Hoff in Burlington, Connecticut

84 months ago

They waste your time and think that they are the only employer around.........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bumblebear in Oak Park, Illinois

84 months ago

They've been looking for a Midwest Zone Proposal Strategist for MONTHS because they want someone with experience who's willing to work for next to nothing. Good riddance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Insurance Professional in Madison, Wisconsin

84 months ago

This firm is in serious trouble, high turnover, internal conflict between the leadership in NY, very poor morale internally, questionable regional leadership. I wish them well, but it will be a very long raod back to the glory years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No Reply - Report abuse

kapusta in Tampa, Florida

52 months ago

I see a posting for a Client Representative in National Brokerage in Tampa, Florida.

Any comments by any Tampa people?
any comments by any Marsh people at all?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mister_J in San Jose, California

51 months ago

The firm is no longer in serious trouble, in fact they are doing very well with new leadership. HOWEVER, they are very cheap and do not promote or give any compensation for a job well done. Very political environment. I'm not just complaining about me, out of hundreds of employees in my region they only promoted about 20 this last year, and def. not the most deserving. They talk a lot of game but never back it up. Everyone here counts down the hours until closing time and are always looking forward to going home on Friday...not a good indication of morale!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.