Massage Envy is a horrible company

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 57 of 57)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

meditation guru in Minneapolis, Minnesota

4 months ago

I have worked for ME for two years after working at other clinics. This company treats therapists like crap and the party is horrible. In other to make any money you have to work over 35 hours a week found massage with no time in between clients to take care of yourself. Management is a joke and the owners claim to care for the therapists but bottom line, they don't. It is about money, money, money. Other private clinics either have to reduce the cost of massage to compete with ME or close. Clients get ripped off and are basically led to when trying to sign up for memberships. I wasn't too start my own business but their non compete is ridiculous. I do have a faithful clientele base but as good therapists leave the clients cancel their membership. Their career ads are bogus as there is no way in hell you can make the claimed $30,000-40,000 per year without burning out and running the risk of injury, which had more happened to me. Therapists need to unite and either force ME to change their practices or just close. ME sucks!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LMT in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

2 months ago

As a LMT you can't allow yourself to be governed by someone else's business model. Massage Envy's or anyone else's. You are a therapist and, must adhere to a code of ethical conduct, which doesn't allow you to function in the role of a salesperson and, push memberships on an unsuspecting public. There's a word for that. It's called being a 'shill'.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LMT in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

2 months ago

Toward the end of massage school I interned with a chiropractor. When I finished school, I worked for that same chiropractor for over a year and, I can only say that the 2000 hours of experience was very valuable.The'marketing' and use of promotions like 'Groupon' and Living Social', to "Get people in the door" as the doctor said was something that I just couldn't stomach though. I'd be very reluctant to use the title 'doctor' when speaking of anyone involved in the operation of a 'clinic' such as his. As far as I observed he operated as more of a 'pitchman' than anything else. Such is the case with Massage Envy. To the buisnessman, advancing your position requires taking advantage of others. To the therapist, the ethical demands placed on you by your profession can't allow that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LittleMrsAubrey in Torrance, California

2 months ago

Do you happen to know how I can get ownership information for a specific location? I have had SEVERAL TERRIBLE experiences with front desk, management and charges and Management is doing nothing. I am a client, by the way.

LMT in Naples, Florida

1 month ago

I read and heard of mixed reviews with ME, so I had to experience it first to get a feel of all this bad rep. I applied and was hired with the $15 per massage plus (tips). My focus at the time( about 4 months post school) was to get a taste of how the spa functioned. If you are good Therapist like myself and consider working at any ME be prepared for the work load with little pay and barely a break!! Some members appreciate your work and leave a decent tip but overall members of ME are cheap!!! Some will give $10 for 90mins of deep tissue which is very insulting for all the work you are doing. These members don't understand the fact that therapist do need the tips.( my guess is your reason of going to ME is because you are cheap in the first place, right?)
My experience working at ME was Ok! I loved my job, not ME. Some members were great and some weren't also I did not agree with the way the spa functioned both front and back. Bottom line, I had to quit to save myself from being overworked and secondly my skills was no match for this kind of place!

To member or non- member treat your therapist with respect, if you are unhappy with the therapist skills save your money and find a good therapist who will meet your needs! Because at the end of the day you do pay just as much as as any other massage spa but without Specialized quality services.

Jeff in Denver, Colorado

27 days ago

Gray Neher in Castle Pines, Colorado said: Bad advice Dave. At my clinics if a client mistreats a therapist they are never scheduled with them again. If they do mistreat another therapist they are asked not to come back. Fact.

In our clinic we have a member who is sexually stalking one of our therapists. The therapist has reported this on numerous occasions and the desk continues to schedule the client with that therapist over and over again.

There are so many problems with this one envy. I always hope it's because they hire people who are young and have no idea about laws of any kind. I was fired yesterday because I wanted a break. I was forced to work 6 1/2 hours straight without any break or meal. This is a long standing problem and no one seems to care. A therapist is allergic to prosage and is forced to use it anyway. And the sad part is massage therapists are the kindest people I have ever met. we work hard and love helping and do a great job.

Kim in Glendora, California

1 day ago

I used to work for the Massage Envy in Diamond Bar, Ca. Now, those same owners are opening a new location in West Covina. These owners, Ralph and Lee, are lying, greedy, and two of the most selfish people I've ever met. They refuse to hire an actual in-house HR representative. Instead, they have an unqualified person at the front desk handle the write-ups for all of the employees, neither owners, nor "management" understands the concept of conducting a proper investigation regarding any complaints or concerns. I was called in to the office and asked to sign a write-up for something I didnt do, I flatly refused to sign. Three months later, I was fired for "Too many incidents" and was handed my last paycheck and was told to leave the premises. These same owners are now appealing my unemployment benefits, stating that I "Quit" my job...Really?? I have so much paperwork sitting in from of me that proves i did NOT quit..they are trashy people attempting to save some money. Little do they know that I keep in contact with many employees from the Diamond Bar location who are now VERY aware of the type of people they WORK HARD for every single day!! They will lose in court and have lost the respect of their "TEAM DB" I hope it was all worth it to them!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.