calvinharrison

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

L. Carlson in Walnut Creek, California

90 months ago

Explotation is a terrible thing. There are already owners of Day Spas and chiropracters taking advantage of massage therapist's just starting out after graduating. Every decent paying job w/ benefits wants 3-5 years experiance. What happens to a new therapist who is over worked and under payed is we work more hours to make ends meet. Not being able to afford a massage for ourselfs. The results are injuries and even more common is burnout(mental and physical). I would like to know who the person is that came up w/ this idea to open hundreds of massage places all over the U.S. It takes a lot of money to accomplish such an undertaking of such magnatude. There is most certainly a need for affordable massage, but these people don't care about helping other human beings they see a way to make a lot of money using and exploting new therapist. The schools are turning them out at an amazing rate w/ the promise that massage therapist are in high demand. We need to take a stand and stop this immediatly before it goes any further. If they could I'm sure they would explot third world countries using them as there slave labor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

elsewhere in Burbank, California

86 months ago

I think a lot of people agree with you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

fed up in Wilmette, Illinois

86 months ago

L. Carlson in Walnut Creek, California said: Explotation is a terrible thing. There are already owners of Day Spas and chiropracters taking advantage of massage therapist's just starting out after graduating. Every decent paying job w/ benefits wants 3-5 years experiance. What happens to a new therapist who is over worked and under payed is we work more hours to make ends meet. Not being able to afford a massage for ourselfs. The results are injuries and even more common is burnout(mental and physical). I would like to know who the person is that came up w/ this idea to open hundreds of massage places all over the U.S. It takes a lot of money to accomplish such an undertaking of such magnatude. There is most certainly a need for affordable massage, but these people don't care about helping other human beings they see a way to make a lot of money using and exploting new therapist. The schools are turning them out at an amazing rate w/ the promise that massage therapist are in high demand. We need to take a stand and stop this immediatly before it goes any further. If they could I'm sure they would explot third world countries using them as there slave labor.

This is good insight!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gray Neher in Castle Pines, Colorado

80 months ago

L. Carlson in Walnut Creek, California said: Explotation is a terrible thing. There are already owners of Day Spas and chiropracters taking advantage of massage therapist's just starting out after graduating. Every decent paying job w/ benefits wants 3-5 years experiance. What happens to a new therapist who is over worked and under payed is we work more hours to make ends meet. Not being able to afford a massage for ourselfs. The results are injuries and even more common is burnout(mental and physical). I would like to know who the person is that came up w/ this idea to open hundreds of massage places all over the U.S. It takes a lot of money to accomplish such an undertaking of such magnatude. There is most certainly a need for affordable massage, but these people don't care about helping other human beings they see a way to make a lot of money using and exploting new therapist. The schools are turning them out at an amazing rate w/ the promise that massage therapist are in high demand. We need to take a stand and stop this immediatly before it goes any further. If they could I'm sure they would explot third world countries using them as there slave labor.

I own three clinics. Don't tell me I "don't care about other human beings" You don't know me, you don't know my clinics.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Fed Up in Wilmette, Illinois

80 months ago

Gray Neher in Castle Pines, Colorado said: I own three clinics. Don't tell me I "don't care about other human beings" You don't know me, you don't know my clinics.

Dear Gray,

I just saw something online about John Leonesio having just purchased a $5,000,000 house in Arizona. I'm an entrepreneur, an unapoligetic capitalist and I have done very well in this industry. Just as importantly the people who work for me do very well also. I would feel like a thief if my people weren't making a decnet wage as I grew more and more successful. How can John buy this huge expensive house and feel good about the FACT that the system he set is so poorly compensating the very people who enabled him to buy his house???

This is so absurd in my view. The middle class in this country is rapidly shrinking, as any ameteur economist can see. I hate the fact that many of the rich in this country are just plain abusive to their people. The future of this country is really at risk of ruin because of this kind of greed based mindset.

You can claim what a great guy you are all day long, but the Fact of the matter is, you're part of the problem!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Gray Neher in Castle Pines, Colorado

80 months ago

Fed Up in Wilmette, Illinois said: Dear Gray,

I just saw something online about John Leonesio having just purchased a $5,000,000 house in Arizona. I'm an entrepreneur, an unapoligetic capitalist and I have done very well in this industry. Just as importantly the people who work for me do very well also. I would feel like a thief if my people weren't making a decnet wage as I grew more and more successful. How can John buy this huge expensive house and feel good about the FACT that the system he set is so poorly compensating the very people who enabled him to buy his house???

This is so absurd in my view. The middle class in this country is rapidly shrinking, as any ameteur economist can see. I hate the fact that many of the rich in this country are just plain abusive to their people. The future of this country is really at risk of ruin because of this kind of greed based mindset.

You can claim what a great guy you are all day long, but the Fact of the matter is, you're part of the problem!

Actually John started, developed and sold two different health club concepts before he started Massage Envy. I don't claim to be a great guy - show me the post where I said that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

lmtwondering in Jacksonville, Illinois

78 months ago

John Leonesio,
There are many different sites on massage envy treating their employees well. What I dont understand is how one massage envy can offer such different pay and benefits, if any, than another. Please tell me how one massage envy can have health insurance and another one down the street can pay less and give less pay.
thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Gray Neher in Castle Pines, Colorado said: I own three clinics. Don't tell me I "don't care about other human beings" You don't know me, you don't know my clinics.[/QUOTE

We Dont.
Your right.
So, can you explain to me why one massage envy can treat their employees well with pay and another massage envy just says sorry its the franchise that controlls our pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kenneth jones in Denver, Colorado

77 months ago

Why do you have a problem with somebody purchasing a 5million dollar home if you are such the capitalist. wa wa wa is all i hear from those who wish they could buy a 5 million dollar home. maybe if you spent more time working on your own finances instead of yapping about others you too could buy a 5 million dollar home. The people on top get all the chips in every industry. Allways has been that way and allways will be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

does anyone know anything about this meeting that massage envy is haveing in arizona I believe early august or july. They are haveing one rep therapist and owners from each region go... does anyone know what this is all about???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.