commodities

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

? in Miami, Florida

88 months ago

from my experience and perception each experience as a guest and employee at m.e. depends on the individual owners and one's attitude. as a therapist interested in energy work and spiritual healing i like the idea of providing therapy to more people at affordable prices, but what i dont like so much is the feeling that owner's and corporate themselves as business people are using the intention of recommending frequent massages to the guest not so much for the benefit and well being of the client but more to sell memberships and make money. i feel a little uncomfortable working for a company that after i give a massage "aggressively pushes" (the term used by some franchise owners) to try to sell memberships even after the client has declined interest. it feels contradicting to the relaxing experience, being faced with sales people in a place that is supposed to be peaceful..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

LMT Susan in TN

88 months ago

? in Miami, Florida said: from my experience and perception each experience as a guest and employee at m.e. depends on the individual owners and one's attitude. as a therapist interested in energy work and spiritual healing i like the idea of providing therapy to more people at affordable prices, but what i dont like so much is the feeling that owner's and corporate themselves as business people are using the intention of recommending frequent massages to the guest not so much for the benefit and well being of the client but more to sell memberships and make money. i feel a little uncomfortable working for a company that after i give a massage "aggressively pushes" (the term used by some franchise owners) to try to sell memberships even after the client has declined interest. it feels contradicting to the relaxing experience, being faced with sales people in a place that is supposed to be peaceful..

I have never seen any of the sales associates up front do more than explain the membership to people, at my ME. I am sorry that this happens at some locations, it can give us a bad rep.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

groovydude

82 months ago

My wife worked at massage envy. She went from therapist to lead therapist to asst manager then got demoted back to therapist. After she blew the lid off about how some therapist worked all day for 1-2 appts while others had more. (keep in mind therapist are only paid while working with clients) she became no longer a model employee and was fired. A week before she was let go she was sat down and told by the owners that they appreciated her work ethic and value her as an employee. (Wtf)I understand that each one is different but I really question if this chain cares about the clients well being or if they are just out for the buck. I would never suggest working for massage envy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Fed Up in Wilmette, Illinois

82 months ago

groovydude said: My wife worked at massage envy. She went from therapist to lead therapist to asst manager then got demoted back to therapist. After she blew the lid off about how some therapist worked all day for 1-2 appts while others had more. (keep in mind therapist are only paid while working with clients) she became no longer a model employee and was fired. A week before she was let go she was sat down and told by the owners that they appreciated her work ethic and value her as an employee. (Wtf)I understand that each one is different but I really question if this chain cares about the clients well being or if they are just out for the buck. I would never suggest working for massage envy!

Tragically, her story is all too common. These people are very misguided and greedy and they are JUST about the money! Massage therapists need to wise up and just say No to Massage Enemy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gray Neher in Castle Pines, Colorado

82 months ago

Fed Up in Wilmette, Illinois said: Tragically, her story is all too common. These people are very misguided and greedy and they are JUST about the money! Massage therapists need to wise up and just say No to Massage Enemy!

I own three clinics and take your post to mean that I am greedy. You still have no idea how I treat my therapists or clients and you sure have no idea about how the finances at my clinics work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.