management positions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (34)

mary in Fort Myers, Florida

89 months ago

does Massage Envy hire massage therapists for management positions. Has anyone had a bad experience with the management positions??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Star in Saint Petersburg, Florida

89 months ago

I've interviewed with massage envy twice for what they call the "clinic administrator" position and both time it was a bad expereince. I have a lot of experience with massage and management - but they however were very unprofessional. Both times, I was treated like I was incompetent, and it took at least two weeks for them to resond - telling me that they found someone else for the position. Appy at your own risk - or if you like waiting by the phone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LMT Tampa FL in Valrico, Florida

89 months ago

Star in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: I've interviewed with massage envy twice for what they call the "clinic administrator" position and both time it was a bad expereince. I have a lot of experience with massage and management - but they however were very unprofessional. Both times, I was treated like I was incompetent, and it took at least two weeks for them to resond - telling me that they found someone else for the position. Appy at your own risk - or if you like waiting by the phone.

I wish they would have looked a little closer before hiring the bimbo that runs the one I'm at. She is an immature, incompetent, disrespected child.

jerlin woodard in New Orleans, Louisiana

88 months ago

i am acquiring more info on franchising. please call me at 5049526298 or by e mail wood2484@yahoo.com

Kimberly in Saint Louis, Missouri

87 months ago

I was hired as a clinical admin. & once he got me through the door- I have done nothing but massage. The staff didn't know I was hired as that- they were told I was a new massage therapist starting. I've been there a month and a half and am having to do way too many massages to try to make up for the money that I left at my last job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

SueWest in So Windsor, Connecticut

87 months ago

Kimberly in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I was hired as a clinical admin. & once he got me through the door- I have done nothing but massage. The staff didn't know I was hired as that- they were told I was a new massage therapist starting. I've been there a month and a half and am having to do way too many massages to try to make up for the money that I left at my last job!

Why did you leave your last job if the money was good?

mary in Charlotte, North Carolina

87 months ago

Good Questions. If you were so good and the money was so good at your last place why did you leave? Maybe your tips were bad due to your attitude?

Kimberly in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I was hired as a clinical admin. & once he got me through the door- I have done nothing but massage. The staff didn't know I was hired as that- they were told I was a new massage therapist starting. I've been there a month and a half and am having to do way too many massages to try to make up for the money that I left at my last job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ang in Portland, Oregon

87 months ago

jerlin woodard in New Orleans, Louisiana said: i am acquiring more info on franchising. please call me at 5049526298 or by e mail wood2484@yahoo.com

I, too, am researching franchise opportunitities in Portland, OR. If anyone would like to share information with me, I'd appreciate the input! Thx much!
email: angela0515@comcast.net

Kate in Saint Louis, Missouri

87 months ago

Kimberly,
Which location in St. Louis is this, if you don't mind me asking? I am a massge student and wanted to work at ME in St. Louis in administration or front desk until I finish school. Do you like it there? Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lauree in Los Angeles, California

87 months ago

Susan in Los Angeles, California said: me too.we should talk my number is 310-6232177

am curious also Susan contact me or walk over to my back door and knock!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Researcher in Reno, Nevada

86 months ago

Star in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: I've interviewed with massage envy twice for what they call the "clinic administrator" position and both time it was a bad expereince. I have a lot of experience with massage and management - but they however were very unprofessional. Both times, I was treated like I was incompetent, and it took at least two weeks for them to resond - telling me that they found someone else for the position. Appy at your own risk - or if you like waiting by the phone.

I think unprofessional is an understatement. I applied for the JACA position before I did some indepth research. Clearly a mistake. I just received an email response from a joseph wieczorek but the email was signed by a Rich Angioli and the email address was from a hotmail account. Clearly corporate is not professional enough to network the franchises with domain names.

elsewhere in Burbank, California

86 months ago

Interesting... "SueWest" from "Windsor" has appeared in other threads as "SueWest" from "Charlotte." In those same threads "Mary" and "NoName" from "Charlotte" have also appeared numerous times spouting the exact same party line as they are in this thread.

Coincedence or paid shill for ME?

You decide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SueWest in Charlotte, North Carolina

86 months ago

I am SueWest from Windsor. I moved to Charlotte recently and after my first post, realized I hadn't changed my location. I am not Mary or NoName and I don't know who they are except that they are not me. I know many therapists here in Charlotte who work for ME and are very happy there. There are 4 clinics here in Charlotte.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

fed up in Wilmette, Illinois

86 months ago

SueWest in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I am SueWest from Windsor. I moved to Charlotte recently and after my first post, realized I hadn't changed my location. I am not Mary or NoName and I don't know who they are except that they are not me. I know many therapists here in Charlotte who work for ME and are very happy there. There are 4 clinics here in Charlotte.

Give us a break SueWest, I mean Mary, I mean No Name! ME is as Rainman says about K-Mart.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

yeah right in Peoria, Arizona

86 months ago

mary in Fort Myers, Florida said: does Massage Envy hire massage therapists for management positions. Has anyone had a bad experience with the management positions??

has anyone had a good experience??

86 months ago

SueWest in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I am SueWest from Windsor. I moved to Charlotte recently and after my first post, realized I hadn't changed my location. I am not Mary or NoName and I don't know who they are except that they are not me. I know many therapists here in Charlotte who work for ME and are very happy there. There are 4 clinics here in Charlotte.

whatever, likely story, and you say you know people who are happy at M.E. Now I know you are a liar.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Researcher in Reno, Nevada said: I think unprofessional is an understatement. I applied for the JACA position before I did some indepth research. Clearly a mistake. I just received an email response from a joseph wieczorek but the email was signed by a Rich Angioli and the email address was from a hotmail account. Clearly corporate is not professional enough to network the franchises with domain names.

cheap I think is what you were looking for

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

elsewhere in Burbank, California said: Interesting... "SueWest" from "Windsor" has appeared in other threads as "SueWest" from "Charlotte." In those same threads "Mary" and "NoName" from "Charlotte" have also appeared numerous times spouting the exact same party line as they are in this thread.

Coincedence or paid shill for ME?

You decide.

Hmmm, not paid. M. E. wouldn't pay for that.....too cheap...brainwashed or coerced I would believe.

just me in Safford, Arizona

86 months ago

mary in Fort Myers, Florida said: does Massage Envy hire massage therapists for management positions. Has anyone had a bad experience with the management positions??

My sister was a massage therapist at Massage Envy and she was hired on as an assistant manager and they treated her like crap.

SueWest in Charlotte, North Carolina

86 months ago

yeah right in Peoria, Arizona said: Hmmm, not paid. M. E. wouldn't pay for that.....too cheap...brainwashed or coerced I would believe.

Maybe we're just happy here in Charlotte.

86 months ago

SueWest in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Maybe we're just happy here in Charlotte.

Maybe you are easily appeased....what would have happened if the colonists were cool with prices of tea? why don' you just go roll over, sit, or speak for your owner? I won't.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

SueWest in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Maybe we're just happy here in Charlotte.

I hope so. I read that Charlote just experienced massive layoffs tthis week due to the home mortgage scandal, the worst layoffs in the country. I may not like ME but I do hope you and your neighbors get through this rough patch.

Dumb for believing the ME lies!!!!!!!! in Palatine, Illinois

86 months ago

I know that I'm new at this thing (therapist for 6 months), but I never knew that there were people as mean, dishonest and down right selfish as these people. Never, never, never work at ME!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sue in Arlington Heights, Illinois

86 months ago

Dumb for believing the ME lies!!!!!!!! in Palatine, Illinois said: I know that I'm new at this thing (therapist for 6 months), but I never knew that there were people as mean, dishonest and down right selfish as these people. Never, never, never work at ME!!!!!

Hi,
I am wondering what you mean, as I am curious about the Palatine office. I am considering "doing business" with them.
Thanks.

LMT Susan in Spring Hill, Tennessee

86 months ago

Fantastic to hear that others are happy! I work at ME and I am very happy there. I won't stay there forever because I have some ambition to move forward and open my own business but I feel I have been learnig alot about what works in a clinic and what needs to change when I open mine. In the mean time, I really love what I do and I work exactly the hours I wish to work. I think people who have bad experiences with ME are dealing with really bad owners. The owner at my ME could do some things better but seems to be better than a lot of owners.

Dumb for believing the ME lies!!!!!!!! in Palatine, Illinois

86 months ago

sue in Arlington Heights, Illinois said: Hi,
I am wondering what you mean, as I am curious about the Palatine office. I am considering "doing business" with them.
Thanks.

Dear Sue in Arlington Heights, IL, I did not work for the Palatine shop (you can't call them real clinics) and I don't want to say which one. I wish you good luck and be careful!

They may have a new scam! Read this: www.kapachino.info

86 months ago

Dumb for believing the ME lies!!!!!!!! in Palatine, Illinois said: Dear Sue in Arlington Heights, IL, I did not work for the Palatine shop (you can't call them real clinics) and I don't want to say which one. I wish you good luck and be careful!

They may have a new scam! Read this: www.kapachino.info

Whoa... that's pretty shameless of them!

ashleyb2688 in Phoenix, Arizona

79 months ago

Do you know where i can get coraaptes number. massage envy treated me very unfairly! please e-mail me
fallanangel2688@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Discouraged in YouKnow, Texas

79 months ago

I will make this as brief as possible because I have other things I should be doing. I am a LMT from a state unlike Texas. The state that I come from had a very high standard on the profession therefore the results were of high standards. The schools that I have found here in Texas dont really care about the level of education that the graduates recieve. If you can apply lotion then you WIN!! I find it degrading and sad. I have met alot of LMT's here in Texas and I think they are all beautiful great people and they deserved a better education.
My thoughts on Massage Envy? Well what a joke! (I have seen it firsthand) I think all the problems lie within John L. the owner. He is a smart business man. Actually crooked business man. He saw a quick "buck" and jumped on it and destroyed the massage profession as a whole. What kind of person promotes SWEAT-SHOP activity and sleeps well at night? And what kind of man sells franchises to people who have no experience in one of two major experiences.....Sales and the money maker....Massage. I found out soon that franchises are sold to people who are too shy to get massages and never had the experience of a great trade. Its kind of like selling a McDonalds franchise to a vegetarian.....How the heck will it ever work? It wont and it will fail.
My experience was tainted because I saw a strong future from a Franchise Owner who thought results came from day 1. And I have reason to believe that this person was wrongly informed from corporate that opening day would provide profit. It also didnt help that there is not any support from corporate. Basically they provide you a book with words on the cover saying, "Policies & Procedures" and then its up to you to fill in the rest.....WHAT? They dont even have a customer service department.....That all depends on the clinic and their tolerance. Absolutely rediculous!! Massage Envy was started by a micro-manager and sold to many micro-managers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Fed Up in Wilmette, Illinois

79 months ago

Discouraged in YouKnow, Texas said: I found out soon that franchises are sold to people who are too shy to get massages and never had the experience of a great trade. Its kind of like selling a McDonalds franchise to a vegetarian.....How the heck will it ever work? It wont and it work!

LOL, Great point!!!!! This is something that I talk about all the time.

79 months ago

Discouraged in YouKnow, Texas said:
My thoughts on Massage Envy? Well what a joke! (I have seen it firsthand) I think all the problems lie within John L. the owner. He is a smart business man. Actually crooked business man. He saw a quick "buck" and jumped on it and destroyed the massage profession as a whole. What kind of person promotes SWEAT-SHOP activity and sleeps well at night.

True, true! You're confirming my thoughts on this indefensible sham!!!

79 months ago

Discouraged in YouKnow, Texas said: I will make this as brief as possible because I have other things I should be doing. I am a LMT from a state unlike Texas. The state that I come from had a very high standard on the profession therefore the results were of high standards. The schools that I have found here in Texas dont really care about the level of education that the graduates recieve. If you can apply lotion then you WIN!! I find it degrading and sad. I have met alot of LMT's here in Texas and I think they are all beautiful great people and they deserved a better education.
My thoughts on Massage Envy? Well what a joke! (I have seen it firsthand) I think all the problems lie within John L. the owner. He is a smart business man. Actually crooked business man. He saw a quick "buck" and jumped on it and destroyed the massage profession as a whole. What kind of person promotes SWEAT-SHOP activity and sleeps well at night? And what kind of man sells franchises to people who have no experience in one of two major experiences.....Sales and the money maker....Massage. I found out soon that franchises are sold to people who are too shy to get massages and never had the experience of a great trade. Its kind of like selling a McDonalds franchise to a vegetarian.....How the heck will it ever work? It wont and it will fail.
It also didnt help that there is not any support from corporate. Basically they provide you a book with words on the cover saying, "Policies & Procedures" and then its up to you to fill in the rest.....WHAT? They dont even have a customer service department.....That all depends on the clinic and their tolerance. Absolutely rediculous!! Massage Envy was started by a micro-manager and sold to many micro-managers.

You've done a very good job summing up the whole mess.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Anyone else wanna challenge me on Massage Envy's Tactics? I am always up for good conversation/ and or debate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

From what I hear John L sold the Massage Envy Company....Anyone know more?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.