me is fine with me....

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

me therapist in Westmont, Illinois

86 months ago

Being a me therapist these comments are very humorous to me. I've been employed at me for 8 months & not one day have I felt overworked. I tell THEM how many massages I will do per day, I am asked to do things I am not told. I make $20 per hour and my tips average between $11 to $30 per massage. Hell I received a $40 tip today! And yes I have health benefits!! Of which me pays half. So for those of you only receiving $5 tips.....maybe its you or your clients don't appericate you. I find the clients for the most part to be well-mannered people but there are always one or two bad apples in the bunch. Just my view on the world of me........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

fed up in Wilmette, Illinois

86 months ago

me therapist in Westmont, Illinois said: Being a me therapist these comments are very humorous to me. I've been employed at me for 8 months & not one day have I felt overworked. I tell THEM how many massages I will do per day, I am asked to do things I am not told. I make $20 per hour and my tips average between $11 to $30 per massage. Hell I received a $40 tip today! And yes I have health benefits!! Of which me pays half. So for those of you only receiving $5 tips.....maybe its you or your clients don't appericate you. I find the clients for the most part to be well-mannered people but there are always one or two bad apples in the bunch. Just my view on the world of me........

Humorous!?! So as long as it dosen't effect you, it's ok? Don't you care about your fellow therapists being taken advantage of? At minimum, you should have the decency to show some concern for the fact that the ME organazation has all these flaws.

As you claim, everything is good now for you. Don't be surprised when it changes for the worse, because it's going to!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

yeah right in Peoria, Arizona

85 months ago

me therapist in Westmont, Illinois said: Being a me therapist these comments are very humorous to me. I've been employed at me for 8 months & not one day have I felt overworked. I tell THEM how many massages I will do per day, I am asked to do things I am not told. I make $20 per hour and my tips average between $11 to $30 per massage. Hell I received a $40 tip today! And yes I have health benefits!! Of which me pays half. So for those of you only receiving $5 tips.....maybe its you or your clients don't appericate you. I find the clients for the most part to be well-mannered people but there are always one or two bad apples in the bunch. Just my view on the world of me........

You must work for an owner who maybe kinda cares a bit. Massage Envy does vary from store to store, unfortunately there aren't as many good ones as there are bad ones. So, count your blessings and don't work at a Massage Envy in AZ. The regional developer in this area is the devil. His business philosophy is "Pay people enough to get by" So, just be on the lookout. If you are as good as you claim, why not be able to sustain yourself, and not be another one of us parasites in the bowels of Massage ENvy, the money machine?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

yeah right in Peoria, Arizona

85 months ago

fed up in Wilmette, Illinois said: Humorous!?! So as long as it dosen't effect you, it's ok? Don't you care about your fellow therapists being taken advantage of? At minimum, you should have the decency to show some concern for the fact that the ME organazation has all these flaws.

As you claim, everything is good now for you. Don't be surprised when it changes for the worse, because it's going to!

for sure, we need to get together and go bowling...or start a massage union.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

me therapist in Downers Grove, Illinois

85 months ago

yeah right in Peoria, Arizona said: for sure, we need to get together and go bowling...or start a massage union.

I'm all for a massage union. The question is how do we get started????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gonzalo in South East, Florida

84 months ago

Hey, the guy is right..if you do your job right you get the tip, there are a bunch of lazy therapists that have a sense of entitlement, and the days of labor unions are coming to an end. capitalism is all about doing things right, and being paid according to the quality and effort you put out there...if you want a sure thing go live in a communist country or something and they will not ask much of you...hey Venezuela is right around the corner, and they are giving free food away..just get in line..or is that to much to ask?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

AKAMU in Waltham, Massachusetts

83 months ago

I just started at ME. I make 15 hr at ME before tip. Not to sure what I think of it yet. I think the public pays way to much for massage so I like the affordablity model. I think in the long run the exposure will benefit the industry. But I think it would be more fair to make 20 an HR pre-tip like Westmont. Personaly I think that since this is not a SPA but a clinical style setting (which I prefer) they should not accept tips but charge clients a fair price and pay NCMT's a minumum of 30 to 40 an hr depending on the market and their skills. Especialy with client growth and their path toward monopolization it should make it easy for ME to still make a good profit.

As for unions, I have long supported such efforts.

The Union Would Say: All Nationaly Certified therapists must make a minimum $.50 minute to start (hands on and setup included). All Nationaly Certified therapists should recieve an industry standard 6.5% raise after every 1000hrs of work. I think this is a minimum standard that would benefit all.

All NCMT's therapist designated or required to be "on-site" rather than on call must make a minimum of .25 a minute for the totality of all the time on-site within a single work week.

There should also be protection from coersion to perform when sick or injured.

Employers must provide workmans comp and health insurance

please add anything else you think would work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

melania555 in Jacksonville, Florida

83 months ago

Union? I wont live to see it. But I would sure vote for it. The NCBTMB and state boards are having too much fun at our expense to allow us to have a voice that is truly our own. I would settle for $25 an hour YEAR ROUND and mandatory acceptance to the insurance industry & healthcare system... a lot more opportunities can come of that - Florida today is pushing out thousands of LMT's a year and NO JOBS to be had. No wonder we're taken advantage of - everyone is desperate!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Gray Neher in Castle Pines, Colorado

80 months ago

melania555 in Jacksonville, Florida said: Union? I wont live to see it. But I would sure vote for it. The NCBTMB and state boards are having too much fun at our expense to allow us to have a voice that is truly our own. I would settle for $25 an hour YEAR ROUND and mandatory acceptance to the insurance industry & healthcare system... a lot more opportunities can come of that - Florida today is pushing out thousands of LMT's a year and NO JOBS to be had. No wonder we're taken advantage of - everyone is desperate!

Workman's Comp is mandatory in Colorado. As to health insurance: take a look around, ask around - see how many small employers (<50) provide health insurance. I think you'll find that not many do. Health insurance premiums run $600/month/employee and rise 10% - 30% every year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

massagetherapist9 in Mesa, Arizona

66 months ago

I have worked at ME for over a year now. I love my co-workers and clients! No job place is perfect. Every day I smile because I HAVE a job! And I don't have to wash sheets, call clients, buy advertising, pay overhead, SE taxes, etc, etc. I pay for education which makes me a better therapist. I show up with my hands, help people and I go home tired sometimes, sure, but that means I WORKED! and that makes me happy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

LMT in Grayslake, Illinois

37 months ago

I agree with those having positive things to say. I work at ME, and I love it. I'm insulted by the "beggers cant be choosers" comment that I often hear from people upon learning where I work.

My boss is amazing, my co workers are dependable, reliable, and I adore them - and the environment is great. So say what you want. I'm employed, I have a great job and great clients that keep coming back, and I couldnt ask for anything more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.