What's the company culture at Matrix Medical Network?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Matrix Medical Network?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Matrix Medical Network?

Reply - Report abuse

Matrix NP in Anonymous

15 months ago

I can only speak as a local NP who performs the home assessments, but in my experience, the culture is one of productivity, productivity, productivity. They really like to hear that you have made a difference in the lives of the members who you visit, and sometimes you can. But overall they want productivity. If you happen to visit someone with some very urgent medical needs, they love to use such experiences in their newsletters and with their clients. They even reward such encounters with awards. But, in my opinion, their bottom line is productivity.

Each geographic area or team is of course different and that is dependent on the make up of those team/area leaders/management and members. Because you are doing home visits, you are expected to be able to function independently. Most of the communications, by necessity, are via e-mails and phone calls.

There is a high turnover. Many of the new management staff are introduced to those of us in the field through an e-mail and often their bio will start with something like, so and so started with Matrix in 2011. I have heard the comment often that Matrix is growing quickly; some think too quickly. There are lots of levels of management and I believe that as a result, often the grassroots worker -- the NP in the field -- is forgotten. I do not think that the clinical staff at the headquarters in Arizona really intends it to be that way. I truly think that they believe that they are being inclusive, but it is difficult with their field NPs spread across the country. If you are fortunate enough to live in a larger metropolitan area where they have a larger number of clients and their members, you can expect periodic visits from management for Town Halls.

Change is constant. Change in procedures, change in staff, change in management.

Dress is of course expected to be professional. For visits in skilled nursing facilities, Matrix provides a lab coat that you are expected to wear.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.