Applying to Mayo Clinic

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Wanting a job at Mayo in Jacksonville, Florida

100 months ago

I have applied to many admin jobs at Mayo's website and I know that I am qualified but I never get a reply back. Is there a live person that I can talk to about a job? The clinic is just minutes away from my house and it would be great to work there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Florida Guy from Jacksonville in Jacksonville, Florida

99 months ago

Did you fill out the profile on their website?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ray Shaq in Apo

99 months ago

I couldn't agree with you more. I have had similar experience with them. I have applied for position at my level, lower and even higher and never got a phone interview even. I basically stopped applying. The bad thing about Rochester is because Mayo and IBM are the only decent places with the kind of job I am seeking and they both difficult to get into for those that have no inside connections.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Gal from Arizona in Minster, Ohio

98 months ago

I agree with both comments, I have applied for a few jobs at the Mayo clinic in Arizona over the last few months and have yet to recieve a call back or an email. It makes you wonder if these companies already have people in mind for the job when they place these adds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Holly in Janesville, Minnesota

98 months ago

Call them. My Dad applied for a job with them three years ago. Two weeks after he sent an application, he called them and they asked him to come in for an interview. After the interview, he waited three weeks before calling them and they offered him the job. He even had to call them to find out when he should come in for orientation. He's still working for the Mayo clinic and he loves it there. I don't know why they don't call people but if you just call them and ask if they got your resume then you might get an interview. Good Luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

K in Phoenix, Arizona

98 months ago

Wanting a job at Mayo in Jacksonville, Florida said: I have applied to many admin jobs at Mayo's website and I know that I am qualified but I never get a reply back. Is there a live person that I can talk to about a job? The clinic is just minutes away from my house and it would be great to work there.

They got back to me in like a week and job offered me the next day. I have had a great experience with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

E in Rochester, Minnesota

98 months ago

My fiance just got a job at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, but only after applying and reapplying for jobs multiple times. He received many letters saying they couldn't ask him for an interview at that time. Someone who worked there told him to just keep applying for the same job. It worked for him after only about a month! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kyra in Rochester, Minnesota

97 months ago

Holly in Janesville, Minnesota said: Call them. My Dad applied for a job with them three years ago. Two weeks after he sent an application, he called them and they asked him to come in for an interview. After the interview, he waited three weeks before calling them and they offered him the job. He even had to call them to find out when he should come in for orientation. He's still working for the Mayo clinic and he loves it there. I don't know why they don't call people but if you just call them and ask if they got your resume then you might get an interview. Good Luck!!

Hi!
I work at Mayo Clinic Rochester. I am originally from Canada and also had difficulty getting the job I wanted. I wouldn't call as much as this person says- perhaps if you call two weeks after you apply for a specific position you might want to try contacting the staffing specialist and again a few weeks after an interview. It would be good if you could get to know a person in HR- a staffing specialist through email communication. I was encouraged to apply for every single position I was qualified for- which turned out to be at least 50. JUST KEEP TRYING!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

msmouse in Rochester, Minnesota

97 months ago

You should hear from them fairly quickly I would think. Corporate culture in that lab is fairly relaxed depending on the shift... dress is business casual within the lab.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

techy81 in Ames, Iowa

97 months ago

I recently moved to Rochester as my fiance got a job in Mayo Clinic. I was appkying constantly and finally has received a interview call for an Analyst Programmer position. Can anyone let me know what type of interview is conducted by Mayo Clinic so that I can prepare accordingly. Any inputs will be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Roc in Detroit, Michigan

97 months ago

techy81 in Ames, Iowa said: I recently moved to Rochester as my fiance got a job in Mayo Clinic. I was appkying constantly and finally has received a interview call for an Analyst Programmer position. Can anyone let me know what type of interview is conducted by Mayo Clinic so that I can prepare accordingly. Any inputs will be appreciated.

i have a job interview on Thursday for the Clinical Lab Technologist position. From what they told me, a panel of supervisors will interview me on behavioral based questions. Hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

techy81 in Claremont, Minnesota

97 months ago

Roc in Detroit, Michigan said: i have a job interview on Thursday for the Clinical Lab Technologist position. From what they told me, a panel of supervisors will interview me on behavioral based questions. Hope that helps.

Good Luck on your interview. I have the Mayo Clinic interview tomorrow. I will let you know how it was. In between, do you have any idea on how early they get back on interview results? I have another offer which I have on hold as I am really wanting to join Mayo group.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Roc in Detroit, Michigan

97 months ago

techy81 in Claremont, Minnesota said: Good Luck on your interview. I have the Mayo Clinic interview tomorrow. I will let you know how it was. In between, do you have any idea on how early they get back on interview results? I have another offer which I have on hold as I am really wanting to join Mayo group.

Thanks you too. I have no clue as to how soon they get back to you on the results. Sorry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

non in Austin, Minnesota

38 months ago

i have applied at mayo in rochester mn and austin,mn and albert lea,mn and never heard nothing i have applied at over 100 jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

biomed in Rochester, Minnesota

33 months ago

Roc in Detroit, Michigan said: i have a job interview on Thursday for the Clinical Lab Technologist position. From what they told me, a panel of supervisors will interview me on behavioral based questions. Hope that helps.

I will also be interviewing for a similar position. How was the interview structured? Was there a lab skills test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.