Comments (19)

Nun Ur Biz in Chicago, Illinois

85 months ago

Dakota Haynes in Chicago, Illinois said: am applying for a maintanance position

So? How does this benefit me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

fred mcfredrickson

84 months ago

i think there burgers are good and there fries are terrific. the nice thing about mcdonalds is that i frequently use their restrooms when i am out on the road and there is never a snippy employee that says restrooms are for patrons only

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Nun ur Biz in Chicago, Illinois

84 months ago

fred mcfredrickson said: i think there burgers are good and there fries are terrific. the nice thing about mcdonalds is that i frequently use their restrooms when i am out on the road and there is never a snippy employee that says restrooms are for patrons only

The workers do not care who uses the restroom or the rules that govern its usage. Its not like they are paid heavily to flip burgers or mop floors. Go try using the restroom in Johnson and Johnson headquarters and see how many better-paid people care.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jan2 in Chicago, Illinois

84 months ago

there are high paying positions at the corporate level. Not everyone flips burgers. And, yes, there are those who flipped burgers, and today, own a McD franchise. Instead of whining about $8 per hour, they had determination, worked hard, and educated themselves to suceed.

Perhaps you should think about your career, not job, its direction and focus on your succeeding in your future.

ps: No, I do not work for McDonalds. But, I've held corporate positions, and presently, focusing on opening my own business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Nun ur Biz in Chicago, Illinois

84 months ago

Jan2 in Chicago, Illinois said: there are high paying positions at the corporate level. Not everyone flips burgers. And, yes, there are those who flipped burgers, and today, own a McD franchise. Instead of whining about $8 per hour, they had determination, worked hard, and educated themselves to suceed.

Perhaps you should think about your career, not job, its direction and focus on your succeeding in your future.

ps: No, I do not work for McDonalds. But, I've held corporate positions, and presently, focusing on opening my own business.

Yeah, we all know there are high paying coporate positions in McDonalds you dum.b as.s. Heck, its a multi-billion dollar company so somehow has to be paid a lot. BUT WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE HIGH PAYING MCDONALD JOBS. We are talking about the low-paying jobs like burger-flipper/cashier in McDonalds... the other end of the fence where you make hardly any money. Face it, theses jobs are dead-end! Software Engineers use them in anecdote to illustrate careers leading nowhere. Listen to people before you type up something stupid things. With $8 per hour and no mental stimulation, how can you increase your job skills and improve yourself? This is definitely different in the coporate job where a skan.k like you probably sleep with enough people and made enough "milky ways" to avoid.

And you idiot, I am thinking about my career and I do not need a fool crossed with s.kank like you to tell me to. That too does not mean I should just focus on my own career and not look at some good and bad jobs to see how my own career is progressng... of which is none of your business by the way.

My assessment of you is that you are a bi.tch, sk.ank, and so stupid that a rock can compete with you fairly. Do not talk to me again or try to contribute to any discussion I am in. In case you want to respond I will not read it. I insulted you publicly but will not read your responses LOL (I have the last laugh)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

fred mcfredrickson

84 months ago

it seems as though many of the restrooms at numerous McDonalds have been renovated in the past few years. Most improvements I've noticed include new tiles, sinks, and toilet fixtures. The tiles are set on an angle which gives one the impression that they are in a more posh establishment. This is good business. I really enjoy the clean amenities even when I don't have time to dine. The nice thing about this arrangement is that there never is a snippy employee that says restrooms are for patrons only.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

writer61 in Lafayette, Indiana

84 months ago

Suppose you're an Asian student or someone from one of the Eastern Baltic states: How would you like having to give your first name ( new policy just implimented at Purdue McDonald's)? Our new manager must be a few fries short of a happy meal, or he just didn't think this one through. Many of our customers are students who would rather not call attention to themselves due to past oppression in their native countries- I just hope they don't decide to eat elsewhere because a lot of our lunch business depends on them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lOONIE in Coshocton, Ohio

83 months ago

fred mcfredrickson said: i think there burgers are good and there fries are terrific. the nice thing about mcdonalds is that i frequently use their restrooms when i am out on the road and there is never a snippy employee that says restrooms are for patrons only

Don't go to Mcdonald's in Coshocton ohio

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lOONIE in Coshocton, Ohio

83 months ago

i WORK AT MCDONALD'S IN COSHOCTON AND I HAVE FOR 2 YEARS. I SHOW UP ON MY DAYS OFF WHEN I'M CALLED IN. I HAVE WORKED MY BUTT OFF FOR NOTHING. I DON'T AS MUCH EVEN GET A THANK YOU. THE ONLY THING I HAVE RECIEVE IN RETURN IS A 16 YEAR OLD UP FOR TRAINING FOR MANAGER. ONE THAT IS LAZY AT THAT. I CAN RUN THAT PLACE BETTER THAN MOST. IF I WAS MANAGER. I WOULD TREAT EVERYONE EQUAL INSTEAD OF POORLY. MANAGER THERE YELL AT THEIR EMPLOYEES IN FRONT OF CUSTOMERS. THAT IS UNPROFESSIONAL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

loonie in Coshocton, Ohio

83 months ago

Howard Nagle in Nashville, Tennessee said: Good place to work if Your IQ is 80 or less.

IQ of 80 or less? Do you work there too? Did you ever think some people work there because a town lacks jobs? like here in Coshocton. We have more jobs going out of business than we have jobs coming in. I'm a college student. I work at McDonald's because it is one of the places that works with my college schedule. I work nearly 40 hours and week and I go to school. not all people work at McDonald's because of a low IQ. I'm an A student.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Royce3371 in Grayville, Illinois

63 months ago

I have never worked for McDonalds, but it does bother me that some people question the intelligence of some of the workers. There is absolutely nothing wrong with working fast food, convience stores, etc. It is good honest work and not something to look down on or berate.If you don't have anything intelligent to add to the conversation, you should just STFU!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

DrOreos in Cleveland, Ohio

62 months ago

McDonald's, thats a lot of memories! I last work for McDonald's in 2003. I started in 1996 as a 16 year old crew member. I was the "Bun" man. The pay was $5.50 an hr, but I was in H-S and bringing home a $100 check every 2 weeks was NICE! Felt like I was a millionairre. Eventually, I was promoted to crew trainer and work the drive thru, that$6.25 an hr was beautiful. In 2000, I was promoted to head of Maitenance! I got the "BLUE" collard dress shirt! Not the cheesy plaid knit the crew had to wear. So, I top at $8.00 an hour.

I don't care what anyone says, McDonald's is not an easy JOB. It is very low pay and you have next to nothing in benefits. Getting free food (at my location) was the best benefit. What make the job difficult I believe are the customers. People Already have the mentality that the employees are Ignorant or slow...which is BS. Seriously, Some customers "expect" to have the 5 star service as if they are at a fancy restaurant for ordering a 2 dollar cheeseburger. "ITS A 2 DOLLAR BURGER" what do people expect? Its made in 10 seconds! The entire Order suppose to be prepared and out the door in 90 seconds! But that pressure its forced on the employees. People don't help with criticism, reason why some employees do sick things to meals.

Nowaydays...the Economy is tough, and more and more senior citizens are working for McDonalds. Usually the morning shift. Bottomline...the pay is low, but Minimum wage is better than no wage. If one decide to start working there, work towards Management even though its low pay! Start from crew to crew trainer, to shift manager to store manager! Many people I know with Management experience from McDonalds get strong credentials for bigger positions at other locations, including Store Management from Retail chains to Banks! And thats a way to seek a good career without college education. Management Experience!

Screw those people who bad mouth McDonald employees, honest work is always appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Taustin10030 in New York, New York

18 months ago

I have an interview with mc donalds ,what will I expect?(no sarcastic answers).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DrOreos in Cleveland, Ohio

18 months ago

Taustin10030 in New York, New York said: I have an interview with mc donalds ,what will I expect?(no sarcastic answers).

Like many interviews, they are looking for the best people to hire. It's McDonalds, so they won't expect to see a portfolio or some outrageous. They will base theonir needs on why you submitted on the application.

What to expect: Questions about WHY do you want to work for McDonalds? Describe some expiences you had with teamwork and what it means to you? Some interviewers may throw you a scenerio i.e If a customer complain of not receiving her fries, what would you do?

The rest of the interview will be based on what hours available to work, your starting wage, and if there is any special needs you want to address.

All in all, treat it professional. Wear nice clothes, speak clear. Image is a good start and anything lack of it will bring up more questions about your character.

Take note, Every hiring manager is different. But I covered the basic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ToBoeingOrNotToBoeing in Seattle, Washington

18 months ago

fred mcfredrickson said: it seems as though many of the restrooms at numerous McDonalds have been renovated in the past few years. Most improvements I've noticed include new tiles, sinks, and toilet fixtures. The tiles are set on an angle which gives one the impression that they are in a more posh establishment. This is good business . I really enjoy the clean amenities even when I don't have time to dine. The nice thing about this arrangement is that there never is a snippy employee that says restrooms are for patrons only.

It's weird how everyone is talking about the bathrooms. I haven't been to McD's in about 15-20 years. But I do remember the restrooms were a nightmare. Almost as bad as gas stations and drive-in theatres.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Collis in Owensboro, Kentucky

14 months ago

Because of McDonald's is so low paying as a crew person. I think managers should have some social service training to better guide the low income employees to better paying jobs and to better careers that an employee might be better at and also to help with employee outside of work problems.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DadMike in Maryland

13 months ago

I enjoyed my time time at McDonald's- cashiering and drive-through, back when they still had burgers sitting in warmer slots. I've worked many restaurants- and while their food is not the best, they were absolutely the cleanest and most organized restuarant I ever worked for. And I did know folks that worked their way up from crew to mananagement- and they pay their managers nicely. Don't knock McD's-- for those that apply themselves, are willing to re-locate where there is need- decent income can be acheived.

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

13 months ago

DadMike in Maryland said: I enjoyed my time time at McDonald's- cashiering and drive-through, back when they still had burgers sitting in warmer slots. I've worked many restaurants- and while their food is not the best, they were absolutely the cleanest and most organized restuarant I ever worked for. And I did know folks that worked their way up from crew to mananagement- and they pay their managers nicely. Don't knock McD's-- for those that apply themselves, are willing to re-locate where there is need- decent income can be acheived.

Very limited career opportunities. If you do advance to store management in a Franchise, let's get serious, the pay isn't anything to brag about.

From what I've seen the money is if you become a District Manager for the owner of his Franchise stores. But there's only 1 DM.

But having said that I did enjoy working there as a regular worker during high school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

cwshifflett in Winchester, Virginia

8 days ago

Jan2 in Chicago, Illinois said: there are high paying positions at the corporate level. Not everyone flips burgers. And, yes, there are those who flipped burgers, and today, own a McD franchise. Instead of whining about $8 per hour, they had determination, worked hard, and educated themselves to suceed.

ps: No, I do not work for McDonalds. But, I've held corporate positions, and presently, focusing on opening my own business .

If you've never worked for McDonald's, then of course you don't understand. I worked for the highest grossing store in our division of 35 corporate stores (9 million/year), and that wasn't good enough. When the next year came around, they wanted us to work harder, but in the mean time gave us all 5 cent raises. I walked out and never came back. If you plan to nickel and dime someone who is clearly busting their a** for the JOB, then they should be rewarded, not treated like the guy/gal who does nothing,but still collects a paycheck.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.