employment practices

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

anomynous in Mountain View, California

87 months ago

I believe McDonalds practices unfair employment practices. I worked there for the last seven years, and was recently terminated based on heresay and coersion. I was a staff salary paid manager. If you are planning to apply for a restaurant management position with them, don't bother. It isn't worth it. All my hard work and honesty and intregrity meant nothing to them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

The Queen in Chicago, Illinois

87 months ago

Welcome to the real world of corporate America.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ex MCD guy in Chicago, Illinois

71 months ago

anomynous in Mountain View, California said: I believe McDonalds practices unfair employment practices. I worked there for the last seven years, and was recently terminated based on heresay and coersion. I was a staff salary paid manager. If you are planning to apply for a restaurant management position with them, don't bother. It isn't worth it. All my hard work and honesty and intregrity meant nothing to them.

McDonald's is a terrible place to work. Their promotional literature talks about the "People Promise" and how the company cares about its employees but it's a load of crap.

I was recently fired despite good performance reviews. I'm 55 and have 2 severely disabled children. It's really difficult to prove an age discrimination law suit and McDonald's has lots more money than I do. My only advice is to just steer clear of McDonald's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

leenyak in Hillsboro, New Hampshire

42 months ago

Nasty Place to Work. If you stayed seven years, you deserve a medal. Most people around here, walk out after the first week. They lie to you about your starting wage, you don't get the job you were hired for either. One thing about Mcdonalds, I don't know if the managers get trained for holding your paycheck on you or what.. I've seen this in two places. After working for them two weeks, you have a hard time getting your paycheck. It takes a phone call to the Labor Board, to get it.. MCDonalds is disqusting.!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.