How to get a job at Mclaren Bay Region.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Do you work at Mclaren Bay Region? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Leisha

21 months ago

If you smoke cigarettes no need to apply, they don't hire you if you are a smoker. Along with the drug test you have to take a nicotine test. I think they should inform you before you complete the application. Well, this is what happened to me: Filled out on-line app, they called to schedule interview, before the physical interview I had to complete this really long test on line. Ok, interview went great, was told I was a great candidate for the position, taken up to HR to talk to them and complete more paperwork. A few days later had to fill out some more things on line for my back ground check and for my references, ok done. I get the call I have been waiting for. HR called and offered me the position I accepted. She is giving me all this information about where I have to go to take the drug test and the physical, and fingerprints. Now I'm excited writing all this information down with a big ole smile on my face. She tell me to hold on because I have to talk to a nurse. While I'm holding on I'm doing the happy dance (the Carlton, you know, from Fresh Prince), so she returns to the phone and says, well the nurse is busy right now so I left your name and number for her so she can call you, still doing the Carlton, I said ok and then just as we were saying our good byes and thanking each other she said, "Oh, I don't know if I mentioned to you that you have to take a nicotine test." Nicotine test what is that for, I said, because I smoke and does that mean yall don't hire people who smoke? Oh yes, she said, we just started the nicotine testing in January. My little feelings were hurt when I had to decline the position. I wanted to say, that I applied for the position in November does that count? But I just thanked her and hung up the phone feeling really discrimated against because I smoke cigarettes. This process started on April 26 and ended on May 9, if they would have mentioned this in the application process they wouldn't have wasted my time and their time. SMH

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.