What's the company culture at MEDASSURANT?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (44)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at MEDASSURANT?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at MEDASSURANT?

Reply - Report abuse

Kozzie in Michigan

96 months ago

xemp in Baltimore, Maryland said: The culture is average leaning towards more formal.

Beware of the promises hiring managers make - They are not fully aware of the company policies and tend to make promises that WILL NOT be KEPT.

Pros :- Independent working style with little intervention from superiors. Not very particular about the timing - but I believe that is dept specific.

Cons :- The company is not employee friendly. The HR directors and upper management treats everyone as temporary employees and lack retention policies. Benefits are poor and promises not delivered. Employee moral was very low when I was there (until Sep 08) Work very adhoc.

Be sure to interact with some employees and know what you are getting into.

This scares me because I just became aware of this company and I plan on talking to an HR manager about a position thats available this week. I just wonder if this opportunity would be a wise choice?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Brooklyn Girl in Brooklyn, New York

96 months ago

I have worked for Medassurant for close to a year now. When they first hired me I was supposed to be a full time employee. At first they did schedule me for full time work. But as time went on my hours became less and less. They keep hiring more people and don't have enough work to go around. If you are counting on steady work this is NOT the place to be! Like the other email stated their promises are not kept. They also don't recognize good workers. I count on them to pay my bills and unfortunately it's really not working out. I try contacting them requesting for more work and they just say they are trying. In the mean time I met up with someone the other day and she was just hired. It makes no sense to me how they can hire more people when the people that they already have don't have steady work?

Reply - Report abuse

ntan in Rockville, Maryland

92 months ago

I was there as an IT guy, for about 4 months. In that period, almost 18 software developers quit the company. I had joined the company, with an intention to work long term. I was even thought of buying a house nearby. Not a good company to work for, in DC Metro Area. Talk to people working over there, before you join.

Reply - Report abuse

joiful26 in Hyattsville, Maryland

84 months ago

Hello, I'm scheduled for an interview in Bowie, MD in an IT position. Lots of post talk about compensation, I'm assuming those are nursing positions? For nTan, can you share why you left the IT dept? I'm working for a solid company now, kinda adhoc and lack process, it's the distance that's the challenge (currently 2+ Hrs) a day (100 Miles) daily on the road. The Medassurant Bowie location is much closer to home, but I don't want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire. You can reply to me directly if you like. Thanks.

Reply - Report abuse

X-in Texas in El Paso, Texas

76 months ago

I start work on the 08/27/2010 as Data Collector, What can I look forward to with this company?

Reply - Report abuse

Keeplooking in Kennesaw, Georgia

76 months ago

August 9th was my first day. Almost from the beginning I had doubts about this company. Constantly being told we cannot be paid until this is done or that is done. Now it seems that it may be another 3-4 weeks before we start getting work. Just google Medassurant or go to the BBB. Medassurant is not even affiliated with them. HMM!!!! No continuity in being given information. I am now being told that paperwork I sent in to Medassurant in their own prepaid 2 day airbill 10 days ago was never received and I cannot be paid for training until it is found. I guess if you only want to work very parttime with 6-8 weeks of no work at a time, this job may be for you. I only wish Ihad not given this company so much personal info. Is there anyone else out there with the same issues?

Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

We were told during webinar training that we were getting in on the ground floor of chart reviews. We would be experts in this field. This is where healthcare is going. Well, I read info in forums from 3 years ago and new hires were being told the same thing then. The company also said it was going through "GROWING PAINS". I read those words from years ago also. The company also does not encourage you to communicate with other class members or new hires. We were told that last day of Webinar. The company wants you to do all communication with anyone through their website on your laptop. HMMM!!! I have a very scarey feeling about this company.

Reply - Report abuse

Daisy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

Keeplooking in Kennesaw, Georgia said: August 9th was my first day. Almost from the beginning I had doubts about this company. Constantly being told we cannot be paid until this is done or that is done. Now it seems that it may be another 3-4 weeks before we start getting work. Just google Medassurant or go to the BBB. Medassurant is not even affiliated with them. HMM!!!! No continuity in being given information. I am now being told that paperwork I sent in to Medassurant in their own prepaid 2 day airbill 10 days ago was never received and I cannot be paid for training until it is found. I guess if you only want to work very parttime with 6-8 weeks of no work at a time, this job may be for you. I only wish Ihad not given this company so much personal info. Is there anyone else out there with the same issues?

The other reservation I have about the company is that there are several job duties that are not considered paid time - which really should be. I was told by an expert that this is not legal. I don't feel that it's right to expect an exployee to be doing prep work on their computer, and not be paid for it. I question this.

Reply - Report abuse

Keeplooking in Acworth, Georgia

74 months ago

Daisy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: The other reservation I have about the company is that there are several job duties that are not considered paid time - which really should be. I was told by an expert that this is not legal. I don't feel that it's right to expect an exployee to be doing prep work on their computer, and not be paid for it. I question this.[/QUO

I quit working for the company last month. I was going to sites that either had no idea why I was there, or the charts to be reviewed were not at that office. I used my personal cell over 300 min in 3 weeks calling Medassurant to straighten out errors made by their schedulers. Company is a joke. Wasted 6 weeks of my time with them. If you ever mail back your laptop, make sure you get tracking # for your own piece of mind.

Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Keeplooking in Acworth, Georgia said:

Sorry to hear that - I've been w/them about 2 mos, and it's been OK. FYI - They told us in training that you can request at least a portion of your cell phone bill for reimbursement, and advised us to look under the manual or srsa section for this. You may want to call them to see if you can submit for this if you no longer have computer.

Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Keeplooking in Acworth, Georgia said:

also - are we not to bill for the time it takes to set up our equipmt at the dr's office? That all takes a while to even log in, let alone set things up.

Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

Okay, reading all these posts makes me even more leary than I was in the beginning. I am to start next month, signed on for the 24hr/week. I'm only looking to supplement, and would be okay with just 20hrs total for 2 weeks times. Is something I should even continue to pursue, or should I not even fill out all the paperwork??

Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

If you are only looking to supplement this will probably work for you. It is a very unsteady job. I paid parking at 2 places in 1 week and then was not able to work due to the office not having the client list for me. Not much support from Bowie office. A lot of work was done on my part for free. Inability to ever be paid for passport photos. I sent in the original receipt. It was a waste of my time. Good luck to you.

Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Sam in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Okay, reading all these posts makes me even more leary than I was in the beginning. I am to start next month, signed on for the 24hr/week. I'm only looking to supplement, and would be okay with just 20hrs total for 2 weeks times. Is something I should even continue to pursue, or should I not even fill out all the paperwork??

I would go ahead - overall it's a good/interesting job. Right now there is more than enough work to do from home if you do not have the 24 hrs-worth of assignments. Not sure how long this will last though.

Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Keeplooking in Kennesaw, Georgia said: If you are only looking to supplement this will probably work for you. It is a very unsteady job. I paid parking at 2 places in 1 week and then was not able to work due to the office not having the client list for me. Not much support from Bowie office. A lot of work was done on my part for free. Inability to ever be paid for passport photos. I sent in the original receipt. It was a waste of my time. Good luck to you.

I sent in my photo receipt, and got reimbursed - it does take about 2-3 wks for processing we were told.

Reply - Report abuse

LISA in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

Did Chart reviews ... Do what they want and you will be flooded with work. They want to get ICD-9 codes that would show the patients are suffering from more chronic diseases than they were diagnosed by the physician. If you can do that you will be rewarded. Just scan in a made up extra sheet into the DCT and you will score a goal. That will make every one happy.

If you report the actual finds ... still U might get little work. The company makes good money on chart reviews but much more when you get an extended ICD-9.

The RC's try to record your time in DCT .. you spent per chart review. DCT uses the computer clock to record into there system. Change the computer time. If its 10 AM now make it 8 AM and change back to normal time just before finishing an review. You will get full 2 hrs of extra work time.

Work smart and the company will reward you. Good Luck.

Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

LISA in Houston, Texas said: Did Chart reviews ... Do what they want and you will be flooded with work. They want to get ICD-9 codes that would show the patients are suffering from more chronic diseases than they were diagnosed by the physician. If you can do that you will be rewarded. Just scan in a made up extra sheet into the DCT and you will score a goal. That will make every one happy.

If you report the actual finds ... still U might get little work. The company makes good money on chart reviews but much more when you get an extended ICD-9.

The RC's try to record your time in DCT .. you spent per chart review. DCT uses the computer clock to record into there system. Change the computer time. If its 10 AM now make it 8 AM and change back to normal time just before finishing an review. You will get full 2 hrs of extra work time.

Work smart and the company will reward you. Good Luck.

Don't know what you mean about changing the time. I often open a review at home, get called away, come back/log on, and then get up for something else. I keep track of the time, and keep restarting my time, so it doesn't look like it took me 4x longer than it should to do a review. I hope they're not thinking it's taking me all the time I'm away from the computer to do a review!

Reply - Report abuse

Disappointed in Seattle, Washington

72 months ago

X-in Texas in El Paso, Texas said: I start work on the 08/27/2010 as Data Collector, What can I look forward to with this company?

I started working with this Co a couple of months ago & it has been a huge disappointment. I was told I was being hired full time as a data collector & I am lucky if I get 10 hours per week of work. One week I worked 1 hour. When I asked why I wasn't working I was told there was a hold up with the Insurance Co they were working with. I was then given a date when the work would "be released", still no work. I was then told by a somewhat miffed RC that it could not be helped because it was so difficult getting the clients (MD offices and clinics) to respond to setting up appt to collect data...I have gotten one excuse after another but almost no work. This is not just the case for data collectors, I had a rare opportunity to work with a RN recently and was told this has been the case for her for 2 years. Also when I have been scheduled to work the travel distances have been unbelieveable at times and I am not paid for travel time. I have sometimes been scheduled so far away that between travel & actual hours worked I have put in 12-13 hours and only paid for 6-8 hrs of work depending on how long it took to scan the charts. After 4.5 hours of driving, six hours of work I have to come home and upload for sometimes up to an hour that I am not paid for. When I asked why I was not paid for this time I was told because it "only takes a few minutes", it doesn't. I should have known there was somehting wrong during the webinar training when half the people did not have their equipement & so much time was wasted on this. Also, I just saw that the Co is still advertising to hire in my area while I'm begging for work! If you ask a question,either they don't know the answer, you get 3 different answers or your told they will get back to you and don't. I have had to reopen my unemployment claim since starting with this mess of a Co.

Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Yes, as a nurse, I've had almost no work for the past 3-4 wks now. I'm tired of struggling to make ends meet, and am looking for a similar job.

Reply - Report abuse

Mysis in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

71 months ago

This company makes promises that it cannot fulfill so be careful. You are not paid for much of the time you actually work. The only tme you are paid for is when you review charts and yes, they will pay .50 cents per mile for travel. These are the things you will not be paid for.
1. Troubleshooting problems with the laptop and scanner (I constantly spend hours on the phone with IT trying to resolve problems with equiptment).
2. When equiptment is in working order the software that you use may not be...another call to IT to try to resolve the issue.
3. The night before going onsite to review charts you need to "download" where you will be driving to. The morning of the assignemnet you need to again download where you are driving to as it may change. This is a problem if the distance you need to travel has changed.
4. Before you leave your house you need to disconnect and pack up the laptop and scanner to take with you.
The above are just a few "time involved" things not paid for. As well, you are not paid for your electric, telephone, internet connection, office supplies and and many other items. If you are on site and have a problem you are expected to contact MA via your cell phone to resolve any problems. (You need to leave the premises to speak with MA about the problems....this opens areas for other issues that are too involved to mention here)
I believe the concept of MA is a good one and would have a bright future. Unfortuantly, they appear to have so many "middle management" type personell without adequate knoweledge as well several different answers for the same questions asked.
MA needs to assess there employee structure. MA needs to have skilled, loyal and committed employees.....I do not see this to be the case. Most people I have contacted have been rude and not helpful at all. In fact, yesterday, I called my Employee Relations Coordinator" to find out when there would be work. Continued....

Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Continued....
She told me she had been telling all of her people (I guess I am one of her "people") to find other jobs.
I would not work for this company again as you need to commit to a minimum of 24 hours per week (actually more like a 35 hour committment). You are EXPECTED to me there when they need you BUT if they have no work for you....you are still EXPECTED to be there (without pay of course).

I would not recommend working for this company until they reorganise their employee structure. I believe the only way they can survive is to get rid of the multi-layers of management and employ full-time qualified staff. And some qualified trainers would certainly be of help. Anyway, enough rambling as I have many other thoughts as to how MA can better their company....but I highly doubt they want input, or at least that is how they present themselves.

Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Mysis in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Continued....
She told me she had been telling all of her people (I guess I am one of her "people") to find other jobs.
I would not work for this company again as you need to commit to a minimum of 24 hours per week (actually more like a 35 hour committment). You are EXPECTED to me there when they need you BUT if they have no work for you....you are still EXPECTED to be there (without pay of course).

I would not recommend working for this company until they reorganise their employee structure. I believe the only way they can survive is to get rid of the multi-layers of management and employ full-time qualified staff. And some qualified trainers would certainly be of help. Anyway, enough rambling as I have many other thoughts as to how MA can better their company....but I highly doubt they want input, or at least that is how they present themselves.

I really question how we can be expected to not take other work during those 24 hrs, but not be paid anything while we're sitting home without work. Every state has different laws, and in PA, I believe it is illegal to not pay for any time that you're engaged in work-related duties. (such as downloading, checking email etc)

Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Hi Daisy,

It is difficult to determine what MedAssurants goal is in regard to staff retention. You have many levels of management that you need to deal with, i.e. Employee Relations Coordinators, Review Coordinators, Lead Review Coordinators, Lead Employee Relations Coordinators and so on. (not to mention that most of us don't know who our coordinator is due to the constant staff turnover of the coordinators)

Is MA aware of all the issues with staff retention and the culture (attitude) in the company (at the office and remotely)? Don't they realise that word gets around and there will come a time when they will not be able to get any staff because of the poor reputation?) They seem to be aware of the problems as they retain employee relations and Lead Employee Relations Coordinators (most that I have dealt with are rude and not helpful at all).

Would it not be wiser to hire data collectors to go to sites to scan all documents? And then have nurse coders review the charts remotely?? I mean, instead of hiring both a coder and a nurse to review the charts separately....simply hire a nurse coder? It seems far more efficient and cost effective. I am told other companies are beginning to do this.....have full time certified nurse coders.

Thanks for the info regarding state laws...I will look into it.

Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Mysis in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi Daisy,

It is difficult to determine what MedAssurants goal is in regard to staff retention. You have many levels of management that you need to deal with, i.e. Employee Relations Coordinators, Review Coordinators, Lead Review Coordinators, Lead Employee Relations Coordinators and so on. (not to mention that most of us don't know who our coordinator is due to the constant staff turnover of the coordinators)

Is MA aware of all the issues with staff retention and the culture (attitude) in the company (at the office and remotely)? Don't they realise that word gets around and there will come a time when they will not be able to get any staff because of the poor reputation?) They seem to be aware of the problems as they retain employee relations and Lead Employee Relations Coordinators (most that I have dealt with are rude and not helpful at all).

Would it not be wiser to hire data collectors to go to sites to scan all documents? And then have nurse coders review the charts remotely?? I mean, instead of hiring both a coder and a nurse to review the charts separately....simply hire a nurse coder? It seems far more efficient and cost effective. I am told other companies are beginning to do this.....have full time certified nurse coders.

Thanks for the info regarding state laws...I will look into it.

Are you in the coding division? I'm in CI. One good thing is the ability to work remotely from home, where I think other ins companies have their people at an office/insurance company. I've thought about taking a coding course. did MA provide you with the coding training, or did you obtain it on your own?

Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Daisy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Are you in the coding division? I'm in CI. One good thing is the ability to work remotely from home, where I think other ins companies have their people at an office/insurance company. I've thought about taking a coding course. did MA provide you with the coding training, or did you obtain it on your own?

Daisy,

I obtained coding certification on my own.

Reply - Report abuse

WorkingElsewhere in Mesa, Arizona

71 months ago

Be prepared to be treated in nothing but an insolent fashion.

Assignments are made by persons who have zero experience in the medical records industry and haven't a clue of the work being done in the field.

Rumor had it that while persons were struggling and hoping for assignments, coordinators were passing the time doing puzzles at their desks.

When you do arrive at an assignment, be prepared to be expected to explain off the odd and ignorant behavior of the coordinator. On your dime, of course.

Very poor organization, amazing that they remain in business. Move on and find someone who might have a clue on how to work with remote employees.

Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

WorkingElsewhere in Mesa, Arizona said: Be prepared to be treated in nothing but an insolent fashion.

Assignments are made by persons who have zero experience in the medical records industry and haven't a clue of the work being done in the field.

Rumor had it that while persons were struggling and hoping for assignments, coordinators were passing the time doing puzzles at their desks.

When you do arrive at an assignment, be prepared to be expected to explain off the odd and ignorant behavior of the coordinator. On your dime, of course.

Very poor organization, amazing that they remain in business. Move on and find someone who might have a clue on how to work with remote employees.

I'm looking for something else too - I spent several hours one day, only to be able to download a few minutes worth of work. I think it's a shame though - we went thru a lot of training to do the work, and now to have to find a completely different job - AGAIN.

Reply - Report abuse

ammethystt in Eugene, Oregon

71 months ago

Keeplooking in Kennesaw, Georgia said: August 9th was my first day. Almost from the beginning I had doubts about this company. Constantly being told we cannot be paid until this is done or that is done. Now it seems that it may be another 3-4 weeks before we start getting work. Just google Medassurant or go to the BBB. Medassurant is not even affiliated with them. HMM!!!! No continuity in being given information. I am now being told that paperwork I sent in to Medassurant in their own prepaid 2 day airbill 10 days ago was never received and I cannot be paid for training until it is found. I guess if you only want to work very parttime with 6-8 weeks of no work at a time, this job may be for you. I only wish Ihad not given this company so much personal info. Is there anyone else out there with the same issues?

Like you said-- you go to work for this company with the expectation of being able to pay your bills. I trained as an SDC in 12/2010; it is now February and I have YET to set out and perform my first review. Kinda sucks-- you open your SRSA hoping ( with fingers crossed) that there will be an assignment magically appear. Also, to have to devote 24 hours of UNPAID time per week is ridiculous-- especially when you could go to work somewhere else on those days and actually bring home the bacon!

Reply - Report abuse

celia2 in Hampton Falls, New Hampshire

71 months ago

I just took the week long webinar and it was a joke. A lady sat and read what was on the screen to me. I took the test (50 questions and you can only get 3 wrong) twice and did not pass. 3 wrong unrealistic as there were trick questions and questions that involved "situational" cases they didn't even review. As far as having to be "available 40 hours per week" but not "having 40 hours per week" is ridiculous. Who ever heard of such a thing. I did it because I am desparate for a job, but kind of glad I didn't pass the test. Sounds like a nightmare of a job to me. Besides the test is geared for people applying for jobs that have experience in coding.

Reply - Report abuse

mrsmrs in Bowie, Maryland

70 months ago

RUN FAR AWAY!!! This company has no idea what they are doing! Their HR department doesn't have basic policies that are needed to run a company. Their benefits are horrible and very costly. There is no support from upper management and all you have to do is complain to HR for all hell to break loose. Not a stable company to work for....... RUN!

Reply - Report abuse

disappointed in Cape Coral, Florida

69 months ago

Disappointed in Seattle, Washington said: I started working with this Co a couple of months ago & it has been a huge disappointment. I was told I was being hired full time as a data collector & I am lucky if I get 10 hours per week of work. One week I worked 1 hour. When I asked why I wasn't working I was told there was a hold up with the Insurance Co they were working with. I was then given a date when the work would "be released", still no work. I was then told by a somewhat miffed RC that it could not be helped because it was so difficult getting the clients (MD offices and clinics) to respond to setting up appt to collect data...I have gotten one excuse after another but almost no work. This is not just the case for data collectors, I had a rare opportunity to work with a RN recently and was told this has been the case for her for 2 years. Also when I have been scheduled to work the travel distances have been unbelieveable at times and I am not paid for travel time. I have sometimes been scheduled so far away that between travel & actual hours worked I have put in 12-13 hours and only paid for 6-8 hrs of work depending on how long it took to scan the charts. After 4.5 hours of driving, six hours of work I have to come home and upload for sometimes up to an hour that I am not paid for. When I asked why I was not paid for this time I was told because it "only takes a few minutes", it doesn't. I should have known there was somehting wrong during the webinar training when half the people did not have their equipement & so much time was wasted on this. Also, I just saw that the Co is still advertising to hire in my area while I'm begging for work! If you ask a question,either they don't know the answer, you get 3 different answers or your told they will get back to you and don't. I have had to reopen my unemployment claim since starting with this mess of a Co.

I have the same problem but no work for months now. when i did work only had 15 hrs.

Reply - Report abuse

disappointed in Cape Coral, Florida

69 months ago

I have not worked for 3 weeks now I have e mailed several people in the company with concerns with no reply. They said in my training that if they contact you and you don;t respond within 3 days your fired well what about them not responding to you? I have been working with them for 5 months now with only 1 month of steady work, and then it was only 15 hrs. a week. I am sending my equipment back to them.

Reply - Report abuse

CJ in Hamden, Connecticut

67 months ago

I'm glad I read these posts! I was going to apply to this company today after seeing an ad on Craigslist. I think I'm going to pass.

Have any of you contacted the labor department in your state to find out what your rights are or to file a complaint?

Reply - Report abuse

Angie R in Altus, Oklahoma

63 months ago

Mysis in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Daisy,

I obtained coding certification on my own.

Daisy, or anyone else.....can you explain what exactly the CI is; what the work entails? I'm trying to decide between taking the class for CARA or CI.

Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Angie R in Altus, Oklahoma said: Daisy, or anyone else.....can you explain what exactly the CI is; what the work entails? I'm trying to decide between taking the class for CARA or CI.

You're trained to do several different types of reviews, but the one we did the most when actually working was to determine if a physician performed a high-level visit (extended/in depth exam, history, etc). I don't know much about CARA, since I was not involved in that. Good luck.

Reply - Report abuse

Fed-up in Ocean Springs, Mississippi

60 months ago

I was just laid off due to the CI program being closed. Was promised a package and now R is saying that they have no record of my termination after a week and a half. There were periods that there was NO work, IT problems were frequent and while you had to stay and keep trying to get reviews to do but not paid for this time. I have lost many hours just sitting and waiting for IT problems to be resolved. IT is slow to respond to problems. I was already looking for another job as I hated what I was doing. The only good thing was working from home. The cultur in this company is horrible. Employees are treated very rudely for asking questions ( I NEVER asked anything). I have heard instructers yelling things like "How many times do I have to answer the same question?" Do NOT work for this company unless you are desperate. No one cares about you. There are no paid holidays, PTO, Sick time, or beneits of any kind if you work remote. We are all easily disposable. If you d decide to work for them--GOOD LUCK!

Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Seriously, Lisa in Houston, you are a nurse and are telling others to "make up a fake piece of chart" and stick it in to make it look like you are finding codes"?

That's illegal, immoral; against your nursing license, and against HIPAA regulations.

And, 7 other idiots clicked the button "Yes" in answer to the question "Was this comment helpful"

Guess they let anybody take the NCLEX in Texas.

Reply - Report abuse

Fed-up in Ocean Springs, Mississippi

60 months ago

I doubt she meant it like that. There are strict guidelines on what kind of dcument that the nurses can use to "code" from or to pick up a DX. It has to be within the body of the MD note (or other accepted provider) to be used to up code. Then there are people that do overreads and it wouldbe noted as an error. She would not do it long if he did do it.

Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

if you go back and read it, you will see that thats exactly how she meant it. If she is taking a blank page and forging a quick doctors note.....and signs it to look like the other doctor's signature, then she could get away with it for a long time, as she probably did. The overreaders would look only to see that there was a valid signature.
She's a cheat and she got away with it for a while. If Lisa is her real name, they already know about her.

Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Fed-up in Ocean Springs, Mississippi said: I was just laid off due to the CI program being closed. Was promised a package and now R is saying that they have no record of my termination after a week and a half. There were periods that there was NO work, IT problems were frequent and while you had to stay and keep trying to get reviews to do but not paid for this time. I have lost many hours just sitting and waiting for IT problems to be resolved. IT is slow to respond to problems. I was already looking for another job as I hated what I was doing. The only good thing was working from home. The cultur in this company is horrible. Employees are treated very rudely for asking questions ( I NEVER asked anything). I have heard instructers yelling things like "How many times do I have to answer the same question?" Do NOT work for this company unless you are desperate. No one cares about you. There are no paid holidays, PTO, Sick time, or beneits of any kind if you work remote. We are all easily disposable. If you d decide to work for them--GOOD LUCK!

If you have experience with medical necessity (interqual/Milliman), the medicare RACS are hiring.

Reply - Report abuse

K74 in Kalamazoo, Michigan

38 months ago

Brooklyn Girl in Brooklyn, New York said: I have worked for Medassurant for close to a year now. When they first hired me I was supposed to be a full time employee. At first they did schedule me for full time work. But as time went on my hours became less and less. They keep hiring more people and don't have enough work to go around. If you are counting on steady work this is NOT the place to be! Like the other email stated their promises are not kept. They also don't recognize good workers. I count on them to pay my bills and unfortunately it's really not working out. I try contacting them requesting for more work and they just say they are trying. In the mean time I met up with someone the other day and she was just hired. It makes no sense to me how they can hire more people when the people that they already have don't have steady work?

I totally agree with this accessment.

Reply - Report abuse

K74 in Kalamazoo, Michigan

38 months ago

Kozzie in Michigan said: This scares me because I just became aware of this company and I plan on talking to an HR manager about a position thats available this week. I just wonder if this opportunity would be a wise choice?

Not if you are looking for steady work. They promise lots of work, then hire people after you who get more work than you, the experienced person, receives..what a way to run a business. I wish the president read these comments, so he could improve the company.

Reply - Report abuse

Barb in Cape Coral, Florida

27 months ago

Fed-up in Ocean Springs, Mississippi said: I was just laid off due to the CI program being closed. Was promised a package and now R is saying that they have no record of my termination after a week and a half. There were periods that there was NO work, IT problems were frequent and while you had to stay and keep trying to get reviews to do but not paid for this time. I have lost many hours just sitting and waiting for IT problems to be resolved. IT is slow to respond to problems. I was already looking for another job as I hated what I was doing. The only good thing was working from home. The cultur in this company is horrible. Employees are treated very rudely for asking questions ( I NEVER asked anything). I have heard instructers yelling things like "How many times do I have to answer the same question?" Do NOT work for this company unless you are desperate. No one cares about you. There are no paid holidays, PTO, Sick time, or beneits of any kind if you work remote. We are all easily disposable. If you d decide to work for them--GOOD LUCK!

I can totally identify. The environment was very hostile at times. Lots of turnover in all departments. Even in training some of the teachers could not agree on the correct answer... frustrating. The initial reviewers were not doing their part of their work but yet the overeader was expected to keep up productivity. They said that they value quality over quantity but over time all they cared was how many charts were coded regardless of quality. No respect or appreciation for quality employees and again, very hostile management. Terrible!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.