Medical Staffing Network News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Medical Staffing Network stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

MDrecruiter

81 months ago

they are nuts, period.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Wakay in Fresno, Texas

80 months ago

I do not know much about Allied but I met the meanest Nurse today and she happens to work for this company. I don't know how you people interview but I think she is psycho. I think you should check her mental status. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Wakay in Fresno, Texas

80 months ago

Can you please tell me how I could contact the Nursing recruiter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MDrecruiter

80 months ago

Wakay in Fresno, Texas said: Can you please tell me how I could contact the Nursing recruiter?

just call the local office...they are probably rude there too

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

NurseRN in Baltimore, Maryland

70 months ago

MDrecruiter said: just call the local office...they are probably rude there too

You are so right. I've never dealt with people so rude and obnoxious before.. They try and treat you like sugar to get you in, then they are complete jerks. You'd better hope you never have to call out for any reason because they are so horrible to you. I called and never got an answer. I called an on-call number because I didn't know who else to contact inorder to speak to a real person and not a machine....when I called the office back again, a rude lady answered the phone and basically called me a liar, saying I didn't try and call earlier because the phone never rang! I mean, please, do I need to show them my phone records to show them I did call more than once? If this is how you treat your employees, then I don't want to work for you.....and neither do the three other nurses that I was personally trying to recruit to MSN...they agree...you are NOT a good company to work for!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MDrecruiter

70 months ago

report it to their corporate office in Boca Raton, although they wont care either. Ever since they merged with Intelistaf, they all have their heads on backwards there and noses are up in the air.
They arent doing so well though....their stock plummeted (as everyone's did) and they literally got booted off the NY stock exchange because they were too risky for investors. Maybe they will sink, as did their customer service.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Exec99 in Nazareth, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Medical Staffing Network stack up against the competition?

I've worked for this company for six years in the Allentown area and I can honestly say I was consistently treated like family. I hate to hear all of the negative things people are saying and I'm not sure why because I sure haven't been treated badly. They have sent me on numerous travel assignments as well and they checked to see that I was taken care of every time. I've never had a shortage of assignments either. I have nothing but good things to report. As far as I'm concerned I'm staying with MSN!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Exec99 in Nazareth, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

Wakay in Fresno, Texas said: Can you please tell me how I could contact the Nursing recruiter?

Call the local branch and ask for the Recruiter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MDrecruiter

70 months ago

it's all about the local office, sugar. I worked with them for several years in two different offices in the Midwest. One office was so-so. the other one (Milwaukee) absolutely the worst customer service. I was with them through the Intelistaf merger and I can say prior to the merger they were fine. After the Merger is when they fell apart. Amazes me, they spend 90 million dollars on a ahit hole agency as Intelistaf, and it turns a perfectly good agency (MSN) right down the sink hole. Money well spent...NOT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

MDrecruiter

70 months ago

Do yourself a favor...dont call them at all. Call another firm.

70 months ago

To contact the nurse recruiter, you need to find a local branch, that is if you are going to work for MSN... go to the main website and you will be directed from there...you may get a number from another branch, but they can direct you from there...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

MDrecruiter

70 months ago

Oh PLEASE spare me...you call the local branch and you never get the local branch...you get some nimrod in FloriDAAAAAA their corporate office. Bunch of hypocritical idiots at this pithole agency. They screw with your pay, have the worst assignemnts, trust me, go somewhere else.

70 months ago

Exec99 in Nazareth, Pennsylvania said: I've worked for this company for six years in the Allentown area and I can honestly say I was consistently treated like family. I hate to hear all of the negative things people are saying and I'm not sure why because I sure haven't been treated badly. They have sent me on numerous travel assignments as well and they checked to see that I was taken care of every time. I've never had a shortage of assignments either. I have nothing but good things to report. As far as I'm concerned I'm staying with MSN!

My comment was not against MSN in general...it was about the balitmore, md branch... i was harrassed from the manager there about something not in my file, which was in no way my fault..it was their lack of "get it together" from the get go..she tried to tell me I was "incompliant" if it wasn't completed... "hello, how am i incompliant if it wasn't my fault?" I've also experienced problems from a couple other people there..The complete lack of respect and treating employees the way you would want to be treated...is highly lacking there... I'm completely disappointed with them...I'm already starting work with a new agency due to this...

me in San Diego, California

63 months ago

NurseRN in Baltimore, Maryland said: You are so right. I've never dealt with people so rude and obnoxious before.. They try and treat you like sugar to get you in, then they are complete jerks. You'd better hope you never have to call out for any reason because they are so horrible to you. I called and never got an answer. I called an on-call number because I didn't know who else to contact inorder to speak to a real person and not a machine....when I called the office back again, a rude lady answered the phone and basically called me a liar, saying I didn't try and call earlier because the phone never rang! I mean, please, do I need to show them my phone records to show them I did call more than once? If this is how you treat your employees, then I don't want to work for you.....and neither do the three other nurses that I was personally trying to recruit to MSN...they agree...you are NOT a good company to work for!

I searched to see if anyone else had had a similar situation with Medical Staffing Services. I'm more than willing to share the fact that I just had the rudest conversation I've ever had! The rep called me from a jobs available posting I'd replied to. He VERY QUICKLY stated what he wanted me to send him. I asked a question. He VERY QUICKLY restated what he needed and hung up on me!
I called back. He actually reprimanded me for calling his cell phone number. Why would he think I'd had his cell phone number? I had called the 800 number he had given me - he must have had it on relay. He could not answer the question about how long it takes to place me after info is rec'd and then he started to repeat, VERY FAST, the info he'd said before. I've truly never experienced anyone so rude.

National Recruiter in Lombard, Illinois

63 months ago

me in San Diego, California said: I searched to see if anyone else had had a similar situation with Medical Staffing Services. I'm more than willing to share the fact that I just had the rudest conversation I've ever had! The rep called me from a jobs available posting I'd replied to. He VERY QUICKLY stated what he wanted me to send him. I asked a question. He VERY QUICKLY restated what he needed and hung up on me!
I called back. He actually reprimanded me for calling his cell phone number. Why would he think I'd had his cell phone number? I had called the 800 number he had given me - he must have had it on relay. He could not answer the question about how long it takes to place me after info is rec'd and then he started to repeat, VERY FAST, the info he'd said before. I've truly never experienced anyone so rude.

Yikes! I am very sorry you were treated that way. All I can say is there are some bad recruiters out there and recruiters can make or break an agency...you should have reported him. I recruit for the company and would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

You can email me at recruiter@MSNHealth.com and we can exchange contact info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.