MedImmune, Inc. Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (23)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at MedImmune, Inc.?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Gaithersburg in Gaithersburg, Maryland

99 months ago

I interviewed with them last year and got the job. Its a great company to work for.
But...Be prepared for a 6 hour interview from about 9 to 10 people.
Same questions asked in different ways by various interviewers.
Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Sloan Bee in Massachusetts

82 months ago

I interviewed with MedImmune last week after an initial phone screen with the hiring manager and a subsequent call from their recruiting from, Just Right. I know, backwards but the hirig manager wanted to move straight away. They made all the travel arrangements and sent me an itinerary which included 1/2 hour conversations with 14 people... basically, everyone in the group from Associates up to Directors and even the Vice President. It was intense but we ran like a well-oiled machine the entire day. I slept well on the plane! :)
As far as the questions... they were the basics: why do you want the job, what do you think you could offer, etc. I was honest and forthright and overall very impressed with the group i met with. They requested refs and I guess we'll take it from there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jeet0929 in Buffalo, New York

82 months ago

Hey Sloan, so how long did it take them to call you after the phone interview ? could you please give me more details about the phone intvw you had? How many phone interviews did you have before they called you for on site interview? I just gave one and it was mostly HR talk what I did and what not etc no technical stuff.
Please reply back. And finally did you get the offer ?

Best wishes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sloan Bee in Massachusetts

82 months ago

email to phone screen to in-person interview all happened in a week's time. but again, mine was backwards. i spoke the science first and then was contacted by the HR firm. the phone screen with the hiring manager was all science. the phone screen with HR was all about relo and compensation and some basic 'why did you leave here and here' type questions. in reality, this would have been reversed.
all in all i had an email on sunday, a phone screen on monday and a travel itinerary by wed. for travel the following thursday. it was all crazy quick.
i have not received an offer. god luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

jeet0929 in Buffalo, New York

82 months ago

Thank you for your reply Sloan Bee, I appreciate that.

I guess usual process goes a little slower, they sent me an email on Friday asking me for phone talk in the coming week on any day of my choice and time they had available. I picked Tuesday and the lady talked about relocation, compensation etc and was making notes on what I was telling her.

When I called today to the number she gave me to check the status, a person told me that I am passed through the phone intvw and hiring manager should get in touch with me. She did not tell me when is that gonna happen? So I am keeping my fingers crossed to hear back something positive. Let's see how it goes ?

I will keep posting my experience here and you also please do the same, hopefully these discussions will help someone later.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

hero8848 in New York, New York

81 months ago

Hi jeet0929, have your proceeded to on-site interview? If so, how long did it take for the hiring manager to contact you?

I had a telephone interview last Thursday. I have not heard from them yet, and I am wondering when I should contact them...

Thanks, wish the best for your job search & career!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jeet0929 in New York

81 months ago

Hi hero8848 ..
Well not yet. It's been more than three weeks when I had my phone interview and no replies so far. I called them at the number they have on their career site when you login and they say I qualified in the phone interview and they have forwarded my file to the hiring manager, and he/she will be getting in touch with me. But when ? no one knows that. So I am keeping my fingers and the whole body crossed to hear something back from them :) I will update the thread once I hear anything.

Did you get a call for Maryland location ?

81 months ago

jeet0929, Thanks for your reply!! I don't remember the location for the phone call I received. But from the questions asked, I am pretty sure it is from a third party. It has been two weeks since the phone interview. I also called that number to follow up & got the same answer as yours. So I guess it's probably the standard thing they give out. Let's hope for the best for both of us!

zzawahir in Los Angeles, California

80 months ago

hi.

this might be an odd question, but here it is. i am a recent PhD in pharmaceutical sciences, and have applied to several Scientist 1/ Associate Scientist jobs at medimmune. i would love to be able to interview at the company -- i've heard many good things about their pipeline, and am trying to find some contact info for their HR department/ hiring managers, etc.

did you guys just apply through the company website? how long did you have to wait, if so? are there any specific recruiters that work with medimmune? can anybody give me some contact information for the ocmpany -- i'm worried that my resume might just get lost in a 'sea' of other resumes.

i'm reasonably sure i'm qualified for the posts i applied for ;) for whatever reason, while researching bio-pharmas, i've become enamored. not to mention it's close to D.C., one of my favorite cities.

thanks for your help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Hi zzawahir,

Well.. at this point, I am still waiting for their reply. It has been complete silence after the phone interview. I would love an on-site interview too, but oh well.. we shall see.

Yes, I submitted my resume through the company website & they sent an email to schedule a phone interview the second day. I don't know about the recruiter.

Anyways, good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

zzawahir in Los Angeles, California

80 months ago

thanks!

hey, i was wondering if you could let me know the number that you had to call. i am going to try to push through... i graduate in december and am pretty urgently looking for a job!

aniket deshmukh in Dallas, Texas

75 months ago

Hey jeet0929,
Have you got any response from medimmune yet?
You havenot updated since long time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

thinkofdhaval in Boston, Massachusetts

63 months ago

i had a phone interview (HR) 2 weeks ago..when asked for contact to follow up..he did not gimme ne...has ne one got the number of Gaithersburg, MD site contact details to follow up.???
it is an intern position..!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cortel in Oakton, Virginia

62 months ago

Hi all,

I am applying for marketing internship for MedImmune. I had first phone interview with recruiter. She said she will pass my CV to hiring manager. If anybody had interview with hiring manager either through phone or onsite? What was the expierence? and what kinds of question asked during interview?

Best Regards,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Coretl in Oakton, Virginia

62 months ago

thinkofdhaval in Boston, Massachusetts said: i had a phone interview (HR) 2 weeks ago..when asked for contact to follow up..he did not gimme ne...has ne one got the number of Gaithersburg, MD site contact details to follow up.???
it is an intern position..!!

Hi thinkofdhaval,

Have you had interview with hiring manager yet?.

Best Regards,

tirth16 in Boston, Massachusetts

62 months ago

Any one can please remember and write down what question were you asked in the phone interview?
Were those technical?Or mostly behavioral questions?
I have a interview on tuesday 1st june 2010.If some one can help it would be great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Coretl in Oakton, Virginia

62 months ago

tirth16 in Boston, Massachusetts said: Any one can please remember and write down what question were you asked in the phone interview?
Were those technical?Or mostly behavioral questions?
I have a interview on tuesday 1st june 2010.If some one can help it would be great.

So far I have done first interview with recruiter. They will ask you basic questions about professional and educational background. And why are you applying for MedImmune!.

I hope it will help you!

Best of Luck,

Cortel

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

tirth16 in Boston, Massachusetts

61 months ago

Done with the interview.
Questions?
What is the highest level of study?
Do you have work Authorization to work legally in US?
From when can you start?
Where is your most recent job experience?
How long have you been working there?
Tell me some situation where you have been working under shifting priorities and shifting deadlines under minimum supervision?
Tell me a situation where you have shown flexibility at work?
Tell me the most important improvement in you at work?
My work related questions?
He said he will pass on this information to the hiring manager and if selected for further interview he would be emailing me in 2 weeks?
So the wait begins.Lets see what happens guys.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

nikky in Santa Clara, California

51 months ago

hey Folks,
looks like this thread has not been updated for a long time now, was a little curious about the interview process at Medimmune so just wanted to share my experience and would be great if i could get any insight from people who have recently interviewed at medimmune ( especially for internship positions).
Just had my phone interview with the HR yesterday! the questions were easy;_
Why should we hire you?
What are the company aspects that you liked and are applying for?
What are your strengths?
Educational experience( mainly academic), cuz i am an undergrad applying for internship!
confirmed salary requirements and compensation package
and asked when i would be available to start.
He said will pass on my information to the hiring manager, and that the HM should be getting back for further processing within a week via email.
keeping my fingers crossed for now!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

swat 9 in pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

hey would u tell me what happen next?
i applied there for an internship but didnt heard yet.
any tips/suggestion?

thanks..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mihir Doshi in Boston, Massachusetts

26 months ago

What is the average compensation for an Intern in Medimmune?

Paul in Irving, Texas

19 months ago

I had a telephonic screening with Medimmune today for Associate Scientist II position and the following were the questions asked:

1. What is your highest level of education?
2. Reason for leaving the current position?
3. Reason for leaving the previous position?
4. What was the GPA you graduated with?
5. What is your current compensation?
6. What are your compensation expectations?
7. Are you ready to relocate?
8. How long would you need to join?
9. Are you okay with traveling associated with the job?
10.Define Integrity as understood by you/
11. Define a Engineering skill that you used to solve the problem of the customer?
12. Define a Engineering challenge that you encountered and what did you do?
13. Do you have any questions?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.