getting hired for 3rd shift stocker

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Chris Haring in Allendale, Michigan

84 months ago

I am getting hired at a local Meijer to be a 3rd shift stocker. The 3rd shift there is from 10pm-6am. I am going to college this fall. Do you think that even though I am going to be hired specifically for 3rd shift that I will be given an availability sheet to fill in what hours I am available during third shift? I need to be out by 4am 4 days a week if I was scheduled during those days, because I need to get up for college classes the next day for 10am class. I'm just hoping that since I'm being hired for part time employment that I will get to fill out an availability sheet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

84 months ago

You have to watch it with third shift jobs in retail businesses. Some companies lock the third shift in the building all night and you are not allowed to leave the until the doors open again for business the next day. It's a security thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

84 months ago

I mean not even to go to the parking lot to get your lunch out of the car. You best ask and get it in writing because the night shift supervisor will NOT be aware of promises made by HR in most cases.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.