How to get a job at MEN'S WEARHOUSE.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Do you work at MEN'S WEARHOUSE? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

DCharlie in Madison, Wisconsin

90 months ago

Don't be over 50 years old. If you are, and have had experience, chances are you will be put in their "Training Manager's" position they reserve for a certain segment of their candidates. Without training what so ever, the DM will come in one day and administer a "test" they give to only training managers with no possibility of passing, in order to either demote that person to the point they would, hopefully quit!

Anybody out there with the same scenario?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Batman in Mountain Home, Arkansas

25 months ago

I am considering a job offer from a newly built Men's Wearhouse. I applied for a management position, either store or assistant store manager. After going back and forth in a sort of "interview" process for a couple of weeks and after being "hired," I find out that I am only to be hired as a salesperson. They explained that they will bring in a temporary management crew for now, and most likely after a quarter, they will choose their management. The salesperson pay is comparable to what I make now, but I am currently a manager and have several years of service in at my current company. I also have decent benefits and a discount at my current job. I am nervous about making a final decision as to whether or not I leave my current job to gamble on getting one of three management positions. I am also a little hesitant since none of this was explained up front to me (seems a bit shady). The only reason I am looking to leave my current job now is to move up the ladder career and pay wise. Does anyone have any thoughts on this situation? Advice and thoughts will be most appreciated. I am almost inclined to pass and try to find a straight forward ASM position at another company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.