What's the company culture at MEN'S WEARHOUSE?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at MEN'S WEARHOUSE?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at MEN'S WEARHOUSE?

Reply - Report abuse

DCharlie in Madison, Wisconsin

81 months ago

Watching your back every minute of the day.

Managers and other "team" members of the selling staff will try to steal your sale and or customer whenever possible. Supposedly, the culture at the Men's Wearhouse is to promote team selling. The second you turn to grad a pair of shoes for your customer to try-on from the back stockroom, your fellow associates are stabbing you in the back.

The managers who are to help promote a cohesive environment, even though they are salaried, cherry pick the customers they wish to wait on and if they think a couple, (man and woman), coming in looks like a more likely candidate to make a significant purchase, those same managers will footrace their staff to that couple and strap their subordinates with some silly little job so they can get the better sale.

I'm not saying this is true of all situations, I haven't worked in other stores, only mine!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stephen107 in College Station, Texas

70 months ago

Men's wearhouse honestly is pretty laid back.
It is really hard to say for a paticular store but i have worked for 2 stores in two total different regions. Sure there were some minor changes but nothing major. The "office enviroment" is real laid back as i said. Sure people get stressed, people get mad but things are going to happen and as long as you show that you can help them than they will help you. Great company, plan on being here for atleast 4 more years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.