Menards Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Menards?

What do you like best about working at Menards? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Typical in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

85 months ago

The pay is based on your position but most positions at the corporate office and stores tend to be above the national average for your field- plus the cost of living in Eau Claire, WI (home of the HQ) is low. Definitely the best jobs in town!

Many positions at the office are incentive bonus based.

Benefits- health insurance, 401k, dental, employee discount- the best benefit is the profit sharing. Once you're peaked you get 15% of your taxable income from the previous year in one check :)

Treats- every holiday and your birthday, the president of the company sends you a gift. Usually a T shirt, hat, tool, gift certificate, mug, etc. always fun to get in the mail :)

What I like best is that you're judged on results. This turns a lot of people off. I've been passed over for promotions, raises, etc at other companies because I'm not a "favorite" but have done well here. Hard work and dedication are actually valued and compensated here!

Overall, I like the job and there are good people working here. First job I actually look forward to going into every day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

deanweller in Roselle, Illinois

10 months ago

Typical in Eau Claire, Wisconsin said: The pay is based on your position but most positions at the corporate office and stores tend to be above the national average for your field- plus the cost of living in Eau Claire, WI (home of the HQ) is low. Definitely the best jobs in town!

Many positions at the office are incentive bonus based.

Benefits- health insurance , 401k, dental , employee discount- the best benefit is the profit sharing. Once you're peaked you get 15% of your taxable income from the previous year in one check :)

Treats- every holiday and your birthday, the president of the company sends you a gift. Usually a T shirt, hat, tool, gift certificate, mug, etc. always fun to get in the mail :)

What I like best is that you're judged on results. This turns a lot of people off. I've been passed over for promotions, raises, etc at other companies because I'm not a "favorite" but have done well here. Hard work and dedication are actually valued and compensated here!

Overall, I like the job and there are good people working here. First job I actually look forward to going into every day.

Lets clarify a few things. You are clearly corporate. Lets give them a real look inside the company. The pay is lower than most in the same industry. About 12.00 an hour for management. The hours. Expect long long long long long long long long long long hours when you become a manager. 12 hour shifts with as little as 3-4 hours between shifts depending on your position. Benefits: Health is so bad you can buy a better plan out of pocket. Profit sharing doesn't pay until you've been there for a long long long time. And no promotions are still the same. At the end of the year as management your graded by your employees. If you fair poorly and are not popular your gone. By the way you will be working 363 days a year. The only days you get off are Thanksgiving and Christmas. If you have a family this is not the job for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.