How to get a job at Merck.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 134 of 134)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

l kmann in Raleigh, North Carolina

20 months ago

Cheri T in Boston, Massachusetts said: Yes I do. Are you looking for a job? What location/type of job?

Hi i live in raliegh nc does anyone happen to know anyone in this area to contact ss far ad human resources.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

vanessachristina in Durham, North Carolina

20 months ago

HR is not in north Carolina. Merck's Headquarter is in West Point.
As for applying for jobs, I went through SpectraForce.

Back in May/2012 a few people came through Manpower.

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

vanessachristina in Durham, North Carolina

20 months ago

gmorning in Louisburg, North Carolina said: Got called in for an interview this Friday!

GOOD LUCK! HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gmorning in Louisburg, North Carolina

20 months ago

vanessachristina in Durham, North Carolina said: GOOD LUCK! HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

Nailed the interview and got the job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

shene0822 in Hillsborough, North Carolina

19 months ago

No

vanessachristina in Durham, North Carolina said: Did you get hire? I did (Production Associate ) and start Nov 26.[/QU

No, but congrats! I cant even get in contact with my recruiter from spectraforce

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Art in Lyndhurst, New Jersey

17 months ago

Was recently interviewed by Merck in Summit NJ. What is most discouraging is that apparently I made it through HR but in their email passing me up I did not have something in my background that another applicant did. To boot one person during the interview (not an interviewer) said "I think you are the person for this job". I am beginning to think that there may have been some reason that the other person was offered the position and it had nothing to do with their background.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

vanessachristina in Durham, North Carolina

17 months ago

Sorry to hear this. I got in at the Durham Plant (Cell Suite) and Love IT!

Believe me it you got that far you'll get in. the same happened to me last year and this year I'm in!

Keep the faith!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Art in Lyndhurst, New Jersey

17 months ago

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rudhra in Sellersville, Pennsylvania

17 months ago

Cheri T, I am located near West Point PA, I am interested in biotech position Can you please help. I will really appreciate it. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rudhra in Sellersville, Pennsylvania

17 months ago

Cheri T in Boston, Massachusetts said: Sorry - I don't know anyone in NC.

Hey Cheri T, do you know anyone from west point PA... ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

William in North Wales, Pennsylvania

16 months ago

I was wondering if anyone knows of any news regarding the bench. I was interviewed and passed the test in Aug/Sept. 2012, for West Pt. I was told I was put on the bench for Electrician. Some people have told me possibly in March. Just looking for an update. I have checked in with the recruiter and have been told to be patient. I do not want to keep bothering.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

slider in Odenton, Maryland

13 months ago

vanessachristina in Durham, North Carolina said: Sorry to hear this. I got in at the Durham Plant (Cell Suite) and Love IT!

Believe me it you got that far you'll get in. the same happened to me last year and this year I'm in!

Keep the faith!

I applied a few months ago and I got a call the other day. They are flying me out for an interview. they said it will take @ 3-4 hours. Is this typical? I have had no caontact with them prior. Also, is it a nice place to work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

hobbes in Raritan, New Jersey

12 months ago

I have been on the bench list for biotechnician at merck (west point) for 2 months now. Has anyone heard anything regarding the current bench? HR gives no details, only tells me that they will contact when there is an opening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

biotech in Glenside, Pennsylvania

12 months ago

hobbes in Raritan, New Jersey said: I have been on the bench list for biotechnician at merck (west point) for 2 months now. Has anyone heard anything regarding the current bench? HR gives no details, only tells me that they will contact when there is an opening.

me too! i guess we were interviewed and put on the bench about similar time. I actually call HR dept couple days ago and she told me that I am still on the bench and there is no opening yet so be patient.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sammy in Lansdale, Pennsylvania

11 months ago

William in North Wales, Pennsylvania said: I was wondering if anyone knows of any news regarding the bench. I was interviewed and passed the test in Aug/Sept. 2012, for West Pt. I was told I was put on the bench for Electrician . Some people have told me possibly in March. Just looking for an update. I have checked in with the recruiter and have been told to be patient. I do not want to keep bothering.

Hello, William in North Wales,
Did you receive the call from Merck yet ? I am in same situation. I've been waiting since Sept. of 2012. I've been told to be patient every time I contacted recruiter since there have not been any jobs being offered. I am beginning to wonder if the call will ever come.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

William in North Wales, Pennsylvania

11 months ago

Sammy in Lansdale, Pennsylvania said: Hello, William in North Wales,
Did you receive the call from Merck yet ? I am in same situation. I've been waiting since Sept. of 2012. I've been told to be patient every time I contacted recruiter since there have not been any jobs being offered. I am beginning to wonder if the call will ever come.

Hi Sammy -

I have not heard anything in a month. I check in also and I am told the same thing. She did say once you are on the bench you stay there. August will be 1 year since I heard initially from them regarding the interview process. I know the contract held things up. Also, my initial recruiter left and I had to track down another. Who are you speaking too? Lets keep in contact.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sammy in Lansdale, Pennsylvania

11 months ago

William, hang in there. Good things will come to those who wait. I left voice mail to new recruiter and she replied back informing me that I am still on the bench.
Hope you the best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ZRichardson in Nashville, North Carolina

11 months ago

vanessachristina in Durham, North Carolina said: HR is not in north Carolina. Merck's Headquarter is in West Point.
As for applying for jobs, I went through SpectraForce.

Back in May/2012 a few people came through Manpower.

Good Luck

I've been trying to get a job here through Spectraforce but they keep telling me the client hasn't gotten back with them. I've passed the SAM Screening and everything. Recently, I signed up for BioWork certificate program - I start those classes in September. I figured this may help me or give me a better chance of having an interview. I'm not stopping until I get in Merck - heard it was a great place to work with great pay! Are there any tips you can give me about getting in or on the process?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

hobbes in Raritan, New Jersey

11 months ago

biotech in Glenside, Pennsylvania said: me too! i guess we were interviewed and put on the bench about similar time. I actually call HR dept couple days ago and she told me that I am still on the bench and there is no opening yet so be patient.

If you get any update on the biotech bench list please let me know by posting here, I will do the same

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Merck in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

11 months ago

hobbes in Raritan, New Jersey said: If you get any update on the biotech bench list please let me know by posting here, I will do the same

I ask three of my friends who also currently working at merck if they can find out they are hiring biotech anytime soon. It really starting to irritating me that they still don't have position available because before the interview they said I could get the job as early as within a month. I guess the union contract thing really held up a lot of things. Plus when did you get the email that you were put in bench list?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

hobbes in Raritan, New Jersey

11 months ago

Last week of April I was put on the bench for biotech. I am sure I was told 4-6 weeks after being put on the bench that we would be brought in, and titers could take an additional 3 weeks. When I followed up after 6 weeks of no update, I was told there are no current openings, and they would let me know when there are. I agree it could be related to the union contract thing which I think has been resolved? How long have you been waiting? Please let us know if you hear anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Vanessa in Durham, North Carolina

11 months ago

ZRichardson in Nashville, North Carolina said: I've been trying to get a job here through Spectraforce but they keep telling me the client hasn't gotten back with them. I've passed the SAM Screening and everything. Recently, I signed up for BioWork certificate program - I start those classes in September. I figured this may help me or give me a better chance of having an interview. I'm not stopping until I get in Merck - heard it was a great place to work with great pay! Are there any tips you can give me about getting in or on the process?

Don't have BioWork certificate just cleanroom experience. Glenn DeGeorge is the contact for Merck at Durham Plant. There is a freeze in hiring at the moment. They are hiring from the Temp selection. I am now in the Media Suite. I heard Onboard is another Temp service they're contracted with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ZRichardson in North Carolina in Florence, South Carolina

11 months ago

Vanessa in Durham, North Carolina said: Don't have BioWork certificate just cleanroom experience. Glenn DeGeorge is the contact for Merck at Durham Plant. There is a freeze in hiring at the moment. They are hiring from the Temp selection. I am now in the Media Suite. I heard Onboard is another Temp service they're contracted with.

Thank yu so much for replying. My classes has changed until August. I've heard of Onboard before. Recently, I seen Merck had 40 positions posted for VBF on their website. I'm just trying to get in. I know a temp female that work out there but she can't really help me. I also know a permanent guy but someone else help him get hired. It's like "its not what you know but who you know" - like yu have to know somebody! I've applied several times - on Merck's website, through Spectraforce, etc. The lady from Spectraforce advise me to get the BioWorks certificate. Is the man Glen a staffing recruiter for Merck or a contracting agency? I would hate to contact him and he question on how I got his name and number. And what are the chances of a temp getting hired permanent out there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Vanessa in Durham, North Carolina

11 months ago

the 40 jobs are prioritized to the temps which there are many.
And its not who you know. I knew absolutely know one and got on. Glenn is the person responsible for the temps hired through SpectraForce. Resumes only help if you have the experience. I have 10 years of SAP, cGMP, SOP, MES and the list goes on and on.

I see people complaining about here. They need to be nice here because background checks include many things. Whatever people say here Merck is a Great Company like Cree, Inc. here in Durham, NC. They offer opportunity and many 'sleep' on it. I believe people should come to Merck because they care about people first. Yes the salary is Great but most are never satisfied, not even with the fact that they have a job that pays more than most in the area.
I keep hearing the word 'bench' be glad you were considered because many never make it that far. If Merck isn't calling you at the moment go somewhere else. If they want you trust me they will call you. It took me 3 years to get in Merck and I live down the street, almost on the same street.
Passing the SAM test and having a certificate doesn't promise much. Many are there because they have experience and the right attitude...patience with a smile.

Good Lick and if you get hired I'm known as Alice in VBF Media Suite!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ZRichardson in North Carolina in Morristown, New Jersey

11 months ago

Vanessa in Durham, North Carolina said: the 40 jobs are prioritized to the temps which there are many.
And its not who you know. I knew absolutely know one and got on. Glenn is the person responsible for the temps hired through SpectraForce. Resumes only help if you have the experience. I have 10 years of SAP, cGMP, SOP, MES and the list goes on and on.

I see people complaining about here. They need to be nice here because background checks include many things. Whatever people say here Merck is a Great Company like Cree, Inc. here in Durham, NC. They offer opportunity and many 'sleep' on it. I believe people should come to Merck because they care about people first. Yes the salary is Great but most are never satisfied, not even with the fact that they have a job that pays more than most in the area.
I keep hearing the word 'bench' be glad you were considered because many never make it that far. If Merck isn't calling you at the moment go somewhere else. If they want you trust me they will call you. It took me 3 years to get in Merck and I live down the street, almost on the same street.
Passing the SAM test and having a certificate doesn't promise much. Many are there because they have experience and the right attitude...patience with a smile.

Good Lick and if you get hired I'm known as Alice in VBF Media Suite!


Thank you for replying again. It's kind of disturbing to know it took you three years and you had all that experience. However, I am not going to get discourage - I'm keeping the faith, staying motivated, and determined to become an employee there. I'm still going to pursue my BioWorks certificate. It may not promise much but I think it helps! Like you said I should always look at other places - I'm doing that as well. I'm also interested in Novo Nordisk in Clayton, NC. Ever heard of there? Thanks for wishing me luck & being so kind. Good luck on getting hired. I hope to see you there soon, I will remember your name. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rudhra in Sellersville, Pennsylvania

11 months ago

Can anyone plz help me with my question... I had interview with Merck on July 16th 2013 it's been 3 weeks now I have not heard anything back from them. HR told me during the interview that it will be two weeks to get back. I have been desperately waiting and still there is nothing not even e mail. Does this mean it's NO... Does any one have any idea... Slhd I email HR and ask abt my status. Plz plz plz somebody help me with this. Thanks everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

hobbes in Piscataway, New Jersey

10 months ago

Been on biotech bench list for over 4 months now. Do you think they will bring new biotechs in before end of 2013?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sara in Sellersville, Pennsylvania

9 months ago

Is there any bench opening soon for the interviews taken in July...??? Does anyone know anything abt it or heard from HR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kresie in Sellersville, Pennsylvania

8 months ago

Hello everyone,
I have been hearing things about Merck layoffs. They are trying to take away the whole department with appro 300 layoffs. I am still waiting on for bench list for bio tech. Does anyone know anything abt it. Pz reply if you know or heard abt the current position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sara in Perkasie, Pennsylvania

4 months ago

Did any one get called in for biotech position... I am still waiting on the bench list and wondering if there is any updates or anyone heard anything about the hiring for biotech. Plz reply. Thank you all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sammy in Lansdale, Pennsylvania

4 months ago

I heard through a mutual friend that there is some movement in HR regarding bench list. They are reviewing the list for whatever the reason. I hope this is a good news we are waiting for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tech in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

4 months ago

Sammy in Lansdale, Pennsylvania said: I heard through a mutual friend that there is some movement in HR regarding bench list. They are reviewing the list for whatever the reason. I hope this is a good news we are waiting for.

This might be a slap in the face but I highly doubt that they will hire anyone from the bench list. They still cutting people until end of april. Also they will restructure company until end of year. Plus, people who got hired last year also got fired right away because of low seniority rank. Therefore, if I were you I will just apply to other companies, which I assume you did it already. Even if you get hired, the job security issue will still be there. More importantly, there is rumor going around west point that it will close down the plant in five years or partially.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sara in Perkasie, Pennsylvania

4 months ago

Tech in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: This might be a slap in the face but I highly doubt that they will hire anyone from the bench list. They still cutting people until end of april. Also they will restructure company until end of year. Plus, people who got hired last year also got fired right away because of low seniority rank. Therefore, if I were you I will just apply to other companies, which I assume you did it already. Even if you get hired, the job security issue will still be there. More importantly, there is rumor going around west point that it will close down the plant in five years or partially.

Hi there as I mention it earlier in my post. I got interviewed in June 2013 and I received the email for bench list in October 2013 and ever since then I have been waiting. I have friend who just started working there and yet there is no layoffs for tech position, it is more likely for higher management that they are laying off. I am really looking for a full time job so I really hope something happen. How do you know all this inside news do you work there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rudhra in Sellersville, Pennsylvania

1 month ago

hobbes in Piscataway, New Jersey said: Been on biotech bench list for over 4 months now. Do you think they will bring new biotechs in before end of 2013?

Hey Hobbes... How are you... Did you hear anything for bench list of biotech with Merck..? Please let me know I am still waiting and hoping...?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.