What's it gonna take to get a job at Merck

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Carmine C in Matawan, New Jersey

61 months ago

I been applying for merck close to a year my so call friend got the job in manufacture the vaccine and took the test and now work in west point , I been appling and no such luck , can anyone know the inside scoop on if there hiring or what , I had 25 in computer support and network and found out they hire tech but for now I will take anything so I apply and apply apply and no I can not contact my so call friend because we had a falling out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deb1 in Pennsylvania

61 months ago

Not sure they are hiring now. My husband was putting in for a job for 10 years now but last year sent in many, many times via computer and a friend. Finally his call came in and he went through all the testing and interviews, passed and now works there. Hear there may be some lay offs in Service, landscaping and security but who knows if that is true or not..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

patiently waiting in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

I know someone who has been sitting on the bench since before Christmas for manufacturing positions up at West Point. Does anyone know if there is any movement or what is going on?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Again I been applying and still nothing , the usaul reject letter but aside from that nothing you would think someone could tell us something or where to look

Anxious in Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

Deb1 in Pennsylvania said: Not sure they are hiring now. My husband was putting in for a job for 10 years now but last year sent in many, many times via computer and a friend. Finally his call came in and he went through all the testing and interviews, passed and now works there. Hear there may be some lay offs in Service, landscaping and security but who knows if that is true or not..

Deb1: You seem to have allot of knowledge with your husband being on the bench. My husband has been sitting on the bench for 7 months now. Do you know if they will calling people soon? He is on the bench for manufacuting as well.

Deb1 in Pennsylvania

58 months ago

Anxious we well know the feeling of waiting on the bench. My husband was on the bench for 8 months before he got his call. He was hired in Sept. You husband should call his recuter and just ask or check in from time to time to see. When we called she said my husbands name was on the list to be called and she would be calling him again in about two weeks. So that gave us some idea how much longer for the wait. Not sure all recuters will do this but at least it will give you some idea.

58 months ago

Well again I apply and again nothing I don't know maybe I have marry someone to get a job there

Deb1 in Pennsylvania

58 months ago

Carmine C in Matawan, New Jersey said: Again I been applying and still nothing , the usaul reject letter but aside from that nothing you would think someone could tell us something or where to look

Its all what the computer flags out and luck (that is what I feel anyway) My husband was trying on a off for at least 10 to 15 years to get in there. He finally got his call and is very thankful for the job..He likes his work and his dept too. That is so important..

Deb1 in Pennsylvania

58 months ago

Carmine C in Matawan, New Jersey said: Well again I apply and again nothing I don't know maybe I have marry someone to get a job there

We knew someone that would walk my husbands resume in and it did nothing.He did it a number of times but we never got a call. He still had to keep sending in via the computer and finally I think his got flagged out by some words in his resume. At least that is what we feel happened. Not sure it had to do with his machinical backround or not. Just keep trying. One never knows.

Patiently Waiting in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania

57 months ago

Deb1 in Pennsylvania said: Anxious we well know the feeling of waiting on the bench. My husband was on the bench for 8 months before he got his call. He was hired in Sept. You husband should call his recuter and just ask or check in from time to time to see. When we called she said my husbands name was on the list to be called and she would be calling him again in about two weeks. So that gave us some idea how much longer for the wait. Not sure all recuters will do this but at least it will give you some idea.

We heard that Sept is a big hiring month for Merck. Do you know if that is true? Does anyone know anyone up there with some inside info? I have been waiting for over 8 months now myself to be called for a manufacturing job. I have been on the bench since December.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

CSL in Lansdale, Pennsylvania

57 months ago

I am glad that I am not the only one feeling that it is so hard to get an interview with Merck. I have been applying since May and each time, I would get the generic rejection email.

Deb1 in Pennsylvania

57 months ago

My husband waited 8 months and he was hired in Sept. He has also known guys hired in November and they waited a year on bench. As for getting a interview we almost gave up hope and one day the call came and not that rejection letter. It was like winning the lottery.(well kinda)One has to keep trying and trying and trying. Sometimes I feel key words in the resume make it pulled out. Not sure what key words they look for really. Depends on the job.CSL keep trying and trying and trying.
Jenkintown at least your on the bench that is GREAT!! Its still a great company to work for even though many may disagree. Depends on your department and you own outlook. My husband likes his job and is so thankful to be working there. Have you talked with your recuter?

57 months ago

Yes, I am glad to be on the bench but the wait to start is awful. My recruiter does not say much. Just that they will be in touch when the fill the positions. It is now 9 months. I follow up from time to time. Other than that, nothing. Just waiting......

Deb1 in Pennsylvania

57 months ago

Yes the wait is never fun. Husband said they took many service workers and are training them for his kind of work. So maybe they are offering the service workers that already work for Merck positions since they got rid of the service worker positions. Only fair to hire within first then go outside. You will get your call...

57 months ago

Good Point. Yes it does make sense. No one should lose their job in todays economy. Thank you for all the info. You are right, my call will come. There are so many other people just trying to get in. I am half way there. Thanks!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.