What's the company culture at Merrill Lynch?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Merrill Lynch?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Merrill Lynch?

Reply - Report abuse

ml nyc in New York, New York

89 months ago

I work in a NYC retail branch - the enviroment is friendly but definitely no-nonense. You are there to work and give 110%...
But, that being said, overall it is a great place to work.
My position entails communicating with all sorts of internal departments and EVERYONE is courteous and professional. THIS IS ONE TIGHTLY RUN SHIP...
Excellent benefits: health, retirement etc...
RCA's get a company bonus, I understand most other brokerage houses do not... The company seems to like to hire from within. Of course, like every where else sometimes it depends on who you know and who likes you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jnemo in New York

76 months ago

Everything the above person said is true. These are tough times, and our outcome is unfortunate. I love the company, and love working for the company. It is very political, but what firm isn't? They just want you to kick ass. For this, you have leniency, great pay and benefits, (formerly) prestige from knowing you work for an incredible company that has a great reputation... professionalism is paramount, and everyone is straight. Courtesy abounds. Humor is an asset among most teams I've worked with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.