How to get a job at MetLife.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 58 of 58)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Jim123 in Ft Worth, Texas

64 months ago

oh really... so staying up half the night for the first four days every single month because we have to have EVERYTHING done within a week, is being "lazy"?

Wanting to go on vacation for a week once every three years is being "lazy"?

Working on New Year's Day and July 4th, for free, is being "lazy"?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

MrsBoss111 in Wood River Jct, Rhode Island

64 months ago

I don't know where you work but I do not have to work for free ever. I also have News Years and July 4th off. I also get vacation yearly as do the rest of my coworkers at MetLife. As for staying up all night for work doesn't happen here. Sorry. Maybe you should apply at Met :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JBreporter in Tampa, Florida

61 months ago

I'm a reporter for JumpBoost.com, a new career development website, and I'm looking for some information about MetLife's career development programs for new college grads.

If you're working for MetLife and were hired through the SBC Rookie, IT Development, Actuarial Development, or any other career development programs, please let me know. I'd like to find out the steps you took while in these programs.

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kapusta in Tampa, Florida

61 months ago

I wish people would post with comments about Claims jobs at the Tampa location.
Anyone?

-How to get the job, but also if it's an OK work environment.

Are the supervisors jerks or butt-kissers? Incompetent?

Is it tough to meet production?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bobby baccalla in North Providence, Rhode Island

42 months ago

Host said: Do you work at MetLife? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

metlife is a very bad company who has its managers run there help into the ground where it gets to the point where people who work in metlife disability learn about family medical leave act and then work there for a year and go out on FMLA.The company is about making millions and millions of dollars outsourcing jobs to INDIA ,getting rid of the managers who knew the product they over saw to now young and cheaper to pay who know nothing about the product they manage.Meaning the boss has to ask people from her team how to do her job and then she tells you what you did wrong.Do you want to work for metlife only if you want to go somewhere and never get the chance to advance within the company ,work somewhere and have a supervisor riding you for sales, more sales, sales and 2/3 of your check going to health coverage because they do not pay much anymore for there employee's.Go there until you find something better if hired and most of all never use this company for any insurance needs they lie and steal when it comes time to pay on there claims

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

A Devoted Employee in Amsterdam, New York

19 months ago

Go to work for an offshore consulting firm. That's your best bet at getting into Met!
I am a current employee, and have been for many years. This used to actually be a pretty good place to work. Now they are just riding on their old reputation of being a good company that cares about it's people. Nothing could be further from the truth. They have been laying off and 'right sourcing' for many years, and the old staff is now cut to the bone. All done under the covers, so as to avoid publicity. The latest is to close many corporate offices throughout the country and 'consolidate' them into NC and SC offices. The sad thing is that they aren't allowing the current employees (over 3,000 people) to go with those jobs. Those people are basically being laid off. While management may give some of them the option of reapplying for their old positions. But when reapplying, the job is simultaneously posted to the outside world. So you are just like any other person out there now applying for a job. You might get hired and you might not. Given that the companies aim is to reduce expenses, they aren't really too keen on paying relocation expenses and maintaining salaries of current employees that may have been there for 20 or 30 years. They are instead putting an all out effort into replacing current staff with cheaper labor from the local pool in NC and SC.
So bottom line, they really don't give a hoot about their employees. It doesn't matter how much you've done for them, how stellar a performer you've been in the past. When they decide there's a cheaper way to do your job, your gone. Many, many employees have been replaced with off shore consulting firms over the past several years. And the trend continues.
Just another example of a greedy corporate monster undermining the U.S. economy and giving our jobs away to other countries, all while smiling to our faces and telling us how much they care. So sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

Go to work for an offshore consulting firm. That's your best bet at getting into Met!
I am a current employee, and have been for many years. This used to actually be a pretty good place to work. Now they are just riding on their old reputation of being a good company that cares about it's people. Nothing could be further from the truth. They have been laying off and 'right sourcing' for many years, and the old staff is now cut to the bone. All done under the covers, so as to avoid publicity. The latest is to close many corporate offices throughout the country and 'consolidate' them into NC and SC offices. The sad thing is that they aren't allowing the current employees (over 3,000 people) to go with those jobs. Those people are basically being laid off. While management may give some of them the option of reapplying for their old positions. But when reapplying, the job is simultaneously posted to the outside world. So you are just like any other person out there now applying for a job. You might get hired and you might not. Given that the companies aim is to reduce expenses, they aren't really too keen on paying relocation expenses and maintaining salaries of current employees that may have been there for 20 or 30 years. They are instead putting an all out effort into replacing current staff with cheaper labor from the local pool in NC and SC.
So bottom line, they really don't give a hoot about their employees. It doesn't matter how much you've done for them, how stellar a performer you've been in the past. When they decide there's a cheaper way to do your job, your gone. Many, many employees have been replaced with off shore consulting firms over the past several years. And the trend continues.
Just another example of corporate greed undermining the U.S. economy and giving our jobs away to other countries, all while smiling to our faces and telling us how much they care. So sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

I am a current employee, and have been for many years. This used to actually be a pretty good place to work. Now they are just riding on their old reputation of being a good company that cares about it's people. Nothing could be further from the truth. They have been laying off and 'right sourcing' for many years, and the old staff is now cut to the bone. All done under the covers, so as to avoid publicity. The latest is to close many corporate offices throughout the country and 'consolidate' them into NC and SC offices. The sad thing is that they aren't allowing the current employees (over 3,000 people) to go with those jobs. Those people are basically being laid off. Although management may give some of them the option of reapplying for their old positions. But when reapplying, the job is simultaneously posted to the outside world. So you are just like any other person out there now applying for a job. You might get hired and you might not. Given that the company aim is to reduce expenses, they aren't really too keen on paying relocation expenses and maintaining salaries of current employees that may have been there for 20 or 30 years. They are instead putting an all out effort into replacing current staff with cheaper labor and consultants from the local pool in NC and SC.
Just another example of corporate greed undermining the U.S. economy and giving our jobs away to other countries, all while smiling to our faces and telling us how much they care. So sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.