unresponsive

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (18)

Pete in Marlborough, Massachusetts

101 months ago

These guys are probably the worst recruiting firm in Boston. They are unresponsive and try to place you in temp jobs just so they can get their payout. They tried getting me to go on in interview for a position that they had no information on on, if you can believe that. Then when you actually respond to a job posting that fits your qualifications, you don't hear from them or you get a one word response from them. They are horrible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

no one special in Newton Center, Massachusetts

101 months ago

Actually, I thought they were one of the most responsive and honest recruiters with whom I have dealt.

They never placed me but they returned calls and explained why I was not a fit for the two positions I had discussed with them. No run around, no BS.

Your mileage may vary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

A in Voorhees, New Jersey

100 months ago

They're also spamming the hell out of Hot Jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

XYZ in Charlotte, North Carolina

100 months ago

i agree..they dont response..i dnt know why they even post jobs..whn u call them the idiot recruitors are never on their desk..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ed, Long Island, N.Y. in Massapequa, New York

100 months ago

After reading the 3 negative responses to this post I can see how they did not call you back. Your spelling,grammar and capitalizations are all wrong. I bet your resume is a mess. The positive response was free of errors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

XYZ in Charlotte, North Carolina

100 months ago

Never asked for your opinions, did I? i bet the reason you are looking for a job is because you got fired from the last one for being too nosy. right? People like you thats all they do.Waste time on the internet commenting on everyone else's responses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

jones davis in South Orleans, Massachusetts

99 months ago

A in Voorhees, New Jersey said: They're also spamming the hell out of Hot Jobs

I agree. They advertise jobs that don't exist or that they don't have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kconway83 in Boston, Massachusetts

99 months ago

no one special in Newton Center, Massachusetts said: Actually, I thought they were one of the most responsive and honest recruiters with whom I have dealt.

They never placed me but they returned calls and explained why I was not a fit for the two positions I had discussed with them. No run around, no BS.

Your mileage may vary.

Don't you think that most recruiters s@ck?! Everyone I have dealt with has lied to me. I'm not sure how they make their money if they don't help people get jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in New York, New York

99 months ago

Ed, Long Island, N.Y. in Massapequa, New York said: After reading the 3 negative responses to this post I can see how they did not call you back. Your spelling,grammar and capitalizations are all wrong. I bet your resume is a mess. The positive response was free of errors.

Ed:

"capitalizations"?
How about adding a space after your comma if you want to get nitty-gritty with others.

Think before you speak.

Best regards,
Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

no one special in Newton Center, Massachusetts

98 months ago

kconway83 in Boston, Massachusetts said: Don't you think that most recruiters s@ck?! Everyone I have dealt with has lied to me. I'm not sure how they make their money if they don't help people get jobs.

Generally, yes I do. My experience with most recruiters has not been pleasant... everything from being non-responsive to calling my employer and former employers looking for leads.

My opinion here regarding Michael Page is a highly unusual one given my lack of regard for recruiters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

andy klineman in Elizabeth, New Jersey

98 months ago

Michael Page has the "hurry up and do nothing" disease. I did everything they consulted me to do. I met with them. We discussed strategy....then they disappeared.

My resume, my confidence, my dignity...all gone in one fellswoop.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter at MP in Stamford, Connecticut

98 months ago

Pete in Marlborough, Massachusetts said: These guys are probably the worst recruiting firm in Boston. They are unresponsive and try to place you in temp jobs just so they can get their payout. They tried getting me to go on in interview for a position that they had no information on on, if you can believe that. Then when you actually respond to a job posting that fits your qualifications, you don't hear from them or you get a one word response from them. They are horrible.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I work at Michael Page in the New York office, and I love it. I have gotten flowers, letters, even a necklace from Tiffany's from candidates thanking me for helping them find the next best opportunity, that they would not have found on their own. Believe me we WANT to help everyone, but that would be impossible. I am currently working on 20 open positions, and I meet 15 candidates PER WEEK obviously some will be disappointed. I just placed a candidate I met 6 months ago but never forgot, I have also placed someone 3 days after meeting them. This job is all about timing. If the recruiter did not have information you should be flattered that you were the first phone call when the job was "hot off the press". Please keep in mind your attitude words your recruiter will affect our enthusiasm for sending you out to our clients, how will you treat the receptionist, what will your manners be like? As for sending you to a temp job, that is a good option if you are not currently employed, which you must not be or we would not suggest it. Do not shy away from Temp-Perm opportunities, the best workers have nothing to fear, they could be offered perm if there is an open spot. While it is important that we have great relationships with our candidates, we are not an employment agency. Further more, we are a non-commissioned based firm, so that should address your "in it for the payout comment" Again sorry you had a bad experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

jones davis in South Orleans, Massachusetts said: I agree. They advertise jobs that don't exist or that they don't have.

All jobs sent out to the boards are live, active jobs. Not spam. Your chances of getting called by us are better than getting called back from submitting directly. There is often no one actually reading your resume if you directly submit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

andy klineman in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: Michael Page has the "hurry up and do nothing" disease. I did everything they consulted me to do. I met with them. We discussed strategy....then they disappeared.

My resume, my confidence, my dignity...all gone in one fellswoop.

The typical job search for even our very best candidates can be upwards of three months, hang in there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

UserJADE@msn.com in New York, New York

82 months ago

Pete in Marlborough, Massachusetts said: These guys are probably the worst recruiting firm in Boston. They are unresponsive and try to place you in temp jobs just so they can get their payout. They tried getting me to go on in interview for a position that they had no information on on, if you can believe that. Then when you actually respond to a job posting that fits your qualifications, you don't hear from them or you get a one word response from them. They are horrible.

Michael Page is also the worst agency to work for in the Connecticut area... and probably the worst agency to work for ever.. DON'T WORK FOR THEM!!!! Can you believe that other staffing agencies such as office team, adecco, McIntyre etc rewards there employees with paid holidays, i.e. memorial day, labor day, vacation time and even bonuses.. at Michael Page an employee gets nothing, nada, ziltch... you just work get paid... and don't thing about trying to get the medical insurance because its so expensive it may cost you your weekly salary for a family... I don't think that they know of reward and recognition and if an employee is not recognized and rewared morale is going to decline... I don't even think they are aware of work life balance because with no paid holidays and vacation timeouts an employee will be burnt out.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

UserJADE@msn.com in Bronx, New York

81 months ago

no one special in Newton Center, Massachusetts said: Actually, I thought they were one of the most responsive and honest recruiters with whom I have dealt.

Your mileage may vary.

I've noticed that Michael Page reps hurry to get you through the door to make that money I have to give them credit for that. I signed up with them a Monday and by Friday I had a job offer, but the one thing that they did not discuss was that they don't give you as a temp any paid holidays or bonuses like other firms do, Robert Half, Adecco etc. DON'T WORK FOR MICHAEL PAGE this company is into modern day slavery. Remember as a temp or contractor we are already under paid, we get no benefits so if you think you making $18.00 with no benefits its more like $9 per hour after you take care of a medical bill that not often.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Breadbutter in Delhi, India

28 months ago

The consultants from MP are RUDE, UNKIND and primarily focused on whats going on in your company, where all have u applied for the jobs, i.e. prospective clients for them and they can go to pitch for themselves...

They make situation so complicated, they lie, put undue pressure and when unable to get through their candidate they put blames on others.
They don't provide feed back.
When you need job and you call them they will not respond, but if u get a job and change your linkedin of FB status they will call you saying "I just called you to say hi! are you still looking for the change.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

marin in New Bedford, Massachusetts

11 months ago

I agree, "David" called me up offering all kinds of positions and had my resume in hand. Said he was sending out job descriptions right away. Never heard from him again and he would never return calls. He did the same thing to me a year ago? Must be on a quota system and need to make X number of calls a day. How they make money by not actually placing people in jobs is beyond me. Wish they would be upfront with people and at least give feedback like other more reputable agencies!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.