Dismissed domestic violence charges

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Background checks in San Jose, California

12 months ago

Dear Friends,
I work for a big tech company in silicon valley. I was arrested due to false DV accusations. I never pleaded guilty. But I was arrested on a felony and DA filed a misd. I was all prepared to go to trial but my case got dismissed.
I am very nervous now as I do not only have an arrest record, but I was also charged for the alleged crime, later the case was dismissed on trial day. Most big tech companies use hireright for background checks. I know that in Calirornia it is wrong under labor code to discriminate for expunged or dismissed charges. However, Cali is one of those sad states where your court file is always public. Anyone doing a county search can see it. Now some people may view a DV charge as a serious offense even without a conviction. I was trying to understand if some of my friends, though god forbids ever went through this situation and could still get jobs? I never did anything wrong but got scammed in a sham marriage. Now, I have a criminal file for no reason. Have people ever been able to switch jobs even after software companies saw this on record?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

dear guest in Oakland, thank you for your reply. I understand the laws(labor). My name does pop up as the case was filed. My question is have people been able to find jobs in such circumstances?

12 months ago

I have the certified copy. I appreciate your replies man, but whenever I ask such a Q on forum, people start sharing labor laws, court file issues etc. I really want to know if people with not DUI but with DV dismissed charges who literally had court files, could get jobs in tech sectors, companies like vmware, cisco, juniper, google, facebook really go by the books and are always scared of their public images.

When you say "yes" my friend, are you saying you know first hand someone who, in a spot like mine was able to find jobs in software?

US gives lots of opportunities but one sad event in life and lives are destroyed sometimes :(

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.