How to get a job at Mission Foods.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you work at Mission Foods? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

anglo.prd in Los Angeles, California

110 months ago

Although you are correct, perhaps your failure was due to your skills or lack thereof...the culture with this company is primarily unskilled Latin laborers; these employees tend to be immature since they have not worked in a structured environment with so many rules and regulations and may at times abuse their worker rights since they bow have A voice now that they are here in our great land. I am sorry to say but these people abuse their rights once they become legal!

Mission foods in Los Angeles and Rancho Cucamonga have a huge management revolving door e.g. have sought managers and supervisors almost every other month! Be warned!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mac in Olympia, Washington

106 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Mission Foods? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I do not know anything about this company?
I do not even know there address?
However I am a mechanic and I do read blueprints and weld Mig and Tig. I have a great sence of Humor....
DO they? Hopefully I get an Interview.....
I will be in Tacoma Tomorrow around noon...... 9/20/2007

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Dallas in Dallas, Texas

102 months ago

The previous posts are correct! I applied at Mission via an internet post. It is a very bad company the turnover is bad. Almost 80% of the people are mexican and on visas. They are all from Monterrey. It is hard and ridiculous to try to get a promotion because a niece or other relative will always get the job. Management has no people skills and when you complain about issues that any other company would fix HR will always take the side of MIssion not the employee even though they are making things wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

White Native American in Yukon, Oklahoma

69 months ago

All the above is correct. Everything is geared to Spanish and if you do not speak Spanish,you will not do good working for this company. In my opinion, having worked there,you will not get any support from HR unless you are Hispanic and you certainly will if you are from Mexico. It may not be the official company policy but you sure will have a very hard time no matter how skilled you are if you are not Mexican and do not speak Spanish. Many obstacles will be thrown in your way and you will not have a chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.