Morgan Stanley - Credit Risk Management Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

viper in New York, New York

66 months ago

I have an interview with Morgan Stanley for a Credit Risk Management Research Internship. Can someone provide me with any advice on what sort of questions to prepare for, both technical and qualitative? Specifically, "why are you interested in credit risk management?"
Any links to common questions for risk management or Morgan Stanley interviews would be appreciated. Below is a description of the position. Thanks.

"Intern Job Description
The Credit department is seeking an intern to work with the research team that covers our direct commercial real estate exposure, our Private Equity/Real Estate Fund exposures and our related CRE Warehouse Lending exposure. The experience will offer some development of the skills fundamental to credit research (critical reading, writing, reasoning and communicating), financial modeling and financial statement analysis.

The candidate will:
a) assist in the ongoing evaluation of credit risk analysis and Ratings for existing & proposed commercial mortgage, mezzanine loans and Private Equity Funds;
b) participate in loan performance reviews and loan workout and/or restructuring meetings;
c) maintain and update written approval/rating documentation, credit file information for the team; and
d) perform additional market specific analysis as arises."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mia in Stony Brook, New York

30 months ago

Hi Viper, did you get this internship ? How was your experience there?
I had some experience in credit risk management and I am looking for such a position. Could you please email me at
sweetienn@hotmail.com
Thank you very much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.