How to get a job at Mortenson Construction.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do you work at Mortenson Construction? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Appleton, Wisconsin

69 months ago

Your best bet is to call Employment Resource Group. We place a tone of people at Mortenson, we have the ears of all the right people. Email me at tim@ergsearch.com. I will be able to get you in the door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

art plunkett in Omaha, Nebraska

29 months ago

TRYING TO GET MY FOOT IN THE DOOR HARD WORKER

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anthony T. Sinacola in Loveland, Ohio

1 month ago

I joined Johnson Controls in May of 2007 after owning my own construction company for 17 years specializing in Civil Construction. My first project with JCI was a million dollar repaving program at the Plymouth, Michigan facilities. From there, I moved into a complete European electronics launch program by renovating an existing building with an addition in Reynosa, Mexico meeting very strict time lines. Since then, I have taken on several renovation and new construction projects from Largo Florida to Geneva Illinois, Whitby Ontario-Canada, Durango Mexico, West Point Georgia, and San Antonio, Texas. Then on to a larger $30 million, award winning LEED Certified Lithium Ion Battery Facility project in Holland, Michigan. After that I managed a complete 450,000 s.f distribution center in Middletown, DE from property purchase to occupancy. This project broke ground in February and was ready for plant move in by September of the same year. Total construction cost was over $58 million.

I am willing to travel, where ever, when ever. And, no matter how many hours it takes to complete daily tasks, I have no problem working them, unlike today’s generation. I am fair and honest, while looking out for my employer’s best interest.

The majority years of my experience, are in civil construction excavation and utilities. Having worked more than 35 years I am seasoned in all areas of construction from Mechanical and Electrical up fits to complete site acquisitions and new construction as you will see from my resume.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.