getting an interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (18)

cora in Bronx, New York

85 months ago

i think getting a interview to become a secret service agent would be easier than for these mount sinai people, all they tell u is to apply and dont call you, ive applied for various oostions for close to a YEAR now andhavent been called for a single interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cora in Bronx, New York

85 months ago

cora in Bronx, New York said: i think getting a interview to become a secret service agent would be easier than for these mount sinai people, all they tell u is to apply and dont call you, ive applied for various oostions for close to a YEAR now andhavent been called for a single interview.

yeah, i agree, they just advertisepostions butdontcall any1!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

OC bound in Naples, Florida

85 months ago

I worked at Mt. Sinai for 3 years. I don't know if this is helpful, but the way I managed to get in was through an agency that was on site. I think it was Randstad and they are located right at Mt. Sinai. I worked there from 1997-2000 so maybe they aren't on site anymore but at that time, they were in the new East building on Madison and they had numerous positions open at any time. I was usually offered a permanent position after I was at an assignment for a short period of time. It may be worth considering if you really want to get in. I enjoyed my time there and I worked at many different departments.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cora in Bronx, New York

85 months ago

thanx, that really does sound helpful, i'll try to get in contact w/ the agency and try to find something out, i have numerous pending applications, problem is they never seem to call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jenkinsk in Atlanta, Georgia

85 months ago

I am a recruiter for that area and provide locums placement all over the country. I also help people get placed in perm positions. I'd love a chance to work with you and help you break down these barriers to get work. It's my job (smile)! Please contact me so we can discuss the opportunities I have available in NY or anywhere else you may be interested. Thanks! Hope to hear from you all soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jiten in Howell, Michigan

85 months ago

jenkinsk in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am a recruiter for that area and provide locums placement all over the country. I also help people get placed in perm positions. I'd love a chance to work with you and help you break down these barriers to get work. It's my job (smile)! Please contact me so we can discuss the opportunities I have available in NY or anywhere else you may be interested. Thanks! Hope to hear from you all soon!

How can I reach you ? can you provide you email address ?

85 months ago

Absolutely! My email address is jenkinsk@alliedhealth.com and my number is 1-800-741-4674 ext. 7040 I look forward to hearing from you. Are you looking for a position in NY?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jiten in Howell, Michigan

85 months ago

jenkinsk in Atlanta, Georgia said: Absolutely! My email address is jenkinsk@alliedhealth.com and my number is 1-800-741-4674 ext. 7040 I look forward to hearing from you. Are you looking for a position in NY?

I just sent you an email @ the address you mentioned above.

Thanks.

85 months ago

Sure thing! I look forward to speaking with you! I'll look out for your email.

darren = in queens, ny

85 months ago

cora in Bronx, New York said: i think getting a interview to become a secret service agent would be easier than for these mount sinai people, all they tell u is to apply and dont call you, ive applied for various oostions for close to a YEAR now andhavent been called for a single interview.

hey dont feel bad. i've also applied and did not get a simple response but their ad is still out there. that leads me to believe that i would not want to work for them anyway. my experience alone should have got me an interview to say the least.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

vhrlm in New York, New York

84 months ago

I think they already have the people for the positions but in accordance with labor laws they have to post the position. I've applied for several jobs also

84 months ago

Hi everyone! I've received an overwhelming response to my posting. I surely am grateful! I just wanted to be more specific in what I place for. I can help radiation therapists, ultrasound techs, dosimetrists, and physicists. Our company also places nurses, CRNAs, PTs, PAs, and physicians in all areas. If you fall into any of those categories, please give email me at jenkinsk@alliedhealth.com Have a super weekend!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

djonuu@gmail.com in Ridgewood, New York

42 months ago

Jiten in Howell, Michigan said: How can I reach you ? can you provide you email address ?

djonuu@gmail.com

SA in Yonkers, New York

26 months ago

I agree with the previous posts, I applied to several of the postitions at mount sinai which I know I am qualified for but havent got a single call, its frustrating bc i think it is a great institution to work for

JL in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

25 months ago

After several years of submitting apps to MSMC, I finally was invited to interview for a position a few weeks ago. I was 1 of nearly 100 applicants, and 1 of 5 they actually called for an interview. Unfortunately, I was considered over-qualified for the job and didn't get the position.

My advice? Keep at it. Spruce up your CV/resume. If you can reach out to the hiring officer, try to do that.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lisette0727 in Bronx, New York

18 months ago

I have years applying for jobs at mount Sinai in Nyc and no calls. It is so sad it is a great institution for patients but it figures that ther HR service is just horrible. I have 4 to 5 years of exp as a Medical Secretary and I hold a BA degree as well it is sad because I have excellent references.

Wilson in Brooklyn, New York

13 months ago

jenkinsk in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am a recruiter for that area and provide locums placement all over the country. I also help people get placed in perm positions. I'd love a chance to work with you and help you break down these barriers to get work. It's my job (smile)! Please contact me so we can discuss the opportunities I have available in NY or anywhere else you may be interested. Thanks! Hope to hear from you all soon!

Do you still work as a recruiter? I am a recent graduate looking for some direct patient care work opportunities and have had no luck at all (especially not from Mount Sinai).

Maggie in Hicksville, New York

5 months ago

A recruiter contacted me after seeing my resume on monster.com. He said was hired by mount Sinai to look for protential candidates. I went to the interview last week and it went well. I just hope I get a answer from them soon. The benefits sounds great!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.