MRI network recruiter job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Hannah in Binghamton, New York

89 months ago

What kind of work is a MRI network recruiter job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

cameoprod in Tulsa, Oklahoma

89 months ago

Hannah in Binghamton, New York said: What kind of work is a MRI network recruiter job?

I was told that I would be creating rapport with company C-level decision makers about executive recruting, and working with candidates to fill those positons. Sounds good, but you never know what the reality of a job is until you get there and see what the real deal is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kerry Mayle in Any Town, Oregon

89 months ago

I have found this company to be very deceptive. Telling candidates that a position is in the Cincinnati area, when it is in Kentucky. I would never work with a recruiter that is lying about any item in discussion.
I would caution you about this company as if they are deceptive, what else are they lying about?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Bob Stewart in Cheshire, United Kingdom

85 months ago

cameoprod in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: I was told that I would be creating rapport with company C-level decision makers about executive recruting, and working with candidates to fill those positons. Sounds good, but you never know what the reality of a job is until you get there and see what the real deal is.

I used to own an MRINetwork franchise. The problems of creating a rapport is simply that when you call a client and introduce yourself as an MRI Office, you will be just the 'next' call they have recieved from MRI Network or another recruitment company. The recruitment industry is very proactive on cold calling. You will be making dozens of cold calls every day. You can appreciate that with hundreds of recruitment companies doing this - you very easily become 'just another recruiter' cold calling for business. However, if you want to know some of the questionable business practices of MRINetwork, take a look at www.cdicorp.info and see how they misrepresented someone in their network as a real franchisee for years after his franchise contract had expired and whilst his debts to MRI Network rose year-on-year to more than $300,000 USD or more than £170,000 UK Pounds. This misrepresentation fooled everyone, i.e. real MRINetwork offices and client too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ex-recuiter in Middletown, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

I have found the whole MRI Network/recruiting business to be very deceptive. If you think that I am lying, ask a recruiter how they get the names of the people they need to talk to within an organization. They say they are just looking to send a thank-you note or just trying to network. Once they get the information they will make repeated calls to that person until they get a call back.

I know, I did this for a year. After thinking about it, think of how much time is wasted by organizations by recruiters calling in to talk to their employees. Isn't that stealing? When someone takes something that is not rightfully theirs is my definition of stealing. So when a recruiter calls in to talk to a person, aren't they taking time away from that company? Time that is not rightfully theirs? If that time amounts to 10 minutes a week for an employee making $80,000/year, that equals, 520 minutes(8 hours, 40 minutes). At the hourly rate of approx $34 hour, that is over $333 a year. Multiply that by several employees and you are talking about a lot of $$ for companies.

Their techniques are disgusting. Name gathering as they call it. Have you ever heard "Is there anyone you know that I can talk to who might be interested in hearing about this position?" In other words; I don't think you are right for this job; I am just looking to talk to someone else who can get me to another person to talk to.

Also, don't buy into the theory that you can make big money like all the other recruiters in your office. If you are told that you can be very successful, you may be one of the very fortunate ones to make the money they talk about. But in order to make that money, you will have to make personal sacrifices. Your time is the most important thing you will lose. Although not expected, you will need to make adjustments to talk to people all hours of the day (set up calls for later in the evening to accommodate their schedules).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Your comments appear to raise the issue of deception. I too can add to this as an ex-franchisee of MRINetwork. In fact my issue is with the franchisor themselves. That is, MRI Network Corporate office. They represented someone as a regular franchisee for years after his franchise agreement expired, whilst his debts to them grew to a massive amount of more than £170,000 UK Pounds (more than $300,000 USD). They actively encourage franchisees to work together and share work and resulting money. When I, as a real MRINetwork franchisee interworked with the bogus franchisee, (under the misrepresentation that they created and maintained for years) MRINetwork Corporate offic actually congratulated me, but sadly did not correct their misrepresentation! It should have come as no surprise to MRInetwork that he defaulted on money to me in the same way he had been defaulting on money to them for years. Read the facts about the years on misrepresentation by MRINetwork on www.cdicorp.info

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Been There in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

84 months ago

Stay Away. There's more bad comments than good.The recuiter's mislead and
mis-speak and have no knowlege of the positions they advertise.As a matter of fact, I believe they just pull ads from the internet and say that MRI is the
seach agent.Strickly Bad News!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

cameoprod in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: I just interviewed at MRI. I was told some great things about compensation and benefits, etc. Is this blue sky? Does anybody work there now who can tell me what to expect?

The reality is that a few earn very good money but the vast majority do not. However, perhaps one of the most telling bits of information about this franchise network health, is a survey conducted this year that asked MRI Network franchisees if they would renew their franchise agreements if asked to do so today. Only 20% said yes to this question. In other words, 80% would not! That underlines some basic problems in my opinion. Read about this and a great deal more about MRINetwork and their owners CDI Corporation at www.cdicorp.info Look under CDI Corporation Stock to read about this and more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

MRINetwork also known as Management Recruiters International or MRI Network is a global recruitment franchise. They have a track record of misrepresenting the truth. For years they falsely portrayed someone as a regular franchisee who had no valid franchise agreement and who was not paying them royalties. This got so bad that he eventually owed them more than £170,000 UK Pounds or approx. $300,000 US Dollars in unpaid royalties. MRINetwork continued with this deception for years and fooled all real franchisees and clients alike. Read the facts about this and more questionable business practices by MRINetwork and their owners at www.cdicorp.info

Specifically read about:

The years of misrepresentation by MRI Network www.cdicorp.info/mrimisrepresentation.html

MRINetwork Breach of Franchise Contract www.cdicorp.info/rogerhballou-damage-to-mrinetwork.html

Joseph R Seiders affidavit misstatements made under oath www.cdicorp.info/josephrseidersaffidavit.html

Roger H Ballou misstatements to shareholders www.cdicorp.info/rogerhballou-denial.html

Sarbanes-Oxley concerns - was the debt correctly written-off? See why Roger H Ballou is so coy about clarifying his legal obligations under SOX rules www.cdicorp.info/rogerhballou-denial.html

Steve Mills denies responsibility www.cdicorp.info/stevemillsdeniesresponsibility.html

Read the facts and form your own opinion on their ethics and actual business practices of MRINetwork and their owners CDI Corporation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

enoughbull in Cleveland, Ohio

55 months ago

I worked for MRI, I am very knowledgeable about my industry, and am viewed by clients and the professionals I work with that way. it should be noted that it was due to my interest in my industry and not because that is what MRI teaches. My advice is to STAY AWAY in big bright neon colored letters. Each office while individually owned, with rare exception seems to believe that they own their people and if you dare to leave they will use intimidation, harassment and other low dirty thing they can come up with including calling members of your family and harassing them, this happened to someone I know. Corporate supports the owners in this type of behavior. They have an old contingency search model and a sense of entitlement that is truly scary. Although I cannot get into my entire story I cannot stress enough if you love the search industry and really want to be a recruiter or if you are an experienced recruiter there are far better shops to go to than ANY MRI franchise. Its amazing to me, I thought it was just the people I worked for but after speaking to people all over the country i have realized their treatment of employees, attitude of entitlement and spite is systemic it comes all the way from corporate and works it way down.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

If you want to see facts about MRI Network and their owners CDI Corporation visit www.cdicorp.info
The truth is plain to see from documented facts. Read them and form your own opinion on their ethics and actual business practices.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.