What's the company culture at Mvm Inc.?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Mvm Inc.?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Mvm Inc.?

Reply - Report abuse

ex mvm in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

the work environment is alright. the people make all the difference. for some reason there is a lot of gossip. the management is dumb as a rock and the company is not so far from that. it's all favoritism there. since the job consists of listening to drug dealers for DEA, hour are never set and especially if the manager doesn't like you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

MVM Chicago Employee in Nashua, New Hampshire

41 months ago

I have been with MVM for about 2 years now.

My Supervisor and co-workers are great, they are all knowledgeable and we work as a team. Everyone is treated equally, no one is left to sink.

The company stresses professionalism and confidentiality, individuals that don’t possess that don’t seem to make it in this company. There is no room for gossip or unprofessionalism on this team. Those that get involved in such practices don’t make it on the team.

If you are interested in working for a solid company then definitely look into MVM. The process is long but it’s worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jacko the Wacko in Santa Barbara, California

17 months ago

Host said: Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Mvm Inc.?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Mvm Inc.?

Office environment is tense and stressful. The culture is all about them (family ownership). Business casual is acceptable. No jeans or t-shirts. Full-suites acceptable. No Friday happy hours. By then, everyone wants to just get out of here. No more summer picnics. Sometimes, family will provide a Thanksgiving eve lunch to the employees but everyone eats and then heads quick back to their offices. A typical day is to keep you head low and out of site of Family management. If you come within their cross hairs, you might be shown the door and asked not to come back. No joke. I have seen this happen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shioban Villaplana in Dayton, Ohio

17 months ago

Jacko the Wacko in Santa Barbara, California said: Office environment is tense and stressful. The culture is all about them (family ownership). Business casual is acceptable. No jeans or t-shirts. Full-suites acceptable. No Friday happy hours. By then, everyone wants to just get out of here. No more summer picnics. Sometimes, family will provide a Thanksgiving eve lunch to the employees but everyone eats and then heads quick back to their offices. A typical day is to keep you head low and out of site of Family management. If you come within their cross hairs, you might be shown the door and asked not to come back. No joke. I have seen this happen.

I've been working for MVM, Inc. for about three (3) years now and I enjoy every aspect of my job. The company has been in place for about 35 years and has proven to have a strong track record. Happy Hour, t-shirts, jeans, are you going to work or a pool party? Like any other job, you must always present yourself in a professional manner, socializing should occur on your time. The company should not be obligated to pay you for happy hour. Since I've started our Site Supervisor has hosted several holiday luncheons/diners which were paid for by the company. I have been treated with respect by my Manager, Co-Workers and the Executives (when they have conducted Site Visits).

Perhaps the individuals that were let go were asking for reimbursement for their Apple Martini :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tango Hotel in Saint Louis, Missouri

14 months ago

Shioban Villaplana in Dayton, Ohio said: I've been working for MVM, Inc. for about three (3) years now and I enjoy every aspect of my job. The company has been in place for about 35 years and has proven to have a strong track record. Happy Hour, t-shirts, jeans, are you going to work or a pool party? Like any other job, you must always present yourself in a professional manner, socializing should occur on your time. The company should not be obligated to pay you for happy hour. Since I've started our Site Supervisor has hosted several holiday luncheons/diners which were paid for by the company. I have been treated with respect by my Manager, Co-Workers and the Executives (when they have conducted Site Visits).

Perhaps the individuals that were let go were asking for reimbursement for their Apple Martini :)

I recently applied and am going through the background check phase. I'm curious about the frequency you actually work this job. What's been your experience? They say assignments come in 30-60 increments and we must work at least 3 shifts. Doesn't sound like many hours. Is there any predictability as to how often you'll be asked to work and how many weeks or months you'll be off before getting the next work request? Also, do you park for free at the Federal building in your city? Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Shioban Villaplana in Dayton, Ohio

14 months ago

Tango Hotel in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I recently applied and am going through the background check phase. I'm curious about the frequency you actually work this job. What's been your experience? They say assignments come in 30-60 increments and we must work at least 3 shifts. Doesn't sound like many hours. Is there any predictability as to how often you'll be asked to work and how many weeks or months you'll be off before getting the next work request? Also, do you park for free at the Federal building in your city ? Thanks,

The background check is long but worth the wait. Your assingements runs about 60 days, the min is 24 hours but you can work up to 40 hours if you can fit it into your week. You will have to work some nights and weekends though. Some offices are busier than others so it will depend. Most of the offices have parking but I would suggest contacting your Recruiter they can confirm if the office you will be working in has parking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.