How to get a job at Mylan.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do you work at Mylan? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

ironmaiden in Fairmont, West Virginia

84 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Mylan? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I applied last June through the companies web site. I wired my resume to them, and they called me for an interview 2 weeks later. 4 months later, I was working for them. this is what I did. first on their website I noticed they had manufacturing jobs available. so I went home, upgraded my resume.(something I havnt done in 10 years.) If you have microsoft word, use the resume templates on line, but whatever you use, just make sure your resume is impecable, not a work of fiction of course , but your selling yourself so make every word count. I applied for a manufacturing job, so i emphasised the resposibilities in my current job . the equipment and documentation i was responsible for, and they really like to hear things about following operating procedures and safety regulations and the ability to learn job operations quickly. I"ll be honest. I never expected them to call me and offer me a job. all I did was make a really good resume, I kept it honest, short, and to the point , at the interveiw I was relaxed and talked with them about who I was, and prior to the interveiw, studied a little about the history of the company and their earnings in last 2 years. because they asked me "what do you know about mylan?" and I was ready for them. and thats all I did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gsd in Fairmont, West Virginia

65 months ago

ENTREPRENEURS NEED NOT APPLY!!!

If you are, or ever were, self employed, for God's sake don't let them know it. You will NOT get hired!! (At least not in the Manufacturing Plant). There is no room for anyone that department is ambitious or has displayed any form of entrepreneurial thinking. DRONES ONLY!! Don't make the mistake I did. I told them the truth about my work history. I have been self employed for 25+ years. 60 days after my interview ( tried for 5 years to get one) I got my " dear John" letter. I know others that were interviewed at the same time as me. All got hired. ALL 4 of them have always worked for someone else.

iron maiden in Fairmont, West Virginia said: I applied last June through the companies web site. I wired my resume to them, and they called me for an interview 2 weeks later. 4 months later, I was working for them. this is what I did. first on their website I noticed they had manufacturing jobs available. so I went home, upgraded my resume.(something I havnt done in 10 years.) If you have microsoft word, use the resume templates on line, but whatever you use, just make sure your resume is impecable, not a work of fiction of course , but your selling yourself so make every word count. I applied for a manufacturing job, so i emphasised the resposibilities in my current job . the equipment and documentation i was responsible for, and they really like to hear things about following operating procedures and safety regulations and the ability to learn job operations quickly. I"ll be honest. I never expected them to call me and offer me a job. all I did was make a really good resume, I kept it honest, short, and to the point , at the interveiw I was relaxed and talked with them about who I was, and prior to the interveiw, studied a little about the history of the company and their earnings in last 2 years. because they asked me "what do you know about mylan?" and I was ready for them. and thats all I did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

trudyj in Tupper Lake, New York

25 months ago

I really need to work for Mylan. Want to move out of NY. I have 15 years manufacturing experience. Hard worker, never miss work, never tardy, very dependable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.