National Write Your Congressman Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (49)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at National Write Your Congressman?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Jacinta Buggs

72 months ago

This is a very nice group of people. I recommend a simple resume that's easy to review while the interviewer's talking with you. And honesty is key here - they're not looking for hucksters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

thope1023 in Houston/Baltimore

72 months ago

I just received a response from NWYC today. They are looking to schedule an interview. I am very interested in politics. I have been in business to business sales for many years. My questions is, is this a legitimate organization? I can find very little independent information about them. Also, how many sales reps do they generally put in a territory? This seems on the surface like somthing that I would be well suited to do. I just do not have much information about the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (85) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Ad Vocate

72 months ago

I interviewed with them recently, and they seem to be very legitimate. The only thing that is a little off-putting is that you have to memorize a script, verbatim, and it isn't a short one. However, they argue that the best sales people do that, and it makes sense that they want everyone on the same page, since salespeople are spread out all over the USA.

But the people seem to be genuine, and it seems to be OK. I think the reason there isn't much on them is that they ARE a legit company, and I believe there are only about 200 employees nationwide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thope1023 in Houston/Baltimore

72 months ago

Thanks so much for your comments. What part of country are you in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ssnow in Chico, California

72 months ago

Can someone tell me if NWYC is considered a home based business? If so, do they require you to put money up front? I am having a hard time getting clear info on them. I may be scheduling an interview with them and would like to not waste too much time if this is the case. I could be totally off track. thanks ahead.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ad Vocate

71 months ago

THope, I don't like to say what part of the country I'm in, I'm sorry.

SSnow, it's not a home based business. You ARE a 1099 (independant) employee but they have lots of benefits and bonuses that make you a little more than that. It's not a scam, but the memorization is a nightmare and won't be worth it for most people. Because you have to know the script VERBATIM, and it's over 10 pages long, it's a tough-sell for them, I'm sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gctisch in Peoria, Arizona

70 months ago

Ad Vocate said: THope, I don't like to say what part of the country I'm in, I'm sorry.

SSnow, it's not a home based business. You ARE a 1099 (independant) employee but they have lots of benefits and bonuses that make you a little more than that. It's not a scam, but the memorization is a nightmare and won't be worth it for most people. Because you have to know the script VERBATIM, and it's over 10 pages long, it's a tough-sell for them, I'm sure.

NWYC is serious about the script but it's the only way they can be sure that everyone is communicating the message properly. It took me about two weeks a couple of hours a day. All told about 20 to 24 hours of serious study for a job that pays anywhere from $50,000 to a $150,000 a year depending on you putting in a full day 5 days a week and communicating a message that you believe in and which the country so desperatly needs. Simply put "We The People" taking back our country and holding Congress accountable for their actions.When they receive faxes and letters and e-mails from back home they know they're being watched.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chrisjen1516 in Lexington, Kentucky

61 months ago

thope1023 in Houston/Baltimore said: I just received a response from NWYC today. They are looking to schedule an interview. I am very interested in politics. I have been in business to business sales for many years. My questions is, is this a legitimate organization? I can find very little independent information about them. Also, how many sales reps do they generally put in a territory? This seems on the surface like somthing that I would be well suited to do. I just do not have much information about the company.

Hey...I'm just curious to see if you got the job with NWYC. I was also looking for pertinent info and didn't find anything substantial. I did accept the position and have memorized the script over the past two weeks. I'm very excited to get going and make this happen. It's a very exciting opportunity. I'll keep you updated on my success.
Chris Powell
chrisjen1516@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

gctisch in Peoria, Arizona said: NWYC is serious about the script but it's the only way they can be sure that everyone is communicating the message properly. It took me about two weeks a couple of hours a day. All told about 20 to 24 hours of serious study for a job that pays anywhere from $50,000 to a $150,000 a year depending on you putting in a full day 5 days a week and communicating a message that you believe in and which the country so desperatly needs. Simply put "We The People" taking back our country and holding Congress accountable for their actions.When they receive faxes and letters and e-mails from back home they know they're being watched.

So it looks like you are working for NWYC now. How's it going? What region are you in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bill50 in Youngstown, Ohio

61 months ago

chrisjen1516 in Lexington, Kentucky said: So it looks like you are working for NWYC now. How's it going? What region are you in?

I recently discovered NWYC. Sounds like a legit organization. Has anyone started recently? I've got both telephone and in-person cold calling experience. How do you approach the businesses. What's a realistic number of sales for a 5 day 40 hour week? The memorization doesn't scare me if the script works. Any more comments? Has anyone out there been hired directly as a Manager, or promoted to a manager? One more thing. I contacted them yesterday, haven't heard back yet, how long does it take? Thanks for the info so far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Bill50 (in Youngstown, OH). Those are a lot of questions :-) !

I just completed the script training today and my first day in the field with a trainer is tomorrow. I'd be happy to tell you more about my experience so far but I'm responding to this via my iPhone so it is quite cumbersome. Would you be interested in talking on the phone? If so, send me an email with your phone number (or post it here if you're comfortable doing that) and I'll get back to you.

My email address is: chrisjen1516@gmail.com

Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Wakonda, South Dakota

61 months ago

This is a good, honest organization with the right intentions - for employees and citizens in this country. I worked for them for about 9 months ( I left to return to the consumer products industry). You will have to do alot of cold calling, and learn the script.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Clark in Tifton, Georgia

56 months ago

Any of you guys who were about to start, or were already working for NWYC, did you ever earn any money with them? Did you make the income target that is usually in their ads?

I was hired by them and I am currently learning the script, and would like to know how others have done IN THE FIELD and if their is an opportunity for real success with this. Do business owners like this service?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Wallace A Griffith III in University Park, Illinois

55 months ago

Chris,

I am checking in with you to see, how things are going with NWYC. About 6 months ago you posted a note stating that you had finished the training and was ready to hit the field. Have you had any sales yet?

I was recently contacted by NWYC, about a sales position here in my area (Chicago, IL). I am looking for more positive or negative feed back....anything would be helpful.

Thanks,
Wallace A. Griffith III
University Park, IL

Wallace A Griffith III in University Park, Illinois

55 months ago

Chris,

Thanks for the update...How are you doing with the NWYC opportunity...there in Peoria, Arizona?

From your last post...it looks as though you have been with them for over a year now. How successful have you been, and what type of income have you earned so far?

How are you paid and/or what is the percentage that you receive from each order that is placed?

Any comment on this would be helpful...I am considering on coming aboard with NWYC.

Thanks,
Wallace A. Griffith III
University Park, IL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at National Write Your Congressman?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Can't seem to get a straight answer from any recent hires regarding income and company atmosphere. Can someone please reply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

The Company atmosphere is very positive and upbeat very focused on the field rep. Income can vary but it's all in your hands. if you want to make 40,000 you can make it if you want to make $80,000 you can make it. it's completely up to you and how much effort you put forth

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cndytill@yahoo.com in Houston, Texas

52 months ago

Ad Vocate said: THope, I don't like to say what part of the country I'm in, I'm sorry.

When you say benefits is there healthcare?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alex T in San Antonio, Texas

52 months ago

cndytill@yahoo.com in Houston, Texas said: When you say benefits is there healthcare?

Is there benefits and how is the job working out from some of you?

Don in Baltimore, Maryland

51 months ago

I am looking at joining this group, I understand it is a 1099 position, I understand their is a 10 pages script to learn, I understand it is all cold calling.

My question are
What is tbe closing ratio?
What is the cost to the merchant?
What is the commission rate?
What is the turn over like along salespeople?
Who do you sell to?

Thank you

Don R

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

20 to 25%, Cost $325, Commission varies due to bonus, Turnover 80% yearly, people need self motivation or they won't make money, this leads to downward spiral. Sell to any one who pays taxes but mainly business owners who are being hammered by this administration....Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

MCH in Conroe, Texas

49 months ago

Bill50 in Youngstown, Ohio said: I recently discovered NWYC. Sounds like a legit organization. Has anyone started recently? I've got both telephone and in-person cold calling experience. How do you approach the businesses. What's a realistic number of sales for a 5 day 40 hour week? The memorization doesn't scare me if the script works. Any more comments? Has anyone out there been hired directly as a Manager, or promoted to a manager? One more thing. I contacted them yesterday, haven't heard back yet, how long does it take? Thanks for the info so far.

So it's been a year, how is NWYC treating you? (By the way I grew up in Y-twn!)

49 months ago

MCH in Conroe, Texas said: So it's been a year, how is NWYC treating you? (By the way I grew up in Y-twn!)

I never started with them. To be honest they took too long to reply,(about 3 weeks) I found something else. It sounds like a good organization, but I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone who has recently started.

MCH

49 months ago

Bill50 in Youngstown, Ohio said: I never started with them. To be honest they took too long to reply,(about 3 weeks) I found something else. It sounds like a good organization, but I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone who has recently started.

Thank you for answering so quickly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MiSalesGal in Columbus, Ohio

47 months ago

Great sales job if you're prepared to stand in cow manure while you freeze presenting the service. The first "business" my trainer took me to was a run down farm where she pounded on the door only to be answered by a 90 something year old gentleman who told us to get the heck out. I live in a metro area and they wanted me to travel 30 minutes from home to the country and stop by every house that could belong to a farmer or a home based business which is any address on file with the county clerk who filed a DBA. Farmers have the money, they kept telling me. I have great success in B2B sales and was told I could not work close to my home let alone call on brick and mortar store fronts. Their philosophy is farmers have money and they are not called on by sales people and that I would be leaving a lot of money on the table by not calling on them. I can appreciate that. Can I develop territory closer to where I live after I've proven myself? No...they still want to keep you in the country. Sounds to me they have absolutely no confidence in their sales staff and their presentation if they do everything in their power to keep you from calling on businesses in a more urban or downtown setting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GinaBoo in Scottsdale, Arizona

47 months ago

There seems to be mixed feelings on NWYC. I know a lot of business owners but from the sounds of the comments I will not be able to call on them. Do they give you a lead list or are you allowed to develop your own? How do you know that you are not stepping into someone else's territory? I will be having a phone interview either today or tomorrow - any advise on what I should ask that you found out "after the fact" - and a 10 page script - what business owner has the time to listen to a 10 page script???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

GinaBoo in Scottsdale, Arizona said: There seems to be mixed feelings on NWYC. I know a lot of business owners but from the sounds of the comments I will not be able to call on them. Do they give you a lead list or are you allowed to develop your own? How do you know that you are not stepping into someone else's territory? I will be having a phone interview either today or tomorrow - any advise on what I should ask that you found out "after the fact" - and a 10 page script - what business owner has the time to listen to a 10 page script???

GinaBoo - You are assigned a territory up to 30 miles outside of where you live. I live in Columbus, 4 miles from OSU and was assigned farm country 20 minutes away. They specifically want you to work Rural areas. They will tell you farmers and others that have "businesses" in the country are rarely called on by salespeople. They give you little prospect slips and maps (that typically don't show the names of all the roads) and the expectation is you will work that plus look for signs of other business life. Signs of other business life include farms that are no longer operating, expensive homes as they're owners could also run a business, and knocking on doors in apt. communities because anyone that has filed for a DBA is considered to be a business owner by nwcy. Regarding the script - they do Not provide the script you need to know to conduct a mini-ballot. You get that only after you have been in the field so there is even more to memorize. My trainer was supposed to show me a minimum of 8 interviews our first day and she only showed me 4. As for selling to business owners outside your territory they will encourage you to weigh driving out of your territory to make this happen. Since it is out of your territory you can sell it, so long as no one has been assigned that area, however next year you will Not be allowed to get the renewal.

47 months ago

GinaBoo - You are assigned territory so no worries about stepping on someone else. You are expected to work that territory and it will Not consist of lots of brick and mortar buildings. You are given little prospect slips and maps and you are expected to look for other signs of business including non-working farms and expensive homes as these owners could also have a business. I was told specifically I could not be assigned territory close to where I live where there is a huge number of businesses (4 miles from OSU)and I was cautioned on selling outside of my area to someone I know. That would mean I would have to drive out of my assigned territory to make the sale and they frown on that wanting you to "weigh it out". Plus, if you sell to someone you know and they are outside of your assigned territory you will Not be able to get the renewal next year. I don't know how cold it gets in your area in the winter however I learned I would have to brave the elements and learn to pitch off the back of my car not to mention had I stayed, a good pair of unattractive muck boots would have been in order. And in addition to the 10 page script, there is More...for when you conduct a mini-ballot that you use to get in the door. They never disclosed this was a Road Warrior type job so be prepared for stopping and starting your engine all day long. I was close to being rear-ended 2x due to my trainer yelling "pull off here - that looks like it used to be a farm." Not to mention you knock on doors in apt/condo areas cause anyone that has filed for a DBA is considered to be business owner. That, is their definition of "we never pre-judge".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

MiSalesGal, Thank you so much for your valuable information. This does not sound like something that is the right fit for me. If it were something more intimate like contacting family, friends and business owners that I know I would be a great success, but riding around looking for remote homes/businesses is not for me. You are in such a prime area it's too bad they wouldn't let you spread your wings. What are you doing now? Contact me at helpingkids4u@gmail
Thanks so much !

Replying Now in Dallas, Texas

46 months ago

Traveling out is part of the job, mostly you're in communities. It's hard work, lots of memorization and rejection, but if you do what they tell you to do you can be sucessfull and their stats on pay seem to be right on target. Good luck in whatever you do. I've never been told to go to rich people's homes. Maybe to go to ranches, however, ranches are often businesses.

46 months ago

Thank you all for the valuable input. This is not the job for me based on what I have learned. I appreciate you taking the time as it was very helpful in making my decision.

LibertyForAll in Denton, Texas

46 months ago

MiSalesGal in Columbus, Ohio said: GinaBoo - You are assigned territory so no worries about stepping on someone else. You are expected to work that territory and it will Not consist of lots of brick and mortar buildings. You are given little prospect slips and maps and you are expected to look for other signs of business including non-working farms and expensive homes as these owners could also have a business. I was told specifically I could not be assigned territory close to where I live where there is a huge number of businesses (4 miles from OSU)and I was cautioned on selling outside of my area to someone I know. That would mean I would have to drive out of my assigned territory to make the sale and they frown on that wanting you to "weigh it out". Plus, if you sell to someone you know and they are outside of your assigned territory you will Not be able to get the renewal next year. I don't know how cold it gets in your area in the winter however I learned I would have to brave the elements and learn to pitch off the back of my car not to mention had I stayed, a good pair of unattractive muck boots would have been in order. And in addition to the 10 page script, there is More...for when you conduct a mini-ballot that you use to get in the door. They never disclosed this was a Road Warrior type job so be prepared for stopping and starting your engine all day long. I was close to being rear-ended 2x due to my trainer yelling "pull off here - that looks like it used to be a farm." Not to mention you knock on doors in apt/condo areas cause anyone that has filed for a DBA is considered to be business owner. That, is their definition of "we never pre-judge".

This is not how NWYC is handled. I am sorry you had a bad experience, but you are giving a lot of misinformation out. This is a good company with a lot of quality individuals involved.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ofischill in New Bern, North Carolina

45 months ago

LibertyForAll in Denton, Texas said: This is not how NWYC is handled. I am sorry you had a bad experience, but you are giving a lot of misinformation out. This is a good company with a lot of quality individuals involved.

I agree! I was with NWYC for quite awhile, working in 2 states. Top notch folks and I did not think the memorized script was that difficult. Disclaimer: it's been quite a few years since I was with them, so not sure what's current.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

NWYC sells what can be had for FREE at www.megavote.com. At this site you can use templated letters to write elected officials. They send out the Action Alerts - All For Free. I've been referring all kinds of business owners and professionals to this great site. If you decide to use their Free service please consider making a donation so they can keep their service Free. How's that for competition? And I get to save all kinds of folks $475 a year!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

LibertyForAll in Denton, Texas said: This is not how NWYC is handled. I am sorry you had a bad experience, but you are giving a lot of misinformation out. This is a good company with a lot of quality individuals involved.

I am not giving out misinformation. You apparently work for the company. Shame on NWYC charging folks $475 for the same info you can sign up for free at www.megavote.com. Thanks to my "trainer" for sharing this information. I refer many to this site! Check it out for yourselves and with the money you save consider making a donation to keep this fabulous service FREE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MCH in Spring, Texas

45 months ago

Megavote is part of the package your receive when you are a paying member. If you are interviewing, your interviewer will give you info on how to get onto the site. If you log in, you can see the BBB seal. Click it and you will get the NWYC rating (A+ the last time I looked.) You can see part of the site without paying, but must be a member to see the entire site (why buy it if you could get if for free?) Your best recommendation will come from your Congressional office. Call the DC office and speak with the person who handles letters from NWYC. They can talk with you about how they see the organization. Good luck.

45 months ago

club911 in Tracy, California said: MiSalesGal, I went to megavote.com and didn't find any information pertaining to what NWYC sells. I reviewed this page and it has information on business and marketing. Nothing in regards to government, they are just selling services for something else. I'm just curious, where did you find info about the services that NWYC sells? I only ask because I am considering employment with them and like everyone else here I want to find out any negatives besides the cold calling and road warrior aspect. The rehearsed speech is pretty common in sales so that is not a big deal.

You will see once you are working on the script and once you get your sales kit. Megavote.com offers Everything NWYC does for FREE. Period. And MegaVote has sent more than 1 million letters to Congress. They offer templated letters so it's very simple to point and click and Snap -there goes your letter to Congress.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mch

45 months ago

Again, megavote sells a product to NWYC and you have to be a member to see it. You just can't log onto megavote and pull it up for free. If you want to know more about NWYC you can't backdoor it. Look at the web site and gleen all you can from the free materials; call your Congressional office and ask them what they see. If you are interviewing they will provide you w/ adequate material to make a decision. Good Luck.

Sarah in Papillion, Nebraska

42 months ago

MiSalesGal in Columbus, Ohio said: I am not giving out misinformation. You apparently work for the company. Shame on NWYC charging folks $475 for the same info you can sign up for free at www.megavote.com . Thanks to my "trainer" for sharing this information. I refer many to this site! Check it out for yourselves and with the money you save consider making a donation to keep this fabulous service FREE!

Dear MiSalesGal, National Write Your Congressman members account for 40% of the mail received by Congress. A lot more impressive than a mere 1 million form letters. Speaking of which, form letters are largely disregarded by Congress. I work for NWYC and in a little over a year rose to the level of top 7% and highest ranking woman in the sales force. I live in Nebraska, so work in below zero to 100 degree temps. BTW, NWYC does not accept "donations". We offer a subscription service. We monitor Congress without prejudice and save hard working Americans a ton of time. Do YOU have time to read a Congressional bill? Would you understand it if you did. No to both even if you are a lawyer. Follow me around for a day or two and I will show you how NWYC is empowering ordinary Americans to make a huge difference. Sarah

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ZTH in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

So... I was initially impressed with the notion of a non-partisan organization to encourage folks to write their elected officials, but based on these posts...

gctisch in Peoria, Arizona said: ... Sell to any one who pays taxes but mainly business owners who are being hammered by this administration....Chris

gctisch in Peoria, Arizona said: This is a very good time for NWYC because "We The People" are outraged by the current administration and it's assault on Americas freedoms and values...

... it seems that the rhetoric about this being a non-partisan entity is just so much fluff. Of course, this could just be Chris' personal opinion (and I don't begrudge anyone his or her opinions), but there are a number of politically-minded entities that claim the monicker of "non-partisan" to veil a partisan agenda. Can anyone who has worked with NWYC confirm or deny my suspicions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shari in Springfield, Missouri

32 months ago

Chris,

Hey Chris!

This post is dated 29 months ago, and I was wondering how things were going . . . if you like the company and job? I see you are a 1099 employee and I was wondering if the income regular or sporadic, and do they give you any consideration for mileage??

Thanks for your input!

~~Shari

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ruggeral in Frisco, Texas

32 months ago

mch said: Again, megavote sells a product to NWYC and you have to be a member to see it. You just can't log onto megavote and pull it up for free. If you want to know more about NWYC you can't backdoor it. Look at the web site and gleen all you can from the free materials; call your Congressional office and ask them what they see. If you are interviewing they will provide you w/ adequate material to make a decision. Good Luck.

Megavote has some pros and cons. Understanding who runs and owns megavote is a good idea and when I looked into it. I found it is run through Congress.org which is a website owned by CQ roll call which is owned by the economics group which sells news magazines aimed at the DC insider, along with the economist magazine and others CQ Roll call provides, news, analysis and tracking of legislation and offers this service to those who can afford to purchase detailed information or advertise in their news magazines.
NWYC is from what i found a family begun business no mention of non-profit but they provide a service also. Much like congress. org, but you also get an inside person to talk to about specific legislation if you need clarification about its impact. In addition you get information at the state level not just the national level.
I think both have merit- with regards to information more from various sources can help lead to better decision making. The NWYC's local piece is more beneficial for small business IMO because that has the most immediate impact.
Either way they have merit- as for the way it's sold I know I am not partisan, but i try to listen to all sides of a conversation. I'd expect when engaging with a sales person on this type issue it would be hard to not get into a discussion, but in a way that is good. That is what this these orgs want more dialogue and a better informed America.
Disclosure- i was recently contacted BY NWYC about my resume- still deciding.

Jimbo in New Orleans, Louisiana

19 months ago

Sarah in Papillion, Nebraska said: Dear MiSalesGal, National Write Your Congressman members account for 40% of the mail received by Congress. A lot more impressive than a mere 1 million form letters. Speaking of which, form letters are largely disregarded by Congress. I work for NWYC and in a little over a year rose to the level of top 7% and highest ranking woman in the sales force. I live in Nebraska, so work in below zero to 100 degree temps. BTW, NWYC does not accept "donations". We offer a subscription service. We monitor Congress without prejudice and save hard working Americans a ton of time. Do YOU have time to read a Congressional bill? Would you understand it if you did. No to both even if you are a lawyer. Follow me around for a day or two and I will show you how NWYC is empowering ordinary Americans to make a huge difference. Sarah

Sarah,
I am more confused the more post I read though yours positive and upbeat. I am conserned that I cannot call on my area businesses as well as farms, individuals etc. Why does it matter to NWYC who signs up as long as you are sellling and signing up in your territory? The farmer and the local restaurant owner as well as the other small business owner and the individual in the small home or prestigious home too. it is cold calling and road warrior with restrictions it sounds like and that can effect your success, right? of course right. I believe in spreading the word around but i also believe in a career that i can pay my bills with and prespecting successfully is more important than saying" pull over to that house in near the cow sh_t"...so to speak. Please tell me the truth about things. How about my email at proofpositive.jamesgremillion@gmail.com.
thanks for listening as I have a phone interview monday afternoon and I was excited now i am doubtful.
thanks
Jim

ceeiler3 in Burlington, New Jersey

17 months ago

Jimbo in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Sarah,
I am more confused the more post I read though yours positive and upbeat. I am conserned that I cannot call on my area businesses as well as farms, individuals etc. Why does it matter to NWYC who signs up as long as you are sellling and signing up in your territory? The farmer and the local restaurant owner as well as the other small business owner and the individual in the small home or prestigious home too. it is cold calling and road warrior with restrictions it sounds like and that can effect your success, right? of course right. I believe in spreading the word around but i also believe in a career that i can pay my bills with and prespecting successfully is more important than saying" pull over to that house in near the cow sh_t"...so to speak. Please tell me the truth about things. How about my email at proofpositive.jamesgremillion@gmail.com.
thanks for listening as I have a phone interview monday afternoon and I was excited now i am doubtful.
thanks
Jim

Jim, did you take the position? Let me know either way so we can discuss. Like you, I am not finding any real helpful information in these posts yet they are making me weary.

KellyB in Denham Springs, Louisiana

17 months ago

Jimbo in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Sarah,
thanks
Jim

Jim

We, here at National Write Your Congressman call on all business in an assigned territory. I hope this helps.

KellyB in Denham Springs, Louisiana

17 months ago

ceeiler3 in Burlington, New Jersey said: Jim, did you take the position? Let me know either way so we can discuss. Like you, I am not finding any real helpful information in these posts yet they are making me weary.

Hi,

Before you prejudge a position with NWYC, I would recommend going through the entire interview process. NWYC provides a wonderful opportunity for the right individual. For some, it's truly life changing.

First year or twentieth year, our reps are valued, and the income opportunity is tremendous. We call on business owners and leaders in their place of business. Yes, it's true, our reps memorize a script. This is important for a number of reasons, which are all explained in the interview process.

Training here is exceptional for new reps. Much work is put into helping a new representative get off to a successful start.

If you are looking to be valued, make an excellent income, and do something that you can be proud of every day, NWYC may be the career for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I've been here a little over a year, and I can tell you first hand, it's a wonderful organization and a very rewarding career.

Abigail Goss in Beaumont, Texas

13 months ago

Kelly--I'm interested in the company--how can I learn more? Glad to see a recent review pop up on this company! :)

KellyB

13 months ago

Abigail Goss in Beaumont, Texas said: Kelly--I'm interested in the company--how can I learn more? Glad to see a recent review pop up on this company! :)

Abigail,

I'd be happy to share more. Send me your contact information. My email is boudreaux44@gmail.com.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.