What's the company culture at National Write Your Congressman?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at National Write Your Congressman?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at National Write Your Congressman?

Reply - Report abuse

MiSalesGal in Columbus, Ohio

56 months ago

Make sure you dress to go into barns and the like. You'll be expected to present standing amongst the cows as they take care of their business. Horrible experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

LibertyForAll in Denton, Texas

56 months ago

As a Field Representative for National Write Your Congressman (NWYC), I would like to set the record straight. I, too, started in the country. The reasoning behind this is that "country folk" are more easy going and more open than "city folk" are to salesmen making cold calls. I have been in horse stalls, barns and the like, also. I was knew exactly where I would be going and was well aware in advance of the businesses and general geographic areas I would be calling on. If you wear inappropriate footwear the first time, that is understandable. If you are not prepared the next time, that is your fault.

This company is 52 years old, has a terrific training system and staff and genuinely cares for its people. This is NOT an easy job; it is the most challenging position I have ever held. With that being said, I must say that I have been given extensive training and support by everyone in this organization. This career is for people who truly want to make a difference in their lives as well as the lives of others. There is no salary; it is commission only. You will get out of this position exactly what you put in it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MiSalesGal in Columbus, Ohio

54 months ago

LibertyForAll in Denton, Texas said: As a Field Representative for National Write Your Congressman (NWYC), I would like to set the record straight. I, too, started in the country. The reasoning behind this is that "country folk" are more easy going and more open than "city folk" are to salesmen making cold calls. I have been in horse stalls, barns and the like, also. I was knew exactly where I would be going and was well aware in advance of the businesses and general geographic areas I would be calling on. If you wear inappropriate footwear the first time, that is understandable. If you are not prepared the next time, that is your fault.

This company is 52 years old, has a terrific training system and staff and genuinely cares for its people. This is NOT an easy job; it is the most challenging position I have ever held. With that being said, I must say that I have been given extensive training and support by everyone in this organization. This career is for people who truly want to make a difference in their lives as well as the lives of others. There is no salary; it is commission only. You will get out of this position exactly what you put in it.[/QUOT

I absolutely LOVE working on 100% commission and have been doing so most of my working years however what I am appalled at is the fact that NWYC sells what can be had for FREE. My trainer herself told me about www.megavote.com. Check it out. I've referred many business owners and professionals to this site. I love their templated letters as they allow me to point and click and snap; I've written my congressman. I also love their Action Alerts - does that term sound familiar to you at all?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.