Nationwide in San Antonio

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

marie in Des Moines, Iowa

90 months ago

Wow this company makes it sound so great to work at and how they have so many opportunities but don't even give you the right training for the job.Employees are dropping like flies and all you hear are people complaining how bad it is to work there.Don't work there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

HR Des Moines, IA

90 months ago

I'm trying to get in with Nationwide, however, with 18 years of experience in human resources I don't have any experience by their nature or standards.

What department do or did you work in? What was the first few months like? That is where the training should have been and your manager needed or needs to be aware of this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

marie in San Antonio, Texas

90 months ago

I don't work there anymore but it was commercial lines..I quit two months ago and it just sucked..You know getting hired by the company it was great I was so excited and they tell you all these opportunities you have..yeah right...First of the training is too damn long..all you do is read worksheet read worksheet..we had no examples of actual phone calls 2 wks to learn 1 of seven lines of business by the time you learn the last one you forgot the other ones.. they give you two weeks of training for billing when 97% of the calls are all billing..they spend so much time going over all these endorsements when you don't even see half of them on you calls..they have you processing but if you don't meet your stats they fire you and thats cause they are taking that away..they fired or alot of great people quit who would have been great for the job..but its their lost..I guarantee you every single employee leaves so angry and stressed out its sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

M.E. in Michigan in Southfield, Michigan

90 months ago

marie in Des Moines, Iowa said: Wow this company makes it sound so great to work at and how they have so many opportunities but don't even give you the right training for the job.Employees are dropping like flies and all you hear are people complaining how bad it is to work there.Don't work there

Marie, you are SOOOO right - they don't train you (or walk you through a five or six screen ridiculous process just to open a file) and then they absolutely BLIND-SIDE you with all the "other" job descriptions they failed to reveal to you in the interviewing process. I quit after ONE day. Any poor souls out there considering it - PLEASE do yourself a favor - they make it sound like they have the bery best health insurance - then they drop the bomb on you that it will take anywhere from $80.00 to $150.00 for a "choice" of your "provided" for (yeah, right)"benefit" of insurance. Funny, I always thought that a "benefit" meant provided for by the employer - NOT financed by the employee!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.